Author Topic: How to beat me in Trenchwar  (Read 12694 times)

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
Re: How to beat me in Trenchwar
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2008, 03:37:26 pm »
I play TW just as often as normal CTF. How the hell is it faster than standard CTF? With normal CTF, you have Jets, all the weapons enabled, and ability to rush, and several other tactics. In TW, the fastest you can move is bunny-hop and with a little help of Spas-12 boosting. And in standard CTF, the flag is always captured and you have to help protect the FFC, in TW, it's extremely difficult to capture the flag and that's the reason why a script has to be used to determine the score. Your statement is totally invalid.
I'm with El_Spec. Trenchwar maps are designed to be hard as hell to traverse, and you'll encounter a load of choke points and camp spots that a smart defender can use. I can say from personal experience that a good sniper with a good spot can hold back the entire opposing team for minutes at a time on his own. No, trenchwar isn't fast. And people like me see to that.
And with things mentioned here, these are why I like TW over regular CTF, although I play the regular quite often. You can take advantage of much but you can also be taken advantage of as well, intelligibly. Or as evident as I've seen.

But I haven't been playing as consistant as others.

Date Posted: April 07, 2008, 04:35:14 pm
Yet I can't always grantee a peak performance Peu.
[FF|LL|HE[Cide/Decoy/Not Batman!:
[[ 300.91m | sniping distance
[[ 85:0 | kill:death ratio
[[ us.socom | favorite weapon

Offline Peu

• Soldier
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2008, 03:47:33 pm »
I don't think anyone can. Just trying different maneuvers and ideas is fun enough.

Offline TradeMAAK

• Soldier
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2008, 03:56:55 pm »
wow, Peu. You are so good. I bet you can get any girl you want now.
destroy

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2008, 04:31:52 pm »

Your reading disposition (or maybe comprehension) needs some work. Why would I post on a wiki when I obviously posted on a *forum*?

Because that's what it's there for? While it's not against the forum rules to post long definitive advise threads, it could be obsolete unless you have something original to give; so you might as well post this in the wiki too if this is good advice. Not that any and all advise must go to the wiki, but why pretend to be definitive when there is already a definitive piece? Anyway, this is a minor point, as there have been other advice threads here and good ones at that.

Well, I thought this thread would be dead by, say, Friday, but apparently, you all just CAN'T resist a good flaming. So I post this in the forum, you know, for discussion, and instead I am called arrogant. Which is fine, really. I can plainly see how many of you would see the first post as arrogant, helpless as you are at maintaining your self esteem.

However, Imagine the curious thing that happen where I make a thread about Trenchwar, and every idiot who neither likes Trenchwar, nor plays it regularly responds instead, failing to address anything in my post except my own assessment of my skills (deemed arrogant.) Really? I mean... REALLY? You don't have anything better to do? Like, say, discuss the actual strategy and whether or not it works like our faux-helpful friend SDFilm who's clout is bigger than his mouth? Or maybe, say, talk about things that actually interest you? (I don't mean the flaming)

First, I said this:

Now, a bit about me:
A. I'm fast
B. I rush
C. I'm patient
D. I can counter your spray
E. I learn your tricks almost instantly, even if I don't react to them

Which I assume is the part you thought was most arrogant. This is the best part of this thread -that you couldn't get past this- because (and I repeat myself) well, are you telling me you don't have ANY of these traits, if not all? You modest people you... points A, and B, everyone here said that they are capable of and do so constantly, C went unabated and D I hope everyone who insulted me can do (for the sake of all that is good) and E... well... fool me once... if you all get fooled twice, well, shame.

After I introduced that series of qualifiers which are the factors that influence everything else I talked about, I went on and talked about everything else. And it got on your NERVE that I did so in the first person didn't it? Well, I'm glad it did, because this has been the funniest, most hypocritical thread I've seen in a long line of idiotic internet discussions.

Anyway, it WAS in first person, and the strategy of every situation I spoke of succeeded. GET OVER IT. Why would I put forth arguments for tactics that fail? Well, I didn't, and instead, I put what I put,  which as I said, most of you didn't care to address, which, as I said, was the whole point. Oh well.

Sure, I could have written the entire post in a very simplistic manner, full of hypotheticals, and speaking of the third person gostek and not the first person I. But I like to have fun when I write, and having to write a whole lot, that gets incredibly boring. So I wrote it as I did.

