Author Topic: Some guns.  (Read 4088 times)

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
Re: Some guns.
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 02:05:07 am »
Tbh, noc. Your weapons are bollocks and need improving. Fix them, before trying to make a whole bunch and wasting your own time.

If you ment weapons from the porta I can tell you just one thing : What the feck ?
Seriously, your critism has nothing to do with constructivity. Who the hell are you even ?

Porta: Your weapons ain't that bad. But please, don't rush them and don't make them too big. That's all.

Why should you even care what I think? You don't even know who I am, so please just leave it be Mr. Im to good to notice other modders.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 08:00:42 am »
Who the hell are you to be bigshotting, Bootz? Is he really too good to notice others or have you just not made something big enough to be noticed?
If you say something is crap without giving the guy some pointers then how is he going to pull himself out of the morass?

Don't be such a stubborn Australian.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 04:13:10 pm »
Ok. One thing which stands out the most to me is the shaping, and details. Like the shotgun, the shape of that is maybe abit to square, and its colours are kinda plain. My fav' would have to be the second one, which im guessin' is a ruger? It looks nice, shape is good but it hasn't got enough detail IMO. Silenced pistol looks abit to big, with it being almost as bit as the rifles.

Sorry to all my bs over the last few days, I'll be sure to clean my act up D:.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2008, 04:38:55 pm »
Sorry If I hurted you, didn't ment to. But lately there are some sort of people which I don't see usually and they are giving just too sharp critism. I mean, they personally wouldn't be to happy with more flame than constructive critism in other posts.

Ya' know what I mean ?

On the other hand I know who you are. I know all (I guess) modders around here. It's nice to have some new blood in this quite empty topics. I respect all who're making something for this community.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008, 04:40:14 pm »
Ok. One thing which stands out the most to me is the shaping, and details. Like the shotgun, the shape of that is maybe abit to square, and its colours are kinda plain. My fav' would have to be the second one, which im guessin' is a ruger? It looks nice, shape is good but it hasn't got enough detail IMO. Silenced pistol looks abit to big, with it being almost as bit as the rifles.

He's right. You just need to take a little bit more time with mixing or sampling the colors so that your guns aren't just blocks of 3 colors. I also highly suggest you make barrels at least 2 pix wide, never 1 pix wide [like in your Colt and HP995].
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 12:50:48 am »
Please clean up your weapon shapes so they are more clear.  Some of your pistols look as if you simply got a pencil in paint and drew the outline by hand with the mouse.  Take the time to do pixel by pixel, if it looks a little odd, erase the secton you want to fix and try a different approach again and again until you get one that looks good, and/or suits the weapon.  At least thats how I do it.  Good luck!

Player since late 2007

Offline porta

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2008, 06:54:19 pm »
I am back and i modified ak gun, silent pistol and a hi point.

Offline porta

• Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 08:54:34 am »
Update, fixed m48, added 2 knifes and i will post a pistol. ;D

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2008, 02:02:11 pm »
The quality of your work is improving. Keep at it.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2008, 07:44:50 pm »
welcome back porta!

I'm liking your work, just keep going at it (and work on those shapes too ;) )

Player since late 2007

Offline porta

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2008, 07:53:04 pm »
Thanks, i made a m4 series from a hair trigers outlines and i will post it at shade the outlines as soon i get my computer back. (repairing cd rom) :( ;D

Offline porta

• Major(1)
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2008, 08:00:18 pm »
I made hipoint snipers edition.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008, 06:21:32 pm »
okay, the Hipoint-995 needs a short of skinnier stock on the end, yours is very vertical, and the scope needs to be shorter

also, are you re-sizing?  If so, then you should make your own outlines first, then if you want put the re-sized weapons as the shading, it looks a lot nicer (re-sized outlines generally look bad)

Player since late 2007

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 05:52:14 pm »
As I said before, you need to work a bit on your shapes. The shading is really good, but the effect is quite meh when combined with not so good shapes. Also, many of your weapons are far too thin IMHO, e.g. 32 silent pistol.

Overall, they're quite good. Some practice and who knows, you might be one of the best modders out there :P