Author Topic: Sub-gamemode List  (Read 28777 times)

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
Sub-gamemode List
« on: March 31, 2008, 09:12:09 pm »
At one point I became curious about a database of all the sub-gamemode that exist, and decided to create a list of general information about many that exist. This is by no means a complete list, but here is what has been gathered so far:
NameAuthorScriptAdvertsMapsShort Description
BlowUp
CatchCatch the falling guns for points
Dodgeballnonemany?db_*Knives only, usually survival, custom maps, teams separated throwing knives across separator
Duckhuntnoneinf_duck*Snipers and laws only, teams separated, alpha can only capture/score the flag, bravo defends
Elite Partynonectf_climbwar*Two teams separated by a boarder climb, shooting or passing the flag through the border; flags can fall through the map, needing to restart
Hot Potato
Killer FlagThe team's flag is the only way to kill eachother, throw the enemy flag while avoiding your own flag
Kit MadnessAvoid touching the falling kits on your way to the flag
Law Catchnonelaw_*Laws only, usually survival, custom maps, team separated by short polygon, law bullets fired are pulled down by gravity onto enemy grounds
Legends(dnmr? I forget)incompleteAn RPG
LevelsAdvance a level by making a kill and get to the highest level without dying to score
King of the Hill
Missile TagTag people by shooting them and watch the missile explode their butts.
MountainClimbingnone (x)Realistic-enabled climbing
Musical VestsFind a bulletproof vest before the time runs out or you will be out
Pinballpb_*Polygons are stacked to push you away, causing you to go all over the place with little control, try to capture/score the flag
Protect the VIPEach team has a VIP with vest and socom, first team to kill the other VIP wins
Punching PonchosPlayers race to a goal while bots push them back
Saw Racingsr_*Alpha-only, players given saws modded to push towards the cursor, race to capture/score the flag
Seabattle
Shooting Raceuse boosting guns and your nitro to race through the maps
SkijumpingxxPlayers "ski" through a path, and then jump a cliff, trying to get the furthest distance
SoldiballyesThrow the flag into the opposing team's goal to score a point; limited holding time
Steyrs 'n Socomsa CTF match with only these guns, steyr to boost your speed and socom to 1-hit-kill
TagYou get points when not tagged, tagger has weapons and tags by killing.
TagmodTry to avoid getting killed by the taggers as long as possible
Tug of WarPush the dummies to the enemy team to get a point
VolleyballPlayers on two teams play volleyball with a knife
Weapon RaceLike hoverrace but with more weapons and nitro!
AIM MapsAvaraxnoneaim_*Alpha only, players snipe bots falling down from the sky?
ClimbAvaraxnoneManykz_* variousWeaponless, jumping around, avoiding obstacles
Counter-Strike ClassicAvaraxnonecs_* de_*Custom maps, realistic
HexerAvaraxRPG mod, special abilities as leveling up, account system
HoverraceAvaraxctf_hover* hr_*Alpha-only, players given miniguns modded to push towards the cursor, race to capture/score the flag
MiracleModAvaraxxRPG mod, arcade styled, classes with abilities, no saving but levels
TrenchWar ClassicAvaraxManyctf_tw_* tw_*Custom maps, realistic
TrenchWar DominationAvaraxx, xTeam dominates the map by covering more ground
SandboxBoblekonvoluttx
Flying SocomzBombSkinonefs_*Using the modded USSOCOM to push you forward, you must race other players to find and capture the alpha flag, then return to home and score it
KnifeModDarkCrusadex
Counter-StrikeDorkeyDearxSurvival, bought weapons/accessories, retreive weapons after being victorious
Curt's DeathmatchDorkeyDearlostdefaultPlayers who die respawn when their killer dies
Grenade ClimbDorkeyDearYesgc_*Players are given infinite grenades, and must throw them onto colliders to push themselves away from the deadly floor, there are no breaks
King of the HillDorkeyDearlostDeathmatch, players kill eachother over a hill, player with a certain time first wins, or with the most overall time
SoccerDorkeyDearxs_*Flamer only, no damage, players push medikit around into goals to score a point
Space GameDorkeyDearxsg_*No gravity. Miniguns to move. USSOCOMs weapons modified to shoot M79 bullets to kill. Goal is to throw flag into target goal. Two teams.
Switch ClimbingDorkeyDearxsc_*Climbing with a twist. Yellow polygons can be deadly, or safe, being "switched" by touching red or green polygons.
Team King of the HillDorkeyDearlostFlagless CTF, players kill eachother over a hill, team with a certain time first wins, or with the most overall most time wins
TrenchWar TerritoriesDorkeyDearxBases, team stands on to claim, push to enemy
Bombing RunDr.Thraxxxbr_*
Double DominationDr.Thraxxctf_dd_*Dominate both bases to be victorious
VolleyballDr.ThraxWeaponless; charlie and delta players toss a flag back and forth until somebody misses and it falls into the pit, opposite team scores
OnslaughtFalconPLprivatex
FlagballFrozeninfernab & A Flyctf_Flagball?Saws only (except goalies), HTF, toss flag into goals for points
iModHoboxdefaultEach weapon is a class with skills and abilities
Pirates vs. NinjasHacktankx
GunGameIq-UnlimitedxanyDeathmatch; to win, you must kill using every weapon
Hide 'n SeekIq-UnlimitedxClassic game of hide and seek, although to seek, you kill.
QuakeKwS PallxdefaultWeapons have spawn points
Basketballlewymatiincompletebbl_*
2 Way ShootoutMetalWarriorit works like knife basketball
AssaultMetalWarrior
Brutal SoccerMetalWarriorSaws only, CTF (charlie & delta), toss flag into goals for points
Capture the ObjectiveMetalWarrior
Flag JumperMetalWarrior
Hostage Rescue MissionMetalWarriorunreleasedtripwires, flashbangs, use your knife to lure the hostage
MinefieldMetalWarrior
PortalMetalWarriorxPlayers create "portals" which they can teleport from one location to another through puzzles
Portal 2MetalWarriorunreleasedPlayers create "portals" which they can teleport from one location to another through puzzles; cooperative play, checkpoints, 80+ maps
PushoverMetalWarriorPush other people into deadly polygons and watch them splash.
Soldat FortressMetalWarriorincompleteTF2-like
WormsMetalWarriorincompleteRemake of the game Worms for Soldat; only for Soldat 1.4.2
CatchMeMightyxxHide n' Seek, but when caught, you turn into a seeker
Search and DestroyNorbox
BasketballPANTERAxbb_GothicUse the knife to score points playing basketball
PerroRACEPerroAZULxrc_*Players play on slightly modified default maps, circuit-styled race against other players
King of the HillRaithahnone
1v1 Tournamentrhidex
Arcade Madnesssai`kexModified gameplay using a script
Last Standsai`ke & Spkka & tk` & MetalWarriorprivate (and public version, separate?)xls_*Much cooperation of teamwork needed with various classes to live through many waves of zombies
Tactical TrenchWarSpkka & sai`ke & MetalWarrior (metal made different version?)xttw_*Classes specific abilities, conquer bunkers using teamwork against the enemy
Counter-StrikeToumazx(yes)Bought weapons/accessories
FistboxToumazxdefaultPlayers can mod the server with a package of goodies
Berserker ModTtil_Np.csWoW*(BM)Climb, racing against people, while dodgeing beserker kits in attempt to capture/score the flag
Predator HuntVigxCustom inf_*Alpha has saws and predator, Bravo has Barretts
xmRipper's TrenchwarsxmRipperx
Left 4 DeadxXSnowyXxx
Ultimate SurvivalzyxstandxDodge raining knives

