Author Topic: How to beat me in Trenchwar  (Read 12589 times)

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
Re: How to beat me in Trenchwar
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2008, 07:46:43 am »
pie plz dude quit soldat for real ur only been a jerk talking about ur "skills" wich probably are nothing comparate with a pro tw player, any ways, if u want a real match ill be waiting ur MP since u already MP me 3 times to say stupi· s"it about me.
First of all,What?

Second of all, Since when did i ever brag about my "skillz"? All i ever did was point out your own ham handedness and lack of spelling.

Thirdly, If i wanted a "match" with a kid, i'd go down to my local primary school and duke it out with a 6 year old. Get a grip, I never Pm'd you about anything, you're pulling facts out of your arse.
Also, at least learn to spell, come on it can't be that hard.

Also, did i mention you're a douche and i've already seen you in countless R/S servers and in several CTF/inf servers. Coincidently, for all of those "skills" you say you have, they still don't help you out of last place.

Also, i might add, We should get back on topic.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 07:48:14 am by Pie »
Lol, internets.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2008, 10:10:00 am »
TW => public => rather low-skilled players => I don't play it =>. trenchwars sux

Whole topic is about someone with nick 'Peu' who's trying to show how pr0 he is...
... which results in flamewar.

MP
Mersonal Pessage?...

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2008, 10:24:33 am »
MP

No, Mana/Magic Points. xD

Lookat you guys, bashing a subgame mode. Don't you all feel like big boys now?
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Peu

• Soldier
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2008, 04:50:13 pm »
Help, help! My ego's threatened. HELP! Ahaha. I love you guys.

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
  • :D
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2008, 04:54:18 pm »
MP

No, Mana/Magic Points. xD

Lookat you guys, bashing a subgame mode. Don't you all feel like big boys now?

Were are Bashing something small, to make us look big?
All teh Piezors Shall beh Minezors!

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2008, 05:14:28 pm »
I thought to myself once "Maybe as they adapt, they'll counter my tricks and beat the bollocks out of me. I better be slick about it." Yeah, right. Like ten or so people actually react and adapt, and unless I'm playing with them, I'm probably bored.

So, I'm going to spell out here the majority of my tricks, so that you know what to expect, and hopefully, you'll react or something.

-------
As those of you who play against me have noticed, I REALLY like the Ruger. I think it is the most versatile weapon because:
A. It can kill in one headshot
B. Since it's only one shot, I only need a minimal amount of time with a line of sight
C. Mad range

Now, a bit about me:
A. I'm fast
B. I rush
C. I'm patient
D. I can counter your spray
E. I learn your tricks almost instantly, even if I don't react to them

Now, this should be a good start. So, here's how it goes.

If you know that I know that you're camping nearby, and I'm either in a trench or behind a door -any cover, really- know this: I will shoot you as soon as I can. I will NOT wait till I'm at the apex of my jump. The Ruger shoots about one shot every half a second. I'm going to shoot you as I'm coming out of the hole, as I'm at the apex, and as I'm falling. I will also be throwing a grenade as I'm doing this.
I already marked you when I say you, and I'
m aiming at you while I'm in the hole. When I jump out, I just keep the aim in place and blow you to hell. NO.

If you want to help the community by giving helpful tips, either contribute to the Soldat Wiki or make a thread here that doesn't (weather you meant it to or not) just serve to massage your ego and makes you look like an arrogant twat.

That is all.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 05:16:07 pm by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline darkangel

• Soldier
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2008, 09:07:20 pm »
ppl can i not be the forum noob anymore change me for peu plz!!!! lol and yeah my bad mp=pm sorry about that, but rly man not even the GOD`s of soldat  talk about theyr skills dude for rea.
redemption for the redemtion...cause I'I'ma Fallen Angel.
do u have what it take to be a fallen angel??

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2008, 09:15:30 pm »
But they give tips and tricks, don't they? ...
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2008, 09:15:46 pm »
Why is this thread still alive? *facepalm*

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2008, 09:30:47 pm »
yo no juego TW, btw, that title really is kinda corny
is TW actually worth to play?
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

El_Spec

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2008, 09:41:39 pm »
If you like realistic and slow-pace gameplay, then yes. 

Offline TheV

• Soldier
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2008, 11:19:25 pm »
Tw is anything but slow...

Actually tw is faster paced then normal ctf...

You just wouldn't know due to the fact that you don't play it.

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2008, 12:21:04 am »
If you like realistic and slow-pace gameplay, then yes.

