Author Topic: Weapon selection...  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
Weapon selection...
« on: April 03, 2008, 05:27:17 pm »
I know this may be a bad idea to post this, but Soldat needs more weapons. Or somehow give the player, or admin, a chance to add more weapons through his server or game.
Mainly because using the same weapons over and over again can get boring, even with modding.
I just suggest being able to use more weapons within the game.
And add the ability to change what mod is going during when the server is running.

El_Spec

Re: Weapon selection...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 07:40:42 pm »
Number of weapons won't change.  It'll be better if you can have more modding possibilities.  Like not only Barrett has scope or LAW you don't have to crouch. 

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 10:33:10 pm »
And add the ability to change what mod is going during when the server is running.
LOADWEP xxx - reloads weapons.ini weapon settings or from file xxx.ini
(copy-pasted from manual.)

Soldat needs no more weapons imho, btw. RTFSticky.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 05:27:59 am »
I only wouldn't mind if you're talking about making each gun CAN BE MODIFIED further, such as:

1. Making other guns shoot 2 bullets
2. Scope
3. Need to be crouched to shoot
4. Whether the weapon drops a clip upon reload (Ruger, Chainsaw and LAW doesn't)
5. Whether it would reload like a Spas or Bow
6. What weapon sound files it uses and when is it used (LAW has no reload, chainsaw-o.wav only plays when you saw while reloading)
7. Whether the gun can be thrown and kill
8. Have a setting separate from bullet speed that determines the length of throw

And so on...

But if you're telling us to create new default weapons for Soldat...

The Official Suggestions Sticky

The Don't-Suggest List[/b]
NEW WEAPONS This would invite even more weapon-balance issues, disrupt Soldat's file layout, mess up functionality of old mods, etc. Besides, you can already edit weapons.ini ;)

Got it? Don't suggest new weapons. They will never be added. I believe MM has also agreed on this.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 08:16:11 am »
I'd like to see something along the lines of a non-cartridge reload rifle, like you'd be able to reload like the spas but fire like the ruger. I think it should be moddable.
Lol, internets.