Author Topic: How to beat me in Trenchwar  (Read 12441 times)

Offline Peu

• Soldier
How to beat me in Trenchwar
« on: April 02, 2008, 06:40:53 pm »
I thought to myself once "Maybe as they adapt, they'll counter my tricks and beat the shit out of me. I better be slick about it." Yeah, right. Like ten or so people actually react and adapt, and unless I'm playing with them, I'm probably bored.

So, I'm going to spell out here the majority of my tricks, so that you know what to expect, and hopefully, you'll react or something.

-------
As those of you who play against me have noticed, I REALLY like the Ruger. I think it is the most versatile weapon because:
A. It can kill in one headshot
B. Since it's only one shot, I only need a minimal amount of time with a line of sight
C. Mad range

Now, a bit about me:
A. I'm fast
B. I rush
C. I'm patient
D. I can counter your spray
E. I learn your tricks almost instantly, even if I don't react to them

Now, this should be a good start. So, here's how it goes.

If you know that I know that you're camping nearby, and I'm either in a trench or behind a door -any cover, really- know this: I will shoot you as soon as I can. I will NOT wait till I'm at the apex of my jump. The Ruger shoots about one shot every half a second. I'm going to shoot you as I'm coming out of the hole, as I'm at the apex, and as I'm falling. I will also be throwing a grenade as I'm doing this.
I already marked you when I say you, and I'm aiming at you while I'm in the hole. When I jump out, I just keep the aim in place and blow you to hell.

I will ALWAYS try to be above you, so I will often take the highest path possible. Being above you give me free headshots. This is part of the reason I backflip so damn much.

The other reason I backflip so damn much is because I'm dodging your shots. I usually keep my distance from you so that you have to lead your shot, and then, I play to your anticipations and dodge.

My FAVORITE thing to do in any situation is to make ample use of misdirection. I like sneaking up on people and make them believe lies. If we're in a bunker and you think it's a good idea to simply follow me, you're going to die. Everything I do as I play is directed at making you easier to kill:
A. Every time I pretend I'm going to attack and don't is so you'll get used to that behavior, NOT because I'm actually going to attack in that same way.

If I'm standing still behind a door, and I know you see me, that's because I'm doing it for a reason. You're wasting time as I'm waiting for reinforcements. I'm also reloading, and creating doubts in your head as to what is it that I'm actually going to do. I'm ALSO making you act first, because believe me, I have at least two different plans to kill you when you move.

I spray for four reasons:
A. To hit/wound you at places where you are likely to be
B. to make you think I'm at the place where the spray shot came from (misdirection)
C. to suppress your team while something else is happening
D. To make your sniper think that he has a shot, waste it, so that I have a full second of open ground to make my next move

When I say "inc" "high" or "he's in the rafters" in teamchat, it's not always for my teammates, it's so you enemies can see and do something stupid. There have been countless times when I rushed ahead of my team, died, and said "inc" just so the enemies would think the area ahead is fortified, and stop their advance. Also, it makes people waste grenades.

If you're spraying AND camping, you're asking me to kill you in the most leisurely way possible.

The speed at which I run is decided by three things:
A. If I need to assist from lines
B. If I want run past you and make you turn your back to the front lines
C. If I want to kill you before you get to react

Just because I seem reckless, doesn't mean I'm doing thoughtless things. I die a lot not only because I don't give a shit, but because I'm using up YOUR time to kill me, since I can probably run back faster than you can. I sometimes make a run only to wound everyone in your team.

The objective is to Capture The Flag, and I know this. I don't usually like fulfilling it, as I rather find interesting new ways to kill people, however, when I DO want to cap, I will gear my actions towards that. If I don't kill you for some reason when it seems that I would have otherwise, it's probably because I'm making you waste time, preventing you from respawning, and in general, doing something much more effective that killing you might have been.

I am REALLY nimble. I can get atop most structures with backflips where others would use grenades. Always expect versatility, and take precautionary actions.