V pretty much summed it up.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

El_Spec

« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2008, 10:07:23 am »
I play TW just as often as normal CTF.  How the hell is it faster than standard CTF?  With normal CTF, you have Jets, all the weapons enabled, and ability to rush, and several other tactics.  In TW, the fastest you can move is bunny-hop and with a little help of Spas-12 boosting.  And in standard CTF, the flag is always captured and you have to help protect the FFC, in TW, it's extremely difficult to capture the flag and that's the reason why a script has to be used to determine the score.  Your statement is totally invalid.

Offline darkangel

• Soldier
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2008, 11:06:14 am »

ban ur self plz

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2008, 12:00:53 pm »
I'm with El_Spec. Trenchwar maps are designed to be hard as hell to traverse, and you'll encounter a load of choke points and camp spots that a smart defender can use. I can say from personal experience that a good sniper with a good spot can hold back the entire opposing team for minutes at a time on his own. No, trenchwar isn't fast. And people like me see to that.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Peu

• Soldier
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2008, 01:01:26 pm »

If you want to help the community by giving helpful tips, either contribute to the Soldat Wiki or make a thread here that doesn't (weather you meant it to or not) just serve to massage your ego and makes you look like an arrogant twat.

That is all.

Your reading disposition (or maybe comprehension) needs some work. Why would I post on a wiki when I obviously posted on a *forum*?

Well, I thought this thread would be dead by, say, Friday, but apparently, you all just CAN'T resist a good flaming. So I post this in the forum, you know, for discussion, and instead I am called arrogant. Which is fine, really. I can plainly see how many of you would see the first post as arrogant, helpless as you are at maintaining your self esteem.

However, Imagine the curious thing that happen where I make a thread about Trenchwar, and every idiot who neither likes Trenchwar, nor plays it regularly responds instead, failing to address anything in my post except my own assessment of my skills (deemed arrogant.) Really? I mean... REALLY? You don't have anything better to do? Like, say, discuss the actual strategy and whether or not it works like our faux-helpful friend SDFilm who's clout is bigger than his mouth? Or maybe, say, talk about things that actually interest you? (I don't mean the flaming)

First, I said this:

Now, a bit about me:
A. I'm fast
B. I rush
C. I'm patient

Which I assume is the part you thought was most arrogant. This is the best part of this thread -that you couldn't get past this- because (and I repeat myself) well, are you telling me you don't have ANY of these traits, if not all? You modest people you... points A, and B, everyone here said that they are capable of and do so constantly, C went unabated and D I hope everyone who insulted me can do (for the sake of all that is good) and E... well... fool me once... if you all get fooled twice, well, shame.

After I introduced that series of qualifiers which are the factors that influence everything else I talked about, I went on and talked about everything else. And it got on your NERVE that I did so in the first person didn't it? Well, I'm glad it did, because this has been the funniest, most hypocritical thread I've seen in a long line of idiotic internet discussions.

Anyway, it WAS in first person, and the strategy of every situation I spoke of succeeded. GET OVER IT. Why would I put forth arguments for tactics that fail? Well, I didn't, and instead, I put what I put,  which as I said, most of you didn't care to address, which, as I said, was the whole point. Oh well.

Sure, I could have written the entire post in a very simplistic manner, full of hypotheticals, and speaking of the third person gostek and not the first person I. But I like to have fun when I write, and having to write a whole lot, that gets incredibly boring. So I wrote it as I did.

Considering that most everything I originally posted about is pretty much common sense, I thought it was OBVIOUSLY DIRECTED AT BEGINNING PLAYERS. Especially since most of the strategies are reactive, and only like, two, are proactive, and even fewer are uncommon.

I thought that the obviousness that this was more for BEGINNERS reached it's peak when, like, 5 people posted that not only they could take me (based on my text), but that they were familiar with many of the strategies and thought they were easy. I was happy at that point because I thought "Heeeey, good. There ARE people who know what they're doing, maybe they'll say something useful." Hardly. No, that was the bandwagon call and you all jumped on. Congratulations, gentlemen, you won the internet.

And now when I thought everything was SURELY over, you're all arguing over whether or not Trenchwar is either fun or fast paced... WHO the hell gives a flying.. anything? You don't think it's fun?  Fantastic, go play whatever it is that you play. The only person who even made any arguments for or against his or her position was El_Spec. Good job, even if your argument doesn't support your conclusion. (not because they were poor, but because logical arguments fail at subjective assessment.)

