Author Topic: :::ERADICATION WARS::: !![Ver 6.0]!!  (Read 71430 times)

Offline Kurrus

• Major(1)
  • I'm a monkey Mr. Anderson
    • ElectroniKa
Re: ::ERADICATION WARS v4.1:: (UF version)
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2006, 10:22:47 am »
Dude we are in October! When are you gonna release 5.0?

And more in the topic, this mod is sexyness. It's better than Mecha Soldat, and that's hard, even harder if you consider I do not like mecha mods. I <3 DIS, DAWG.

One little suggestion: make weapons stronger, they take too long to kill.
Lame signature!

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2006, 11:27:51 am »
I think that's the point, to balance them out with the FRC type-e7.

I'm more or less finished with ctf_Minerva. All I can do now is just check Alpha's waypoints entering the backs of the bases....

Wait, whoa.

I just thought of a method I might be able to use to get them to use the back chutes successfully. :o I'll test it out later~

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2006, 03:59:15 pm »
@ Keron:
I dont know if you got my PM (several months ago) Youre free to put a new asteroid under that bloody rear exit. and to modify the map in whatever way you want. just keep the main idea in one piece.
also I wanted to say if you could put the ship on heavensbase closer to the waters surface (leave about 2-3 cm/ 1-2 inches) and a about 10cm (4-5inches) to the left, closer to the base.

@Kurrus:
version 5.0 will be out when I get all the maps ready (including kerons and mine).
Also I dicided to leave out the new minigun. (Ill release it with my other mod i've been ''making'')
About the WM: im going to make them little less powerful than the default WM. (so theyre gonna more powerful than now.)
Btw, the robot taisen OG 2 will be out very soon which might cause more ideas and delaying.

Stay stunned.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2006, 02:37:26 pm »
inf_heavensbase: Closer to the base?! Argh, I've already set good waypoints for Bravo team to invade it... okay, I'll see what I can do. And with ctf_Minerva's back chutes.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2006, 09:09:50 am »
Waypoints.  Finally.  These maps are too good to not have them. :)
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2006, 07:45:20 pm »
Check this out:

I gotta figure the waypoints here too! : X
Note! the only way to get to the other side is to use a jumpgate.
The lower one work like this: drop on the middle blue super poly while pressing left or right.
The higher one works like this: get in the middle part of the gate and do a backflip while standing still.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2006, 07:51:46 am »
It's entirely possible to waypoint that.  Heck, if you give me a copy of the map, I'll try it myself.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2006, 08:09:45 am »
But that would take forever? Even Keron, the waypt pro is having a big challenge with the maps I gave.
He is having them almost finished but still it takes lots of time...

If youre good at waypointing I could give the map, but I will also make the waypoints myself. and then I'll see if your are better, then i'll use em.
So its like: competition on who will waypoint faster : P

Edit: ill make the basic and the easiest waypoints and then ill send it to ya.
(so the difficult jumps and jets will be the things to do.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 08:14:08 am by numgun »

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2006, 08:54:54 am »
No problem.  It'll be a good practice for me, too.  I need to nail down my waypointing skillz. :P

Offline billay

• Major(1)
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2006, 12:53:14 pm »
Yeah, I know what WinRar is, but I tried to copy those files and paste it, but it messes with Soldat too. I tried to play regular Soldat and all of the text things like Destroyed instead of Killed and Mechs instead of players were changed....
EDIT: And I don't have WinRar.
*Ahem*
It's kinda been a month now....
Game name is Ruger-Tard

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2006, 02:08:13 pm »
hmm I cant understand what wrong...

After you download it, you have to extract it. you get a folder called 'ERA' in the place you wanted to extract.
Then you open that folder and select everything in it and right-click for copy (or Ctrl + C)
now go to your soldat directory and right click to paste all the stuff there (Ctrl + V)
It WILL ask you if its ok to overwrite, just answer yes to all. or yes.
then when thats done, your soldat should now have ERA. just start the game as usual and play.

Btw, I suggest you download the file again. It might have crashed in the middle of everything, happens to me too.

EDit: wait a minute, what do you mean it messes with soldat? the new texts are part of the mod. since ERA is based on mechas. If you dont what that, then make sure you dont put the default.txt into the soldat directory. (its located in ERA/txt folder)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 02:12:20 pm by numgun »

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2006, 03:08:39 am »
RC Stop copying HALO, make ur own mod or based on 1 thing.
Fix and disable this "C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE" It's a harmful trojan.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2006, 08:00:26 am »
Is Halo the only futuristic game you play? :P The mod's a combination of many, many mecha series, and so far you're the only one who's complained about it (and seven pages into the thread, too) ;)

@numgun: ctf_Omega doesn't look that hard, actually. The only reason the first two are difficult is because they have TONS of wide-open space, and bots don't usually like jetting for more than 3 seconds ;D So I could tackle that if you want, seeing that I've just about finished with inf_heavensbase and am just putting finishing touches on ctf_Minerva, kind of.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2006, 11:59:24 am »
Dont worry about ctf_omega. I got it waypointed couple days ago. There are few small but not serious problems.
I'll fix em up in no time. ;)

1. the bots arent still getting on the upper jumpgate too good. because they dont seem to obey the ''wait 1 sec''
comand... Otherwise they can get to it pretty nicely.
2.bots use only 1 route to get in and get out... im trying to fix that aswell.

And as I said before (ctf_minerva): If you feel like adding more asteroids or modify them, then PLEASE do so.
Im totally not against at more asteroids, I actually DO want more. (more places to hide and get cover.)
And dont make your waypointings impossible. Even I try to simple up my map if the waypoints dont go right.

Also im glad to announce that a new map has been created again. its in a evacuated city in the night for RS play.
Screenies coming soon. (i need to do waypoints on it.)

Offline Lance Corporal

• Major
  • EAT PLASMA
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2006, 06:35:45 pm »
seriously foley, who the hell cares, he even said what everything was inspired from, so pull the stick out of your ass and shut up.

i dont care if you have been on these forums awhile, your arrogance is starting to piss me off.

so please, if you have nothing intellegent or productive to say, shut up.
Fate is one's way of being a pansy and not being able to take the blame for their own actions, or making excuses not to make the effort to better themselves.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2006, 08:56:06 pm »
Well, if you say so, then I'll stick at least one asteroid underneath the Bravo ship, and maybe some more in the center, up and down. This may delay it again, although inf_heavensbase is more or less completed (I originally planned to get them out this weekend if you didn't catch my PM).

And yeah, the bots don't like "Wait 1 second" for some reason :-\ They only obey it about half the time. 5 seconds is better.

Offline Nige111

• Major(1)
    • The best site in the universe
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2006, 02:24:54 pm »
See now, I registered on these forums, JUST to tell you what a GREAT mod this is, Great graphics, Great maps and great sound. Just to show my appreciation, I even made an Icon for it! It has 16x16, 32x32, and 48x48 in it. Enjoy!
:)

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2006, 01:14:16 pm »
Ohkay... heres the finished RS map screenie: Ctf_Nightfire
Waypointed fully and some custom scenery by me : P

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2006, 03:36:32 pm »
Oooooo...that's sweet.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2006, 07:30:14 pm »
I like the blimp. Make it so that people can go inside the back of the blip, then die because they got ripped up by the engine. :P
The buildings remind me of the ones from Perfect Dark.
<3*xwd
love conquers all