I have decided to leave out sub-gamemodes that involve only restricted weapon use due to that there are many different possible combinations that would bloat the list up if included. A few common ones include Knife and Slice, Saw and Law, and Knives Only.

MultiMode is a Soldat Server / script which runs various sub-gamemodes that change every map change. Information can be found here.

There are many different kinds of zombie gamemodes, and I have yet to sort through them. I am not certain what the real titles are for some of them since some of these are just server names with unnamed scripts. Here is a short list of them:
NS Zombie Battle[ZM]
Zombie Survivor
Zombie Rpg|ZM|
-Snowy-'s (scripted)
Day of the Dead - Mercs vs Undead (scripted)
Spasman's Zombie Survival
Hacktank's ZRPG

Input is greatly appreciated. Please report unlisted sub-gamemodes, faults and their associated corrections, and discussion on whether or not something should be listed. Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 01:05:18 pm by DorkeyDear »

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: Sub-gamemode List
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 09:41:09 pm »
Wow, there's quite a few.  Thanks for the list

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
  • Can't be arsed to remove christmas avatar
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 05:25:03 am »
Yay, you mentioned us, thanks :)

Also, nice initiative. You forgot multi mode. But it's basically a collection of a few of these.
#soldat.ttw #ttw.gather --- Quakenet!
http://ttwforums.com

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 05:33:34 am »
Also, nice initiative. You forgot multi mode. But it's basically a collection of a few of these.
Yeah, i dont think of multimode as a sub-gamemode, but more as a bunch of them in one server..

