Author Topic: SCTFL 11 Winner :D  (Read 4325 times)

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
SCTFL 11 Winner :D
« on: February 08, 2008, 06:01:20 pm »
http://www.sctfl.net/forums/index.php?topic=2879.0

And Sctfl 11 winner is... Invictus! xDDD
Gj In (lol GJ Ouchy xD)

..a bit lucky on d2...
And ownd voland (omg Ouchek+voland=own :D).

Oh, and I wanna just ask : what the #$@% Zuppi did during 10 last seconds on d2? :F
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 06:19:08 pm by Ziem »

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
Re: SCTFL 11 Winner :D
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 06:17:59 pm »
Good job Invictus, seems like no one has managed to keep the cup twice in a row yet, not even the almighty EF (:

Covered on COMSOL.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 07:49:34 pm »
Nice coverage there Demonic...
Nice to see |2Wai| in there, but at 26? C'mon Outcast, I know your better than that. Good  tries though. I also noticed clans I tried out for in the lower spots, which suprised me as I didn't even know they were trying for the Cup. Once again demonic, nice coverage...
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 04:43:17 am »
Shit happens, 2Wai has potential but lacks activity and reliability. Otherwise In win was expected, ciesta ftw.
o/

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 05:32:15 am »
Wow good job IN. Suprised that EF didn't get this one.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 09:16:01 pm »
Always interresting to see which of the powerhouse clans are doing well ;)

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline Lone-Wolf

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 02:26:00 am »
So I watched all 4 clips of the demo for the SCTFL11 final match, because I wanted to learn from the best of the best.  ;)

(I was cursing and rooting to myself as if I’m watching a basketball game, it was awesome.  ;D)

This thread decribes how In ~ claimed victory to the SCTFL11.

I don’t mean to insult anyone, as I sincerely believe that failure is the first step to success. Do not shy away, learn from your mistakes, and victory will be closer. :D

This was how the Final match of SCTFL11 went.

Home - Invictus
* Ciesta (ctf_Dropdown2, ctf_Ash, ctf_Death2, ctf_Voland)
* Mandlc (ctf_Dropdown2, ctf_Ash, ctf_Death2)
* Poop (ctf_Dropdown2, ctf_Ash, ctf_Death2)
* Ouchek (ctf_Voland)
* Paieeh (ctf_Voland)

Away - Expeditionary Force
* Magorko (ctf_Dropdown2, ctf_Ash, ctf_Voland)
* NitRo (ctf_Dropdown2, ctf_Death2)
* Zuppilo (ctf_Dropdown2, ctf_Ash, ctf_Death2, ctf_Voland)
* TArquilo (ctf_Ash, ctf_Death2, ctf_Voland)

Round 1 - ctf_Dropdown2 (In ~ server)
{EF} 2 - 1 In ~

{EF} lead in the scores at the beginning, led by Zuppi, with a lot of help from Nitro, and things were going well.  8)

Round 2 - ctf_Ash ({EF} server)
In ~ 4 - 3 {EF}

In ~ played 2-man defense+attack on top and mid, while an attacker went low.

First thing in the game, Poop fecking killed 3 people with the M79 and capped, and was harassing the enemy constantly with grenades + M79 explosions ! The rest focused on 2-man auto defense+attack at home base and had Medpacks to help them ward off attacks from 3 attackers. Occasionally Poop would retreat to help defend.  :o

Poop would even stylishly use the M79 to boost the feck out of the enemy base with the flag. If only he had a better name, I would've kissed him....at the feet. :'(

{EF} focused on attacks and attacks and attacks.

Zuppi was considerably better than Tarquilo and Magorko. Seriously, he was being fecked by 2 of his incompetent teammates most of the times. I mean, Magorko doesn't even move forward sometimes as he shoots his auto, doesn't he know that higher speed deals more damage ?  :-\

Magorko was screwed by Poop's M79 and grenades too many times, and he even missed a cap as he got sprayed to death mid-game. AT THE LAST 15 SECONDS HE GOT THE FLAG, BUT GOT SHOT YET AGAIN. He just didn't run fast enough, should've fecking back-flip-forward-dive as he ran low, to cap that sh|t. Bunnyhopping all the time is for noobs.  :P

Zuppi fought valiantly, but at the last 10 seconds he fumbled to cap the RED FLAG DROPPED BY Magorko TO TIE THE GAME, HE LITERALLY MISSED THE FLAG IN FRONT OF HIM. He could've easily took the flag, did a back-roll + jet and easily capped to tie the game !!  :-[

(SO NOW THE PSYCHOLOGICAL STRESS STARTS COMING IN TO {EF}, WITH THEIR LEAD GONE 5 : 5 TIE)

Round 3 - ctf_Death2 (In ~ server)
In ~ 4 - 3 {EF}

The whole match was fairly even, but TArqu!lo kept rushing the low route, where Ciesta was playing good defence with grenades. God knows how many times he got owned while rushing low. If you take the low route in ctf_death2, you're asking to get shot in the face or blown to bits from freshly spawned enemies...... big mistake.  :-X

If you read the Art of War from Sun Tzu, ALWAYS FIGHT AT A HIGHER POSITION, ITS GIVES EASIER HEADSHOTS. TArqu!lo should've rushed upwards, or played defence.  ::)

And then in the final 30 seconds of the match, the score was 3:3 !! But suddenly Zuppi throws away the flag at the last 20 seconds, and it was returned as {EF} got DOUBLE-KILLED !!! In ~ then capped the flag !!  [retard]

(NOW In ~ leads with 9:8 - THE PSYCHOLOGICAL STRESS STARTS TOLLING IN TOWARDS {EF})

Round 4 - ctf_Voland ({EF} server)
In ~ 7 - 3 {EF}

In ~ used a 2-man charge on the low route, while Paieeh with the M79 and Knife took the upper route.

Within the first few seconds of the game, Ouchek killed 3, while Ciesta and Paieeh each got 1 kill. It was totally demoralizing for {EF}.  :(

But then {EF} fought back hard, and with one miracle cap from TArqu!lo, they started to reverse the flow of victory !! Zuppi then even capped TWO EXTRA FLAGS. THE SCORE WAS NOW 3 : 1 !!! {EF} COULD WIN !! {EF} COULD WIN !! THEY HAD ONE EXTRA LEAD !!! JUST GET A 2 MAN DEFENSE WITH ONE ATTACKER ON THE UPPER ROUTE, AND THEY COULD'VE WON !!??   >:(

But the coordinated attacks of In ~ was too much to handle. Paieeh with his constant M79 rushing on the upper route and knife throws was hard to defend against. :'(

And Magorko just practically failed them again, with extremely low K:D ratios during the match before he caught up, I have no idea why he was fighting instead of Nitro. Nitro should've been in the lineup, and perhaps {EF} could've won the SCTFL 11.  :'(

Ultimately In ~ defeated {EF} and won the SCTFL 11 with great teamwork and Strategy. STRATEGY. Great Auto skills in defending and attacking, M79 was totally used for quick capping work, and knowing how to cooperate. Clans out there, you might wanna watch the demos and learn how it's done. 8)

Links for screenshots:

http://www.sctfl.net/forums/index.php?topic=2879.0
Demos:
http://rapidshare.com/files/90259417/ef_vs_invictus.rar.html

4 questions, oh great ones, I bow down to youuuu....  ???

1. Is there a way to fast-forward demos ?
2. Is it possible to view the whole soldat map, where we can see each individual player on one big screen ? (With projectors ?)
3. Also, is it possible to record the battles as they progress, so that viewers can watch them LIVE ? THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME, AND WOULD TOTALLY BRING IN NEW PLAYERS, STRENGTHEN THE NA SOLDAT COMMUNITY AS WE LEARN FROM THE BEST !! THEN WE CAN ALL CURSE AND GAMBLE WHICH CLAN WOULD WIN.  ;D
4. Finally, was that the strongest {EF} player lineup ? How about In ~ ?

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 02:57:05 am by Lone-Wolf »

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 11:09:41 am »
Seriously, he was being fecked by 2 of his incompetent teammates most of the times. I mean, Magorko doesn't even move forward sometimes as he shoots his auto, doesn't he know that higher speed deals more damage ?  :-\
Yes, of course you're better ;s

(SO NOW THE PSYCHOLOGICAL STRESS STARTS COMING IN TO {EF}, WITH THEIR LEAD GONE 5 : 5 TIE)
lolwut?!
Caps amount doesn't matter, it's about how many maps were won/lost.

The whole match was fairly even, but TArqu!lo kept rushing the low route, where Ciesta was playing good defence with grenades. God knows how many times he got owned while rushing low. If you take the low route in ctf_death2, you're asking to get shot in the face or blown to bits from freshly spawned enemies...... big mistake.  :-X

If you read the Art of War from Sun Tzu, ALWAYS FIGHT AT A HIGHER POSITION, ITS GIVES EASIER HEADSHOTS. TArqu!lo should've rushed upwards, or played defence.  ::)
... have you played any serious cw? Or any cw at all? -_-'
CTF isn't about fecking k:d ratio.

2. Is it possible to view the whole soldat map, where we can see each individual player on one big screen ? (With projectors ?)
3. Also, is it possible to record the battles as they progress, so that viewers can watch them LIVE ? THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME, AND WOULD TOTALLY BRING IN NEW PLAYERS, STRENGTHEN THE NA SOLDAT COMMUNITY AS WE LEARN FROM THE BEST !! THEN WE CAN ALL CURSE AND GAMBLE WHICH CLAN WOULD WIN.  ;D
1. Press F8 while playing demo ;d.
4. Zuppilo, Zuppilo and Zuppilo... and Sneaky.
Oh, and Nitro should've played more.
FIGHTA SHOULD'VE PLAYED !!1!!11

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 12:40:10 pm »
Not a bad summary Lone-Wolf, though don't forget: against a tougher opponent it becomes equally tougher to be good. Magorko is a very strong player and has proved with team slovakia in the soldat euro cup, though I agree that Nitro is a better player.

EF has lots of strong lineups, wonder why they used the slavs so much in the final. In used all of their players, picking differently for different maps: Pai is great on Voland, and so is Poop on Ash. A deserved win, with basically most of the SCTFL admin staff battling in the finals (:

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 01:28:21 pm »
Like mentioned, F8.

Nope, not unfortunately. If you open the demo with command line using Soldat.exe -demo demoname 1 command, you can switch players and press "w" to have free view though.

3. Also, is it possible to record the battles as they progress, so that viewers can watch them LIVE ? THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME, AND WOULD TOTALLY BRING IN NEW PLAYERS, STRENGTHEN THE NA SOLDAT COMMUNITY AS WE LEARN FROM THE BEST !! THEN WE CAN ALL CURSE AND GAMBLE WHICH CLAN WOULD WIN.
Well, there have been times when finals have been broadcasted live on an internet television (some polish one, don't remember the name) but that hasn't been done many times. We didn't do it in previous Soldat World Cup where Czech beat Finland but I'm pretty sure the match between Poland and Slovakia was broadcasted live the year before. Some SCTFL final was broadcasted live too, if I recall right. Sometimes there has been radio commentary too, but there aren't really any real plans for this, and it just happens sometimes.

Most of the top clans have so many good players that it's difficult to say which is their top lineup. It can depend on map, for one. I'd say EF's strongest players are Zuppi, Sneaky, Nitro and Xyrus and In's are ouchy, Ciesta, Mandlc and Horn. Poop is no longer in Invictus.

Glad to see some discussion about SCTFL and competitive Soldat clan wars here on SF! SCTFL12 is going to start pretty soon so if you just have a clan, I suggest signing up and you can play with dozens of others active Soldat clans!

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline Lone-Wolf

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 03:56:16 pm »
Seriously, he was being fecked by 2 of his incompetent teammates most of the times. I mean, Magorko doesn't even move forward sometimes as he shoots his auto, doesn't he know that higher speed deals more damage ?  :-\
Yes, of course you're better ;s

Don't all good auto-users utillize the speed factor ?  ???

lolwut?!
Caps amount doesn't matter, it's about how many maps were won/lost.

Each time the enemy caps, it means you have to cap 2 to win. You have to catch up. I think it definitely would stress some players, especially in finals like this. Caps directly affects victory in maps ?  ???

... have you played any serious cw? Or any cw at all? -_-'
CTF isn't about fecking k:d ratio.

A good kill ratio helps out your teammates a lot in matches ?  ???

I used to help out ((KVN)), the leader of |AN|, along with the co-leader Aost. ((KVN)) was a former {G.O.D}, but he went and created his own clan. Aost is currently in {EF}.

In my short time of clanning together, I taught him that it is more important to help the team win then to attempt to get a good high score, play attack+defend+attack, when to effectively kill the enemy to time the respawn times so that it helps your teammate get flag, etc etc, and he adopted it as his fighting style, which proved victorious in certain matches.

http://wiki.soldat.nl/((KvN))
http://wiki.soldat.nl/KvN
http://wiki.soldat.nl/Aost

I left the clan, feeling defeated, as one day I was repeatedly gangraped by multiple Autos in my ass. No one came to help me... they ran away as I was violated.
Since then everything was different. The gaping dark hole felt bigger... I felt.. empty. Since then I have been training in my little cave, swearing revenge one day. I was Despaired. Despaireddddd.  :-[  :'(  :-[  :'(

Since then I considered myself unworthy to the title of LoneWolf.. I became.. Despa|r. One day... I will reach 100% accuracy with no bink or delay and regain my LoneWolf title.  :'(

1. Press F8 while playing demo ;d.
4. Zuppilo, Zuppilo and Zuppilo... and Sneaky.
Oh, and Nitro should've played more.
FIGHTA SHOULD'VE PLAYED !!1!!11

AH, PRESS F8... THANKS !  :D
Fighta, Sneaky.... never heard of him.  :-[

Not a bad summary Lone-Wolf, though don't forget: against a tougher opponent it becomes equally tougher to be good. Magorko is a very strong player and has proved with team slovakia in the soldat euro cup, though I agree that Nitro is a better player.

Oh wow, didn't know there was a Soldat Euro Cup. Yea.... Magorko is good, but he made some mistakes under intense pressure. :(

Well, there have been times when finals have been broadcasted live on an internet television (some polish one, don't remember the name) but that hasn't been done many times. We didn't do it in previous Soldat World Cup where Czech beat Finland but I'm pretty sure the match between Poland and Slovakia was broadcasted live the year before. Some SCTFL final was broadcasted live too, if I recall right. Sometimes there has been radio commentary too, but there aren't really any real plans for this, and it just happens sometimes.

Very cool.  ;D

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 03:59:44 pm by Lone-Wolf »

Offline Lone-Wolf

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 04:10:21 pm »
Aost did participate in SCTFL11 though, if you look at the standings.
The website roster still displays Aost... so... why would you say that ? 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 04:15:15 pm by Lone-Wolf »

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 06:07:09 pm »
Because he isn't in EF anymore! Also, as DragonSlayer pointed out, make sure you have sex with your turkeys before singing up for SCTFL12, which should start in a couple of weeks.

Offline Lone-Wolf

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 10:29:49 pm »
SCTFL12............the winner earns the ultimate bragging rights, glory and adoration in the eyes of all Soldat warriors...... maybe even some female soldat fans too, hell yeah. ;D

Maybe the clan winners of the next SCTFL can be advertised on the Soldat startup banner advertisement hosted by Monsoonix...... that would be a great prize and motivation for people to compete.  :)

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 09:25:35 am »
SCTFL12............the winner earns the ultimate bragging rights, glory and adoration in the eyes of all Soldat warriors...... maybe even some female soldat fans too, hell yeah. ;D

Maybe the clan winners of the next SCTFL can be advertised on the Soldat startup banner advertisement hosted by Monsoonix...... that would be a great prize and motivation for people to compete.  :)

;D
o/

Offline Jonny-Central

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 10:11:45 am »
I figured as much, -_-

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 05:51:59 am »
Yeah. That's why I play anyway. The Soldat women.