How I take bunkers:
assuming the external defenses are down, I will probably go onto the roof and around the back. If I come from the front, I'm going to do at least two of these three things:
A. Throw a grenade
B. do a backflip TOWARDS you as soon as I'm in the door, making you miss and giving me my headshot
C. Fake you out and make you waste your LAW/grenade/sniper shot/Ruger shot

Don't hide in the same place twice in a row... just... don't... I remember them, and I use them.

The grenades I throw that seem superfluous are for three things:
A. To distract you so that you have to evade it
B. To launch you up so I can shoot you
C. So that you'll forget about it, and evade my bullets into the grenade

----------------

That's all I can think of right now, but please, I'm tired of using these same goddamned tricks on you people who don't react or learn. I like developing new ones, but I never get a chance to test them out because you fall for the FIRST stage of the trick, before it ever even gets interesting.

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
Re: How to beat me in Trenchwar
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 07:10:47 pm »
learn to play tactical TW and join a TTW gather, and well see who the best roofjumper is :P

also why did u post this in the modding forum.. :S

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 07:13:51 pm »
I do pretty good against you rushing with my shotgun.  ;)

(A Furry)

Date Posted: April 02, 2008, 06:11:54 pm
And this is in the mod section why? alsotrenchwarssuckslol

It's not anymore.

Offline Peu

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 07:27:06 pm »
Yeah, I don't actually know what it was doing in the other section, since I don't actually even read that. But there WAS an error when I tried to submit, and I had to do it twice because it landed on an error page. Well, thanks for moving it.

You're A Furry? Yeah, you're good...

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 07:45:13 pm »
How to be incredibly arrogant on soldatforums:
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 08:11:41 pm »
What the fuck makes you so sure your good? I could take you. Everyone in BLAK could take you. Arrogant much?

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 08:41:33 pm »

Maybe this is a stupid question to ask...but who are you?
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 08:49:49 pm »
Maybe this is a stupid question to ask...but who are you?

Peu's a relatively well known player in TW. Ah, as far as I remember he's considered one of the better Ruger users in TW. *shrugs* 2Wai isn't the whole world, even if you do have all the celebrities.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Peu

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 09:37:31 pm »
I never actually said I was good, actually, only that people have a hard time learning to avoid simple tricks, so I'm telling those who don't know these tricks about them, and essentially, how to counter them.

If you find this arrogant, then maybe you're a bit sensitive. Statistically speaking, against the people I'm talking about, these tricks work about 75% of the time.

I never implied EVERYONE is incapable of learning, but of the people that play all the time and that I see online all the time in the servers I play, most are pretty damn stupid. It's amusing, though, that you, Iq Unlimited (a name I take not to mean the arrogant thing I think it means) would be so defensive, so quickly. Wow, BLAK. Just another clan, sorry.

As a matter of fact, what a foolish, idiotic thing to do, forming this post as I did, when I knew how sensitive people tend to be. Either way, that was the most accurate rendition of what tends to happen in the very limited scope of the situations I presented.

-----
As a disclaimer for you naysayers and hearsayers, and arbitrary interpreters: My aim is mediocre, and so is my skill. The tricks hearby presented are, in fact, the ones that *I* use the majority of the time, and so the knowledge of which would be most effective in defeating *ME*
-----

So don't get offended if you're good, because this is obviously not directed at you. If you don't fall for these tricks, THAT'S FANTASTIC. You don't know how truly happy this makes me, and I wish you would play with me, because I bet that would be fun as hell. If you ARE offended, then I guess that's just funny too. BUT, what can I do? Such is life and those in it.

Offline Kerrazyeye

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 09:53:41 pm »
My aim is mediocre, and so is my skill.
Lies. You own. But seriously, some people take this game way to seriously - its just soldat. Grab an M79 or whatever and have fun above all else.

To below: I know. Pick one of the other 15 weapons then, it really doesnt matter.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 10:19:40 pm by Kerrazyeye »

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 09:59:48 pm »
Peu, here's my first impression when you posted this.