Considering that most everything I originally posted about is pretty much common sense, I thought it was OBVIOUSLY DIRECTED AT BEGINNING PLAYERS. Especially since most of the strategies are reactive, and only like, two, are proactive, and even fewer are uncommon.

I thought that the obviousness that this was more for BEGINNERS reached it's peak when, like, 5 people posted that not only they could take me (based on my text), but that they were familiar with many of the strategies and thought they were easy. I was happy at that point because I thought "Heeeey, good. There ARE people who know what they're doing, maybe they'll say something useful." Hardly. No, that was the bandwagon call and you all jumped on. Congratulations, gentlemen, you won the internet.

Discussing strategy is fine, but it's hard to take the OP seriously when it comes across (wheter you meant it to or not) as 'Look at me massage my ego, damn I'm so good, you need a whole thread dedicated to defeating me.' Even if it is for beginners, it still comes across as awfully big-headed, despite you explaining some good tactics for TW.

It's not just that you made it 1st-person, it's that you assuming that you will beat them, it's quite confrontational and saying to people 'I think I can't be beaten, now prove me wrong!', which was why you got those people saying they could take you, even though I'm sure that having 1v1 matches with random forum members was not the purpose of this thread.

Now hopefully your readers could just read the advice you gave without giving a feck if the writer is/looks arrogant, but others will.

Take this tutorial for example; it is confrontational and big-headed but the poster isn't serious, where as you are (though granted, not giving the kind of abuse that Sergent Perp is). It's also very funny and useful, so people like to read it instead of just flame it.

Just giving ya some advice so that you can have a larger and more peaceful readership. ;)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 04:37:24 pm by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2008, 04:48:18 pm »
Why did that just make this topic so awesome?
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline V Commander

• Major(1)
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2008, 05:12:44 pm »
Lies. You own.

No, I'm definitely serious. I miss almost about 1/4 of my shots, and my skill with the other guns leaves something to be desired. Also, my aim outside TW is even worse because I rely on the predictability of gravity in TW.

Peu, here's my first impression when you posted this.

"Hey, My name is Peu, I'm going to teach you how to be as good as I am." and I thought: "What the feck does he know? Pompus idiot."

Well, That's not what I wrote, though the interpretation is certainly up to you. In fact, I think the title sums up what I talk about almost exactly: I posted all the tricks I use, and how to avoid it, which would, I hope, allow someone to beat me IF they once couldn't. I didn't mean it rhetorically, I meant it literally.

In terms of "What the feck does he know?" Well, the entire post is there to be read, and if you disagree on the effectiveness of the tricks I posted, then feel free (and I encourage it) to post counter arguments about what I do and don't know.

So what's your second impression?
----

V, appreciate the post. It's always good playing with you because you ARE one of those clever people that are not only fun, but very interesting to play with. You adapt.

And yes, the only reason I'm posting this is so that the general population TW players would be more challenging. After all, I only play to have fun, and once the same tricks always work when the interesting players are offline, it's like playing in a zombie server.

Also, I don't get enough practice on how to counter my own tricks, so I don't get to see all their fallacies enough to improve them. I post this so that others will use these tricks against me so I can see the tricks' weaknesses, and so, improve them.

---
poopdogg, I registered in 2006, as you can plainly see...

Hey Peu... You got the wrong V... >>
And yea you seam to get even better as time goes but you still fall for my traps from time to time and my mad luck when I have it. XD

Offline Peu

• Soldier
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2008, 05:25:27 pm »
SDFilm

I've said already that I misjudged the effects of the post, and I said that it was fine. I also explained to whom I was directing the post, after which it was still flamed in the same manner. I realized plenty that the style would cause confrontation, I just didn't expect it to be blindly so. I suppose I should have. But, I enjoyed writing as I did for the fun of it, and it's still worth it.

And your wording 'Look at me massage my ego, damn I'm so good, you need a whole thread dedicated to defeating me.' Well. I already explained how I wrote in first person as opposed to third as a mere stylistic preference, as many people employ similar tactics. So the difference is superfluous and merely rhetorical, which I clearly ignored. The only real difference is that my post was blatantly so, as opposed to a covertly.
As I said, I'm fine with all this, and far as I'm concerned, this topic should be locked and throw out, as it's already limited use has disappeared.

