Author Topic: Weapon kickback in weapons.ini?  (Read 5560 times)

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
Weapon kickback in weapons.ini?
« on: April 10, 2008, 11:03:16 am »
Yeah It'll be lovely (at least for me).

I would love to have the possiblity to add and remove kickback of any weapon (not just shotgun bullettype by increasing speed)

You know, a knockback=*
value...

Remove this thread if it was already here.
Fix and disable this "C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE" It's a harmful trojan.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
Re: Weapon kickback in weapons.ini?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 11:27:17 am »
f12. Long have we been deprived of a way to make automatic shotguns without turning them into jetpacks.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 12:12:17 pm »
Yeah, F12.
It was suggested before (~3 times? Or even more...) and I don't know why it isn't added *yet*.

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 12:14:00 pm »
Yeah, F12.
It was suggested before (~3 times? Or even more...) and I don't know why it isn't added *yet*.

It was? Cr*p I hate being inactive [retard]

Offline Scorpian

• Camper
  • Republican
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 06:46:09 pm »
Am I reading this wrong?

Quote from: weapons.ini
[USSOCOM]
Damage=171
FireInterval=12
Ammo=12
ReloadTime=65
Speed=180
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1
Recoil=0

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 07:20:30 pm »
Recoil != Kickback. >.>

If you didn't know that, you could have inferred that from the posts above. Either you didn't read and jumped to conclusions or your comprehension skills are quite inferior.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Scorpian

• Camper
  • Republican
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 07:45:04 pm »
Recoil != Kickback. >.>

If you didn't know that, you could have inferred that from the posts above. Either you didn't read and jumped to conclusions or your comprehension skills are quite inferior.

If you're referring to me, it's already in the weapons.ini file.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 11:11:34 pm »
?
Where?
Rofl. Read the first post... and try to understand it...

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 11:17:16 pm »
Recoil != Kickback. >.>

Kickback is different to recoil fool.
Google it.
Lol, internets.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 01:35:15 am »
Why add a whole new weapon element? Just so you and you friends can mess around with an auto shotgun for 15 minutes, and then go to play default CTF? Doesn't seem like a great use of the developer's time, does it?
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 01:43:47 am »
Why add a whole new weapon element? Just so you and you friends can mess around with an auto shotgun for 15 minutes, and then go to play default CTF? Doesn't seem like a great use of the developer's time, does it?
And a better use of there time would be?
Not only is this a popular idea, but you sir are an idiot.
have you never played on a modded server, the weapons aren't DEFAULT. Not to mention this idea gives modders a new toy to play with. Next time try to cover up your stupidity with something other than a question. Tool.
Lol, internets.

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 08:41:26 am »
@UP

[retard]

@Topic
I would soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo want it, I love modding everything D:

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 08:47:38 am »
Well see how many people want it, it doesn't seem like a waste of time now does it?
Lol, internets.

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 09:35:37 am »
hell no for modders :>

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 10:03:53 am »

'Capture that flag? That's the most retarded idea I've ever heard. This is a shooting game ffs. "Oh, look at me, I'm shooting people while running around with a flag!" You'll get bored of this in 15 minutes and go back to playing Deathmatch. Doesn't seem like a great use of the developer's time, does it? We don't need more than 1 game mode, Soldat is fine as it is! I fear change! This would ruin Soldat somehow!"

If you don't have any idea what you're talking about, don't start talking in the first place. Please.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

El_Spec

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 02:48:18 pm »
Its not that it has kickback power, its mainly the damage settings and coding.  Like how the Deagles are coded to always fire out at least 2 shots, it can never be changed.  Spas-12 fires 6 pallets and has an incredible amount of firepower.  The only real way to remove its advantages over other weapons is to mod it yourself, change the recoil and damage settings.  For the idea of making it less powerful, I support, but for adding another weapon setting option, no.  It'll create debates on what weapons need to have their settings changed and modify the balance even further and its a totally new feature, so it'll probably create bugs.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 02:56:33 pm »
It's not quite a totally new feature in the sense that the spas and minigun already have it; it'd just be a matter of being able to extend that to every weapon. This shouldn't really cause any issues with the official balance.

And the kickback of the spas being able to boost speed is one of the few things that make it a viable choice above ruger. Removing that would make the ruger superior in that many more cases.

El_Spec

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 03:01:39 pm »
Even then if you do add this feature, certain weapons will always have kickback.  Like if this was implemented and you change the XM214 Minigun settings to 0.  If you test it in-game, you'll still get somewhat of a kickback you already experience because this weapon itself is coded to have a tremendous amount of firepower and recoil.  It can limit it, but never completely remove it altogether.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 03:05:21 pm »
How could you know that if it's never been implemented? That'd be one of the main things to change.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 03:06:02 pm »
Even then if you do add this feature, certain weapons will always have kickback.  Like if this was implemented and you change the XM214 Minigun settings to 0.  If you test it in-game, you'll still get somewhat of a kickback you already experience because this weapon itself is coded to have a tremendous amount of firepower and recoil.  It can limit it, but never completely remove it altogether.

Well obviously if this was to be implemented that hardcoded limit would be migrated over to the weapons.ini. Anything else would just be ridiculous.

fake edit: argh you beat me to it