"Hey, My name is Peu, I'm going to teach you how to be as good as I am." and I thought: "What the feck does he know? Pompus idiot."

and @above, There is no M79 in trenchwar, It's removed.

Offline TheV

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 10:10:33 pm »
I don't really understand why you would post this unless ofcourse you have become bored with the few players that do infact play trenchwars and were hoping that this post would help them and give you more of a challenge.

I do know that you are a great foe and an even better friend.

I also know that you do have tricks and I myself have seen them and most of the time I can counter them although you are still better then me.

It is always fun to play against or with you. Your a great teammate and you know how to work as a team as many people playing trenchwars do not. They often just rush into battle alone and die which does nothing for the team where you provide cover while taking out enemies thus moving your team up a bunker or such.

I don't understand why Iq thinks this is arrogant, when all you did was try to help the people that have trouble coming up against you.

I know that I cannot myself beat Peu, and I am in BLAK.

Therefore your above statement was false Iq...

I don't like the bashing of a person that you know nothing of other then the fact that they posted something that you alone had a problem with...

It would have been alot better if you had just not said what you said and could have prevented a flame war.

Hell you could have said nothing and think what you wish, because your opinion on the matter really means nothing because you have no power to do anything about it.

So really your post was pretty much pointless.

No I am not bashing you Iq, I am just defending a friend.

Offline poopdogg

• Camper
  • Graffiti 4 ever
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 10:16:06 pm »
PEU and THEV=one person!!!!!!
thev
peu

look at their join dates and time

edit: im not sure  :-\

(Sorry if I am unintelligent, since the knowledge I have only comes from a school text book...)

Offline Kerrazyeye

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 10:23:00 pm »
thev
peu

I played with both of them at the same time on several occasions.....they are different people.

Offline Peu

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 10:25:02 pm »
Lies. You own.

No, I'm definitely serious. I miss almost about 1/4 of my shots, and my skill with the other guns leaves something to be desired. Also, my aim outside TW is even worse because I rely on the predictability of gravity in TW.

Peu, here's my first impression when you posted this.

"Hey, My name is Peu, I'm going to teach you how to be as good as I am." and I thought: "What the feck does he know? Pompus idiot."

Well, That's not what I wrote, though the interpretation is certainly up to you. In fact, I think the title sums up what I talk about almost exactly: I posted all the tricks I use, and how to avoid it, which would, I hope, allow someone to beat me IF they once couldn't. I didn't mean it rhetorically, I meant it literally.

In terms of "What the feck does he know?" Well, the entire post is there to be read, and if you disagree on the effectiveness of the tricks I posted, then feel free (and I encourage it) to post counter arguments about what I do and don't know.

So what's your second impression?
----

V, appreciate the post. It's always good playing with you because you ARE one of those clever people that are not only fun, but very interesting to play with. You adapt.

And yes, the only reason I'm posting this is so that the general population TW players would be more challenging. After all, I only play to have fun, and once the same tricks always work when the interesting players are offline, it's like playing in a zombie server.

Also, I don't get enough practice on how to counter my own tricks, so I don't get to see all their fallacies enough to improve them. I post this so that others will use these tricks against me so I can see the tricks' weaknesses, and so, improve them.

---
poopdogg, I registered in 2006, as you can plainly see...

Offline poopdogg

• Camper
  • Graffiti 4 ever
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 10:26:00 pm »
thev
peu

I played with both of them at the same time on several occasions.....they are different people.
oh .. i thought they're the same.. coz in the words they're using

(Sorry if I am unintelligent, since the knowledge I have only comes from a school text book...)

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 10:28:33 pm »
What the feck makes you so sure your good? I could take you. Everyone in BLAK could take you. Arrogant much?
Fuck off IQ, he imo is way way better then you, and has way more respect in TW.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline rumpel

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 02:44:10 am »
i laughed my ass off as i read the first post<xD
banned.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 06:27:57 am »
Well... I don't care how ego this is, but I certainly can learn a little something from it, whether it is what you posted or some other thing ;)

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 06:39:16 am »
so why didnt you join the gather yet?