Author Topic: Boots Moddin' Corner  (Read 11741 times)

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
Re: Boots Moddin' Corner
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2008, 05:00:33 pm »
it looks real nice for me

Totally feel you there, but adding my two cents...

I noticed a while ago that if you're showing a mod to a community, really, it gets converted from a mod that pleases you to a mod to please the community. Sometimes you have to ignore what they all say about conventionalities and just "Damn the torpedoes" and go full speed ahead, while other times, the voice of the community, however harsh it may be at first, really does make sense. I hate to use HLT as an example here but allow me to point out that, in the beginning, I thought my original graphics looked great, but Sky insisted they looked out of proportion and some colors were pretty bad. It really stung a bit and you could probably taste it if you read, ah, say, page 2 of the original thread. But it really motivated me to see if I could shut him up, and it gave me some really nice results that now, when I look back, I laugh at myself and say, "Wow, those weapons really were pretty crappy!"

Just something to consider. The Spas-12 looks like a grayish Spas-shaped lump of limestone on my display, but I'll be the first to admit that I don't know what you're trying to do for the overall effect [of your mod-in-consideration] -- only that it's not in accord to the style you seem to have 'established' here. Of course, I think you can get away with it if all the guns were light like it, but it seems to me that the vast majority of people are more responsive to dark, vivid colors.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2008, 05:22:53 pm »
it looks real nice for me

Totally feel you there, but adding my two cents...

I noticed a while ago that if you're showing a mod to a community, really, it gets converted from a mod that pleases you to a mod to please the community. Sometimes you have to ignore what they all say about conventionalities and just "Damn the torpedoes" and go full speed ahead, while other times, the voice of the community, however harsh it may be at first, really does make sense. I hate to use HLT as an example here but allow me to point out that, in the beginning, I thought my original graphics looked great, but Sky insisted they looked out of proportion and some colors were pretty bad. It really stung a bit and you could probably taste it if you read, ah, say, page 2 of the original thread. But it really motivated me to see if I could shut him up, and it gave me some really nice results that now, when I look back, I laugh at myself and say, "Wow, those weapons really were pretty crappy!"

Just something to consider. The Spas-12 looks like a grayish Spas-shaped lump of limestone on my display, but I'll be the first to admit that I don't know what you're trying to do for the overall effect [of your mod-in-consideration] -- only that it's not in accord to the style you seem to have 'established' here. Of course, I think you can get away with it if all the guns were light like it, but it seems to me that the vast majority of people are more responsive to dark, vivid colors.

Thanks for your 2 cents Esp! Really will take that into account as inspiration. Im really glad you gave feedback on my moddin'. About the Spas 12, and why people like dark colours more.. That's kinda the main reason of my mod; not to be dark and vivid. I just wanna see how it work's out, and yah I will make big changes to my Spas 12 course I know it isn't the best I can make it.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2008, 05:35:15 am »
Lol... Boots I have to admit I was wayy too kind to you about that spas-12.  I diddn't like it but I wasn't game enough to admit how ugly it is...  sorry but yeah I think you should work on it a bit ;)

Esp, thanks for the speech twas helpful.

Player since late 2007

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2008, 06:26:51 am »
Heh, I tryed it ingame and its fine.

Instead of saying its ugly, why don't you post WHY it's ugly, insteas of complianing ;_;
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2008, 02:42:37 pm »
It's not necessarily ugly... a lot of people say 'ugly' but they really mean that 'it's not normal.'
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2008, 03:59:46 pm »
spas 12 needs some work, it's wayy to light and a bit to blocky/fat..

all the rest is pretty decent work.

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2008, 04:02:20 pm »

I ain't stupid, and by the looks of it I went for a change of colours.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2008, 05:27:48 pm »
Sometimes it's best to keep stuff like that hidden away at home.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2008, 04:03:59 am »
wut?

P:

Date Posted: 22 April 2008, 01:42:34
lmfao
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline kittycat

• Major(1)
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2008, 06:15:52 pm »
could u make me a famas :p
ill add pics later

btw i think thats too big D: pic but  owell :o and can some1 teach me how to change weps?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 06:18:42 pm by kittycat »
hey everyone go to\/ and go put feedback on the HLT mod by espadon, its the best.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=24703.0

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2008, 02:51:14 am »
Hehe.  What gun could that be Boots?  Tis alright :)

Kittycat.. make a pic of a gun, save it as what number weapon you want it to replace (e.g. "1" to save it over the desert eagles), and put it in C:\Soldat\Interface-gfx\Guns.  There's heaps of topics around you should look at some of them ;\

Player since late 2007

Offline kittycat

• Major(1)
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2008, 03:11:42 pm »
well i know how to do that but when i put it in the one my friend made
i got a violation

and when i put back to reguler steyr i got violation and it wouldnt let me play on oneplayer or on a server i had to delete soldat and had to download again thats why i asked that so if i did anything wrong
hey everyone go to\/ and go put feedback on the HLT mod by espadon, its the best.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2008, 03:28:42 am »
You have to delete the old image file I think.  I've had 3 different steyrs in the same folder once but I diddn't have a problem, I think it's the file type, try not having two of the same weapons together, or make them a different file type :)

Player since late 2007

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2008, 03:34:14 am »
Ill try the FAMAS, maybe.. But atm im working on my own mod, and any time I get is towards that
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline kittycat

• Major(1)
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2008, 07:49:58 pm »
well i had this one time i had just one image of famas when i turned i had the steyr lol

Date Posted: May 12, 2008, 04:07:41 pm
SRRY FOR DOUBLE POST but im useing dairys mod for famas(srry bootz but it also has more guns and i dont got to wait but im very very very srry! :'( )

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2008, 04:21:18 pm »
oh well, tbh i couldnt give. ;o
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline kittycat

• Major(1)
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2008, 10:36:43 pm »
its ok anyway but keep makeing weps or modding what ever u do best bootz :)