My take on TW is this: It's not fast paced all the time, it's a lot like sex. There's a buildup as you run to the forward position, a culmination of events as the pieces are moved, and the final explosion as everything clashes. We don't play for the foreplay, mind you, that just makes the encounter with the enemy that much more satisfying. Trenchwar is about semi-predictability: that enemies take about x amount of time to reach your position from spawn; and that troop advancement is based on that timing, and that unlike TTW (which I find dull) it is fear, doubt, and misconception that often throws an enemy back a bunker, not a single unit who takes bunkers; that running speeds matter in the most basic form of strategy; that it IS horizontal because you are supposed to be easy to hit, which is why there are foxholes, which is why you should keep your head down to avoid sniper/law/anything spray; that gravity adds significance to height.

You don't have to agree, just... say something meaningful and with actual arguments.

Date Posted: April 07, 2008, 01:58:54 pm
El_Spec, I misread your post and I take back what I said about your conclusion. I thought you were talking to someone else about something else. My apologies.

Offline darkangel

• Soldier
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2008, 02:05:58 pm »
My take on TW is this: It's not fast paced all the time, it's a lot like sex.

mmm wut? who compared sex with a shooting game...?
if new players want "tips" on how to defeat a good player, they are going to ask. so plz dont post ever again something like a book  for dummys to defeat good players.
3erd there is nothing more effective than experience over a large post on how to do something.

First, I said this:

Now, a bit about me:
A. I'm fast
B. I rush
C. I'm patient

Which I assume is the part you thought was most arrogant. This is the best part of this thread.
...rly? why do u say that? arrogant...NO WAY!!!.

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2008, 03:28:17 pm »
Trench Wars are among my favorite type of matches. Sadly I don't get enough time into them and my aim is not always on point, as noted by the uncomfortable positioning of my mouse and my having to get reacquainted with soldat in general. Several months is a while for me to not play. Now although I won't recall much of what you said, I will remember the name. Or at least I'm likely to recall it better than what you have said. My fault...memory issues.

As the user member name indicates, I purposely play as the decoy (sometimes under the name decoy) weather my team mates are fully aware of it or not and knowing the possible risk of being killed. However, other times, I use my team mates as decoys (weather they know it or not) and filters to see what to expect up ahead. Minimal spray allows me to sometimes properly estimate where to send shots towards, even if it is with the use of a ruger (against those who waste shots with it, seemingly).

By habit, I rush and creep, making use of sound for an idea of who is where or even using the faint rhythm of an automatic to tell what dog fight is occurring from where. I make use of an m79 to displace enemies not properly grounded, leaving either me or my team mates room to pass on or escape. It also helps me propell myself skyward if I seek to attack from the air in one hit without the sound of jets going off from above. However, I am not strongest when a solitary. Given that my intended tactics don't properly coordinate themselves to its execution, I am always up for a challenge against (or with) someone better to better myself.

Nice to meet you. I'm Not Batman! or Decoy.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 03:30:04 pm by decoy. »
[FF|LL|HE[Cide/Decoy/Not Batman!:
[[ 300.91m | sniping distance
[[ 85:0 | kill:death ratio
[[ us.socom | favorite weapon

Offline Peu

• Soldier
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2008, 03:35:14 pm »
My take on TW is this: It's not fast paced all the time, it's a lot like sex.

mmm wut? who compared sex with a shooting game...?
if new players want "tips" on how to defeat a good player, they are going to ask. so plz dont post ever again something like a book  for dummys to defeat good players.
3erd there is nothing more effective than experience over a large post on how to do something.

First, I said this:

Now, a bit about me:
A. I'm fast
B. I rush
C. I'm patient

Which I assume is the part you thought was most arrogant. This is the best part of this thread.
...rly? why do u say that? arrogant...NO WAY!!!.

Well, I'm comparing sex to a shooting game because, that's what comparisons are for... Obviously... I could have also compared it to, say, the NASA shuttle program, which would have been an almost identical comparison. (selective as comparisons tend to be)

Your assumptions, much like your spelling and reading comprehension, are pathetic. If no one wanted to read this thread, they could have say, skipped over it, not responded, and it would have died quickly, but your idiotic idea to respond kept it alive and kicking. Thank you, I guess, however useless it was.

"3erd" [actually written 3rd] "there is nothing more effective than experience over a large post on how to do something."

A most prized observation. As I stated, with emphasis, twice, on my last post. It's for beginning players. And what do beginning players lack....? I'll let you figure this one out on your own.

Again, you demonstrate how incapable you are at simple tasks: I asked if that was the MOST arrogant part, a subtle difference which I reiterated simply for the sake of specificity: so that we were all talking about the same thing, and so that I could address the issue directly.
---And then you have the NERVE to take the next line out of context and butcher it with a period.

No wonder you're the forum noob.

Date Posted: April 07, 2008, 04:30:59 pm
Decoy, it seems you'd be interesting to play with, or against.