Author Topic: WTH do you get out of this?  (Read 949 times)

Offline Yes

• Soldier
  • Yes.
WTH do you get out of this?
« on: April 05, 2008, 08:21:45 pm »
If you really wanna spam why not just create your own account. Their blocked I checked, I just wanted to see if they would actually work. So I was just wondering shouldn't this website be in trouble and why would you create such a thing?
http://www.bugmenot.com/view/forums.soldat.pl
One Love
Yes

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: WTH do you get out of this?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 09:27:38 pm »
thats what IP bans are for, but then there are proxies which are a pain in the ass.

If someone had enough time to continually get banned from multiple accounts using multiple proxies, sure they could annoy an admin for like 5 minutes, but honestly who is going to win there?
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 10:23:49 pm »
The purpose of that site is not for spamming; it's intended for forums that require registration to view forums, so people can view the forums without creating an account.

It's in a grey area; usually shared accounts like that get deleted.

But remember: those accounts are not automatically created; a real person creates them, then shares the account details.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 10:25:31 pm by chrisgbk »

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 11:15:44 am »
I known about that site for some time, and I really cant see anything bad with it.
I hate registering to sites when there is only 1 thing that I'm after there, so then I can go there to use a premade account.

Looking down from ethereal skies