Also, thank you for you much more humane response this time around. But I don't feel like rewriting it, whether it was useful or not.

Yeah, TradeMAAK a headshot for a headshot...

V Commander, I know. Damn you. But how did I get the wrong V? There are two, are there not?

Offline V Commander

• Major(1)
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2008, 07:26:17 pm »
Actually there's been a high increase on V's around.. >>
Haven't you noticed on the TW servers? Not only there but much of the other servers however. I claim bids on the nick V since I had it before the movie even came out ..>>
XD

Have a good one guys and yea at the beginning it did sound like you were acting like an ego maniac yet not many people go to TW servers so I guess its not your fault they don't know, or see you around much. So Anyone watching this I would like to ask you guys to check the TW servers atleast once in a while and see for yourself.
-V

Offline TheV

• Soldier
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2008, 07:52:57 pm »

I had the name V in 2004 >.>

back off.

Its mine...

and there are 3 tw V's.

"V|Solo"(me), "V commander", and "V."

>.>

Offline darkangel

• Soldier
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2008, 12:43:36 pm »
agree
redemption for the redemtion...cause I'I'ma Fallen Angel.
do u have what it take to be a fallen angel??

Offline Peu

• Soldier
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2008, 10:02:26 pm »
agree

3erded

Offline SilverTalon

• Major(1)
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2008, 11:05:26 pm »

If you rush at Peu with deagles, you will die...

I beg to differ V. :(

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2008, 11:14:27 pm »
agree
Soam, and im pretty sure no one cares..

If you rush at Peu with deagles, you will die...

I beg to differ V. :(

Maybe, but really depends if your vs'in a really good DEagle user.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline Lone-Wolf

• Soldier
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2008, 12:11:05 am »
Now now girls, be nice or I'll spank you.  >:(

What ??

Lies. Only females are emo enough to argue about stuff that don't matter. [pigtail]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 12:12:57 am by Lone-Wolf »

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2008, 01:53:27 am »
Lies. Only females are emo enough to argue about stuff that don't matter. [pigtail]
I hope you are joking...

I mean, Look at Thinkto. Emo much? :)
Lol, internets.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2008, 07:11:00 pm »
I hope you are joking...

I mean, Look at Thinkto. Emo much? :)
damn pie, do you really have to put people as an example? i mean it does make sense..... but don't hurt other people's feeling :D (getting ready to get flamed by Pie and others)
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2008, 12:54:37 pm »
FECK YOU SNIPAH WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU I HOPE YOU AND YOUR BOYFRIEND DIE IN A FIRE SCREAMING AND PISSING YOURSELVES.

Disclaimer: If the above post looks too stupid to be serious, chances are that's the case.

*edit* I get the feeling that either LW is being even less serious than me or he's never met a girl in his life. I can never tell with him.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 12:56:13 pm by Lord Frunkamunch »
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2008, 02:09:49 pm »
FECK YOU SNIPAH WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU I HOPE YOU AND YOUR BOYFRIEND DIE IN A FIRE SCREAMING AND PISSING YOURSELVES.

Disclaimer: If the above post looks too stupid to be serious, chances are that's the case.

*edit* I get the feeling that either LW is being even less serious than me or he's never met a girl in his life. I can never tell with him.
OH NOES THE FLAMING! AND I DON'T HAVE A BOY FRIEND! I GOT A GIRLFRIEND!
[on topic] tried TW, and it really is a wierd gameplay....
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline V Commander

• Major(1)
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2008, 09:09:37 pm »
Thats cuz TW is mainly about teamwork. If you are more of a loner then your pretty much screwed.

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2008, 09:46:59 pm »

OH NOES THE FLAMING! AND I DON'T HAVE A BOY FRIEND! I GOT A GIRLFRIEND!
[on topic] tried TW, and it really is a wierd gameplay....
OH NOES YOU DO NOT REALIZE THAT WE WERE SCREWING WITH YOU WE KNOW YOU DONT HAVE A BOY FRIEND BUT LYING DOESN'T MAKE IT ANY BETTER DOESN'T IT SNIPAH

*Anyways*
Really weird game play? Meh, sure moving around at first is a challenge, since the maps don't have any jets, it's better for those guys who go work out in the climb servers once in a while.

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"