Author Topic: M79 - Make it a bit different.  (Read 13893 times)

Offline iDante

• Veteran
M79 - Make it a bit different.
« on: June 09, 2006, 01:58:18 pm »
Ok, so I thought maybe to make the m79 a little different like this. Right now it is very slow but 1 hit kill, no startup. I was thinking about adding a small startup and increasing the speed and reload a bit.

[M79]
Damage=165000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=200   // +20
Speed=170           // +60
BulletStyle=4
StartUpTime=10    // +10
Bink=45
MovementAcc=3

Offline crazymonkey

• Major(1)
Re: M79 - Make it a bit different.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 02:14:38 pm »
Get rid of the speed increase and minus bink by 10 and I think it'd be perfect.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 02:16:11 pm »
I think function is good as it is. What needs to be changed IMHO is the bink should be increased so the M79 can't retaliate as easily when it is under fire.  Then the M79's splash damage would come into play more then the direct hits that everyone and their uncle can land. Just some opinions.....
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 02:32:58 pm »
I just tried your M79, and it's way too fast. If you think adding a slight start up time and a longer reload time is going to make up for an extra 60 in speed, I suggest you test it out in an actual game with other people. It's much more overpowered than it is otherwise.

I'm not sure that a start up time is the answer for the M79. I will try it out later (without an extra speed bonus) and see if it's any better, but I do believe extra bink will solve the problem with the gun.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 02:42:39 pm »
Speed and startup are useless and would make the M79 useless. Just the reload would be nice
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 02:56:04 pm »
Ok I slowed it down a bit (Still faster than default) and got rid of startup. How is it? I tested it and like it, but what do I know>?

[M79]
Damage=165000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=200   // +20
Speed=130          //  +20
BulletStyle=4
StartUpTime=0
Bink=45
MovementAcc=3

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 03:11:12 pm »
Bink wouldnt do anything to weaken m79. M79's bink last version was 10 or 15 or something, there was a 400% increase, I didnt notice any difference. Unless bink will actually affect m79, its pointless to continue increasing it further expecting it will get weakened.

Why increase speed? The primary reason people whine right now is that they cant retaliate when hit by m79, you want more whiners?

The best way to change m79 is a higher reload so people with good accuracy on thier FIRST shot will be rewarded a bit more. Right now m79 basically has 2 shots against most players, since alot of times with some dodging they can stay alive for 3 seconds.

Delay is not a good solution, have any of you been paying attention to the clan community recently. You would notice that Barret has become the primary alternate route weapon, im trying to think of some m79 users, but I cant think of any. You either have barret campers going alternate now, or sprayers, m79 is pretyty much obsolete. m79 has started to become a very map-based weapon, its pretty much only being used on maps like Nuubia or ash now(from people other than those like me  ::)). I think this proves that m79 is underpowered in clanwar situations. I would still suggest a +40 reload to balance it out with the other autos and other weapons that will get weakened.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 07:18:16 pm »
Actually, I'm thinking of a faster reload, but a slower bullet.

I guess it all depends on how the M79 should be used. Defense? Fat Rushing? Even though one phrase couldn't summarize how different M79 users use the M79, we kind of need a general ... overview?

MY Suggestions:

Less Speed, Faster Reload

Longer Reload

More Speed, Longer reload -or- Startup?

The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Yukwunhang

• Major
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 12:39:56 am »
A longer reload. A longer reload that actually can get you killed before your second shot.

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 03:02:29 am »
All i think it needs is a longer reload, then it probebly would be fine.
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline y0da

• Soldier
  • :: Chaos Hunters ::
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 03:13:28 am »
This makes no sense - 99% of Soldat players play on default weapon settings. And the new version won't come so quickly. So what's the point, I'm confused. ;s

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 03:29:25 am »
M79 is fine, auto people just need to use bink to their advantage, make the m79er miss and hit him hard when he is reloading. Soldat is ment for some the balance is to be some weapons have advantages over other, and disadvantages with other.
@ii

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 07:48:12 am »
eh its ok

5th_account

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 09:21:49 am »
M79 is fine, auto people just need to use bink to their advantage, make the m79er miss and hit him hard when he is reloading. Soldat is ment for some the balance is to be some weapons have advantages over other, and disadvantages with other.

For the love of Michal could you stop saying that. If it was fine people wouldn't complain as much. Anyhoo, spray is morally banned by the veteran part of the community and is being nerfed in the next version. Of course something will have to be altered on the M79. First of all increased damage to prevent the survival of kamikazes along with with either longer reload, increased bink, slower speed or a combination of those.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 10:43:33 am »

For the love of Michal could you stop saying that. If it was fine people wouldn't complain as much.

Please, people will complain and look at any excuse other than themselves for dying at the hands of a given weapon. The one-hit kills are an easy scapegoat as always. I have no problem backflipping a fired M79 shot and then killing it with AK or Ruger. Are we going to nerf knives next, since they more or less have the same killing properties and range of the M79, plus no firing penalty, no self damage, and a quick "reload?" Grenades? If you allow yourself to get close to an enemy, you're asking for death by potentially giving him the advantage and not allowing yourself to work within your own weapons' strengths.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 11:19:58 am »
This makes no sense - 99% of Soldat players play on default weapon settings. And the new version won't come so quickly. So what's the point, I'm confused. ;s
To give Michal an idea of what we want and give him some ideas.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline biscuit

• Major(1)
  • ja tu tylko sprzatam (spawnkillerow)
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 11:28:10 am »
i play much time soldat and i notice that barret get start up time and only m79 is powerfull weapon now.... its overpowered! i gonna thx if u change it into mouse lanucher :) no for serius make range bit smaller and reload time bigger
Need all cs/de maps :P

krasnal

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 02:01:24 pm »
yeah, michaś plz destroy next weapon -_-

Offline Shmack.

• Major(1)
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 04:25:21 am »
This post isn't really going to help, but I shall say it anyway:.:

I for one, hate the M79. It's known as a noob weapon, because noobs use it. Why? Because they get easy kills with it. The reason they get these kills is because of the 1-2 hit kill ratio (?). To fix this I would only suggest, making the m79 a bit slower in the air.

If it had a powerful push and it went further and less powerful, I think it would fix this.

Edited. Some people are too sensitive.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 11:05:12 am »
Oh come now, there's always going to be a noob weapon.

But I agree with slower speed, makes it easy to dodge, but the reload isn't half bad
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker