Author Topic: Just discovered Soldat...  (Read 6121 times)

Offline 00k

• Major(1)
Just discovered Soldat...
« on: April 04, 2008, 01:41:29 pm »
Just discovered Soldat and am downloading now. From the screenshots, it looks cool. I'll post back later when I've played it some... :)

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
Re: Just discovered Soldat...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 01:52:52 pm »
Have fun!

El_Spec

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 01:54:13 pm »
You won't be disappointed.

Offline Slashnoob

• Major
  • only users lose drugs
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 01:57:15 pm »
stay away from the minigun
Former SuperKill

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 01:58:18 pm »

Bulls*it ;D.

You can check the moding section if you don't like the standard weapons look ;).

Offline Mitak

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 02:50:09 pm »
You'll regret this moment.
Then you'll regret that you regretted.
And before you realize, you'll be a Soldat addict.

Should've been here to yell "Don't download it!"
It's like getting married...
You'll see.

Offline Mercury92

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 03:31:45 pm »
And don't start with m79 ;)
[saw]  on 1.5.1

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 03:43:22 pm »
hey hey, what are u saying about the m79? :P you should stay away from the sprayer hk :D

Offline Ralphy

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 05:14:38 pm »

M79 is the most legit wep out there. So Shush :)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 05:17:11 pm »
pssst!
don't use chainsaw, and yeah, this game is going to make you hypered for a looooong time
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 05:29:55 pm »
If you get owned at first, dont worry. Have patience, develop skill, and you should be able to match the skill of the average public servers in no time.

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 05:38:41 pm »
If you get owned at first, dont worry. Have patience, develop skill, and you should be able to match the skill of the average public servers in no time.
very true. just train for like 1~2 weeks and you'll be in a good shape
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Xaero

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 05:40:53 pm »
very true. just train for like 1~2 weeks and you'll be in a good shape
No-lifer style?

Take enough time, don't rush it.
Playing for 3years now, my skill is only in top shape if i play regulary ;)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 05:42:17 pm »
not really. you just play regularly 1 hour every day, and you'll really get used to it.
and if you complain 1 hour is a no-lifer style, then something is wrong with me or you

Offline Xaero

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 05:45:04 pm »
not really. you just play regularly 1 hour every day, and you'll really get used to it.
and if you complain 1 hour is a no-lifer style, then something is wrong with me or you
No 1-2hours a day isn't too much. But you won't be in good shape that way if you do that for 1-2 weeks. Or you're easily satisfied with yourself.

Offline Mitak

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 05:47:30 pm »
He can play for more than 2 years (like me) and still get killed the most from all the players in the server (like me) but yet be first in kills (like me).

If he has the "feeling" and "talent" for this game, he should keep improving.

If he doesn't, he has it for another game.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 05:53:07 pm »
meh, i am good, but not that really good. i'm trying to improve more in knifing and barreting, since i mastered AK

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
  • :D
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 07:36:20 pm »
3 Wurds

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
All teh Piezors Shall beh Minezors!

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 08:15:16 pm »
Use what ever weapon you like, have fun and don't worry abotu other retards in your way ;).
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline cunchy

• Soldier
  • D:!
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 08:47:35 pm »
meh, i am good, but not that really good. i'm trying to improve more in knifing and barreting, since i mastered AK

[/offtpic] Mastered? Or justfairly good with it?

[/ontopic] Yeah, get to know the game first and play in public servers. Dont forget to read the manual too =I

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 09:08:35 pm »
i MASTAHed the ak, serioudly, i know the range, arc and all those sorts of craps

/ontopic] you should figure out which weapon is your favorite first. i recommend using ak, aug, or... spas?

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 09:24:05 pm »
(offtopic: knowing how a gun works isn't "mastering" it if you cant use it)

(ontopic)

Just ignore what other people say, you will run into a lot of people saying "YOU NOOB!111" and other insults based on what gun you use (look at some posts in here on how people think of the guns =/) or just because you killed them. Just play for fun.
And as the lyrics go in the United State's national anthem: "America, f**k YEAH!".

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 09:26:34 pm »
off: meh fine, i know it really well as if it's my penus

ontopic: that "YOU NOOB!111" it's pretty rare to see those now for some reason... or is it just me?

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 09:31:53 pm »
Depends where you play if there are people like that, graveyard inf has had a flood of people who do that =/ Also find a server you like, play there and get some friends that play there, it will make the game a lot more fun.
And as the lyrics go in the United State's national anthem: "America, f**k YEAH!".

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2008, 09:36:00 pm »
Ignore the forums completely until you get to where you love the game enough that you won't get scared off by the blinding stupidity :D

\m/
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Lone-Wolf

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 10:07:16 pm »
(Shut up guys, you're scaring fresh meat away......... >:()

HIE THARRRRRRRRRR. HOW ARE YOU ? GOOD.
LETS HAVE LUNCH TOGETHER SOMETIME I'M GETTING HUNGRY.  [retard]

Also, might wanna check out this thread for new players, it helps.

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=454.0

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 12:07:07 am »
Hey welcome to the Soldat Forums... and Soldat itself!

A wonderful 2D game where you play as a Soldier, holding various weapons and running around to complete objectives, as well as kill other Soldiers (whether bots or human players).

^ That link helps alot. Or you can check out Soldat Wiki.

Try around the different default moves, then advance to the better moves and skills like backflips and rolls.

As for the weapons:
Play offline with the bots for a start (try fighting boogie man first for a simple feel of the game). Try ALL the weapons.

I'm too lazy to type a wall of text describing the weapons, but I strongly recommend for STARTERS:

1. AK-74
2. M79
3. HK MP5

If you want to focus on a single weapon right from the start, these weapons would be good since they require much practise:

1. Desert Eagles
2. Steyr Aug
3. Ruger-77

For your secondary weapon, there is the USSOCOM, Combat Knife, Chainsaw and M72 LAW.

The USSOCOM is a decent pistol weapon, which I would recommend for starters for a backup weapon (Q to switch weapon).

The Combat Knife isn't for stabbing. It's for throwing at your foes. Hold down the throw button to throw further and to be able to kill (if you just tap the throw button, the knife can't kill instantly). This weapon requires quite some skill and time to master.

The Chainsaw is quite a unique weapon. It is the true close-quarters combat weapon of Soldat. Just draw this out and start sawing your foes, but beware the chainsaw needs to "reload" before it works again. This weapon requires ALOT of skill, so its not recommended for starters.

The M72 LAW is a anti-tank rocket launcher. You have to be on the ground, CROUCHED or PRONED before firing. To fire, hold down the shoot button. It has a very long reload, but this is a good weapon to practise and learn. It is especially useful for supportive purposes or for a nice artillery shot if you're extremely good at it.

Notes:
The minigun is a gun for fun or for helping yourself stay in mid-air. It is not meant for serious gameplay. Yes, it looks very powerful or whatever, but it isn't a weapon supposed to be used in a really serious game, that's why some servers ban this weapon. So I recommend you just play around with this weapon for fun to understand the minigun, and then move on to play other weapons and leave the minigun alone. Unless you want to dedicate yourself to become a "Minigun Master". XD
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 12:10:38 am by STM1993 »

Offline NotBingBong

• Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2008, 02:06:34 am »
No weapons are noob weapons, every weapon is balanced, all weapons should be used, and if you call someone a noob for killing you with m79... Well then, you were just killed by a noob kthxbai!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2008, 02:16:42 am »
^ I'm not calling any weapon noob, just saying that the minigun isn't very effective in real games (though it can be surprising to see it really do well). Also, I'm just giving some recommendations for which weapons are best for newer players.

Offline NotBingBong

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2008, 04:36:56 am »
No offense but the world doesen't revolve around you, i was talking to everyone that sais which weapons to use... Some people find different weapons more easier, because they have their own reaction times and other things that i cbf explaining about. You by saying that the mini gun is shit is merely because you probably cannot aim correctly with it, and it does have an extremely big spread...

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2008, 05:01:50 am »
Well all I gotta say is I'm glad you found the game.  Hopefully you will learn HEAPS from our community aswell ;) 

Enjoy! :D

Player since late 2007

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2008, 05:08:02 am »
Notes:
The minigun is a gun for fun or for helping yourself stay in mid-air. It is not meant for serious gameplay. Yes, it looks very powerful or whatever, but it isn't a weapon supposed to be used in a really serious game, that's why some servers ban this weapon. So I recommend you just play around with this weapon for fun to understand the minigun, and then move on to play other weapons and leave the minigun alone. Unless you want to dedicate yourself to become a "Minigun Master". XD

Minigun is awesome,I'm kinda disappointed it's not on any servers, it needs better reg and it will be unstoppable.
Lol, internets.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2008, 05:08:35 am »
Wellcome to the game and forums :D

I invite you to see the modding section and to play Trenchwar

Ah you should know after all that the people sho uses m79 (in the major part of the servers) people call them n00bs and so

Offline Aquarius

• Soldier
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2008, 05:14:30 am »
Learn using M79 and pwn the whiners who call M79 users "noobs". I love piss them off with some angle shots from behind a wall.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2008, 06:54:03 am »
No offense but the world doesen't revolve around you, i was talking to everyone that sais which weapons to use... Some people find different weapons more easier, because they have their own reaction times and other things that i cbf explaining about. You by saying that the mini gun is bollocks is merely because you probably cannot aim correctly with it, and it does have an extremely big spread...

No offense taken.

Ok, I get it. But you made one wrong assumption though: I do use the minigun myself and I think I can aim it quite well. Big spread? Oh, not really to me. Anyway, point taken.

Minigun is awesome,I'm kinda disappointed it's not on any servers, it needs better reg and it will be unstoppable.

Mmm, ya I still wonder why some servers disable the minigun. I mean sometimes I'd also use it once in a while and can surprisingly get some good kills. The minigun shouldn't lag at all with all our newer computers.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 06:57:58 am by STM1993 »

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2008, 11:01:50 am »
Hey welcome to the Soldat Forums... and Soldat itself!

A wonderful 2D game where you play as a Soldier, holding various weapons and running around to complete objectives, as well as kill other Soldiers (whether bots or human players).

^ That link helps alot. Or you can check out Soldat Wiki.

Try around the different default moves, then advance to the better moves and skills like backflips and rolls.

As for the weapons:
Play offline with the bots for a start (try fighting boogie man first for a simple feel of the game). Try ALL the weapons.

I'm too lazy to type a wall of text describing the weapons, but I strongly recommend for STARTERS:

1. AK-74
2. M79
3. HK MP5

If you want to focus on a single weapon right from the start, these weapons would be good since they require much practise:

1. Desert Eagles
2. Steyr Aug
3. Ruger-77

For your secondary weapon, there is the USSOCOM, Combat Knife, Chainsaw and M72 LAW.

The USSOCOM is a decent pistol weapon, which I would recommend for starters for a backup weapon (Q to switch weapon).

The Combat Knife isn't for stabbing. It's for throwing at your foes. Hold down the throw button to throw further and to be able to kill (if you just tap the throw button, the knife can't kill instantly). This weapon requires quite some skill and time to master.

The Chainsaw is quite a unique weapon. It is the true close-quarters combat weapon of Soldat. Just draw this out and start sawing your foes, but beware the chainsaw needs to "reload" before it works again. This weapon requires ALOT of skill, so its not recommended for starters.

The M72 LAW is a anti-tank rocket launcher. You have to be on the ground, CROUCHED or PRONED before firing. To fire, hold down the shoot button. It has a very long reload, but this is a good weapon to practise and learn. It is especially useful for supportive purposes or for a nice artillery shot if you're extremely good at it.

Notes:
make a soldat manual paper out of this guys, STM really did a good job this time

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2008, 01:15:11 pm »
No offense but the world doesen't revolve around you, i was talking to everyone that sais which weapons to use... Some people find different weapons more easier, because they have their own reaction times and other things that i cbf explaining about. You by saying that the mini gun is bollocks is merely because you probably cannot aim correctly with it, and it does have an extremely big spread...

The sad truth is that the minigun really is pretty useless as it is now. For killing anyway.
If your goal is to annoy the shit out of people by lagging up the server and spraying randomly anywhere, you have the right gun though.
The biggest reason it's useless is it's crappy hit registration. On your screen you might put 70 bullets into the guy, and still he can walk away without have taken serious damage.

This will ofcorse change in the next version. Or so I hear.

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline Hershey

• Camper
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2008, 01:22:59 pm »

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2008, 01:23:36 pm »
The sad truth is that the minigun really is pretty useless as it is now. For killing anyway.
If your goal is to annoy the bollocks out of people by lagging up the server and spraying randomly anywhere, you have the right gun though.
The biggest reason it's useless is it's crappy hit registration. On your screen you might put 70 bullets into the guy, and still he can walk away without have taken serious damage.

This will ofcorse change in the next version. Or so I hear.

True.

Ya, it is announced that the minigun's definitely gonna have some improvements one way or another, but definitely true for the bullet reg.

Offline NotBingBong

• Major(1)
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2008, 08:53:25 pm »
yes, the minugun is a lot stronger in 1.5 as is the flame thrower

the flame thrower kills in a matter of seconds if aimed directly at the target.

Example

Enemy ------------------> 8Flame8> You = instant pwnage!

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2008, 09:36:52 pm »

1. Desert Eagles
2. Steyr Aug
3. Ruger-77

The aug is probably the easiest gun to use.... Other then that good job.

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2008, 08:08:34 am »
You'll regret this moment.
Then you'll regret that you regretted.
And before you realize, you'll be a Soldat addict.

Should've been here to yell "Don't download it!"
It's like getting married...
You'll see.

this is so like same with me >.<
anyway back to subject !
play nice and have fun and dont TK!!!
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2008, 01:14:58 pm »
use any weapon you want!
just bear in mind that some weapons take more time to master than others!
for example barret, m79, minigun ( without being called a noob or sprayer) and the ruger!
Learning to throws knnives properly also takes time!

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2008, 05:24:59 pm »
Welcome to the game. You made a good find ;)

and...

Also, you may not see many people using the Minimi, or Deagles for that matter. As you're only alloyed to use them once you have became a signed-up member of the Holy Church of Machineguns, Akimbo Pistols and Other Awesome Weapons. :P ;)

Though the Minigun has been ex-communicated and kicked-out of the Church many years ago, due to it sucking and having 'mini-surfing' as its only useful tait.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 05:31:51 pm by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline NotBingBong

• Major(1)
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2008, 07:06:57 am »
All weapons rock that church is bollocks!

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2008, 12:03:14 pm »
Needs more coherency.

I have to say that the Barrett is a pretty damn hard weapon to pick up from the start. The Ruger I'd say is even harder, since you really have to learn to fire the thing while moving to survive against an auto-user, which is all the harder in trenchwar and most realistic modes. Generally, autos should be the learning weapon. I'd suggest the AK; myself, I picked it up faster than the others, and it's a good all-around gun.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2008, 12:11:46 pm »

Yeah, stay away from it for now, until it's fixed. It's very weak and unrealistic right now, making it a pointless weapon. It should be usable again in version 1.5.0... hopefully.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline NotBingBong

• Major(1)
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2008, 07:01:21 am »
strongest weapon in 1.5 atm is flamethrower then the m79

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2008, 06:33:17 am »
Now you'll never leave! Muahahahaha!

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2008, 07:08:17 pm »
strongest weapon in 1.5 atm is flamethrower then the m79
WTF flamethrower is JUST a little better than minigun, nothing much difference
also as STM said, i recommend easy using rugger/aug/ or for me, Ak.