Hopefully I'll have a table up soon to be more organized..
Name - Author - Example Servers (adverts) - Script (link) - Map Prefix(es) - Short description
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 05:35:42 am by DorkeyDear »

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 05:45:56 am »
Nice of you to put in 'Saw&Law' and 'Styrs 'n Socoms'. But im not sure if you'd call that 'subgames', they're just games with a lot of weapons disables (although im not sure bout Styr's 'n Socoms btw, just sounds that way). If you'd really like them in your list you might wanna add:
-One Shots
-Snipe&Slice
-Slicers
-Knife Only

and there are probably more.
for S&L, OS, S&S and Slicers please link to http://elitectf.com, but if i were you, i wouldn't add them.
Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 05:53:43 am »
Nice list :)

Here's a subgamemode I started, played on so called aim_maps:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=9564.0
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=9616.0

EDIT:

I demand "original creatorship" for:
-climbmaps
-CS R/S
-Hexer
-MiracleMod
-Hoverrace
-Classic & Domination Trenchwars (tw_moats = first TW map, though inspired by Boxo's ctf_Complex9)
-Aimmaps

:P

[/sniffy post]
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 07:40:10 am by Avarax »
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 09:46:31 am »
Thoumaz's (scripted)
* Toumaz points to nickname >:|

And yeah, nice list. Add links for every mode and you're all set.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 02:41:49 pm »
Nice of you to put in 'Saw&Law' and 'Styrs 'n Socoms'. But im not sure if you'd call that 'subgames', they're just games with a lot of weapons disables (although im not sure bout Styr's 'n Socoms btw, just sounds that way)
Your right. I'll take em off. For "Styr's 'n Socoms", I was thinking and am not 100% sure if it should be taken off, sense its a WM, with only 2 weapons, and its like a sub-gamemode on the maps that multi-mode has it for.. I'll just take it off sense any of those can be played on custom maps and be called a sub-gamemode.

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 03:02:27 pm »
well in that case, hoverrace/sawrace/flying socomz/duckhunt/law catch/dodgeball/trenchwars arent really subgamemodes either.. just a wmod with custom maps. ;)
nice list though, itd be cool if u can add the additional info like prefix and such

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 03:04:14 pm »
well in that case, hoverrace/sawrace/flying socomz/duckhunt/law catch/dodgeball/trenchwars arent really subgamemodes either.. just a wmod with custom maps. ;)
nice list though, itd be cool if u can add the additional info like prefix and such
true, i guess its kind of hard to decide if its a sub-gamemode or just something small...
and I'm working on that.

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 03:22:53 pm »
imo:

special maps, which change the rules of combat (ie. duckhunt, lawcatch, dodgeball)= subgamemode
weapon mods, which change the purpose of a weapon (ie. race, instead of killing) = subgamemode

a normal wmod with just 'enhanced' weapons would not be a subgamemode.
Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 03:25:40 pm »
What exactly is Quake? I've never heard of that SGM.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 03:30:46 pm »
What exactly is Quake? I've never heard of that SGM.
I saw it on some topic, so I added it... You would have to search it and tell me, sense I only glanced and added it. I was just about to go to bed so didn't have spare time to figure out info about it.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 03:59:07 pm »
Here's the link for the Quake script if anyone is interested.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 04:54:47 pm »
It is all set up into a table now, with a bunch more information, although it is not all filled out and completely accurate. Information with a "?" next  to it is because I'm uncertain if that is correct. I'll get rid of the ? once somebody verifies it though.

Offline rumpel

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 05:52:27 am »
banned.

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
  • Can't be arsed to remove christmas avatar
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 08:33:19 am »
Tactical Trenchwar authors are me and Spkka + the ttw community :P
Also, maybe add in the description that you can conquer bunkers in the mode. It's a fairly essential aspect of the (sub) sub game mode. Thanks :)
#soldat.ttw #ttw.gather --- Quakenet!
http://ttwforums.com

Offline Boblekonvolutt

• Soldier
  • "YOU are a CAR."
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 08:39:37 am »
you forgot sandbox
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=24025.0
Sandbox isn't really a subgamemode, it's more of a tool to... Eh, lame to be honest.

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 09:48:07 am »
NameAuthorScriptAdvertsMapsShort Description
Predator HuntdanmerxCustom inf_*Alpha has snipers, Bravo has saws and predator
vice versa. Alpha got pred and saw, bravo has rets. Also it was mostly Vig's idea and he's also responsible for the maps, so i guess his name should also be there (unless you want him to post here revealing his dictionary once again lol)

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 07:57:30 am »
* BombSki votes for sticky