Author Topic: :::ERADICATION WARS::: !![Ver 6.0]!!  (Read 71175 times)

Offline numgun

• Veteran
Re: --{ERADICATION WARS v.4.0}-- tc for soldat
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2006, 01:32:36 pm »
numgun, if the third route according to the manual doesn't need proning, I might be able to get bots to use that jump. ;)

Yes, but try these 2 thing yourself on the map:

1. jump on the launch platform while being in prone.
2. jump on the launch platform while being in standing position and press forward (the movement key that the opposite way of the ship)

see the diffirence. result of my try:
1. you will fly diagonally forward up.
2. you will fly directly up, and if pressing forward too, you will go you will go slowly forward.

If you want, I can make a demo where ill demonstrate the use of the catapult. just say yes or no.

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2006, 03:15:56 pm »
Bravo! Bravo! I love the guns. One of the best mods ive seen.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2006, 10:48:37 pm »
Sure! You're the expert; you know the layout better than I do since you made it :P

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2006, 03:30:13 am »
So, you are suggesting Me to make the waypoints? xD

EDIT: I can give it a try but it might result bots either drowning in the sea or getting destroyed by the mighty border beam. Theres lot of flying on those maps. and its quite hard to keep them on the right track...

EDIT2: Also I think i didnt explain it right but when you take the 3rd route on the catapult it fire you very high and the bots might loose the path because of going too high.

EDIT3: Yayzor! I got the bots out of the their ships on ctf_minerva and they even fought few times!
im gettin good at this waypointing thing.

Btw, I included the demo videos to demonstrate how I use the catapult.

The next update will contain these:
-balanced WM.ini
-better default.txt
-waypoints on both maps
-few changes in sparks-gfx
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 04:55:17 am by numgun »

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2006, 11:10:29 am »
Oh, lol

I meant go ahead and make the demo! :P But I guess I can check out your work too.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2006, 11:59:23 am »
Oh, lol

I meant go ahead and make the demo! :P But I guess I can check out your work too.

i allready posted them.... : P

I've been trying to make the waypoints myself and so far i've managed to get the bots across the map onto the other ship and get into the flag room. the bots wont be using the catapult too well though, it would require them to prone if id want them to launch properly. (hmm, maybe the ''stop and camp'' thing would make them do that...)
All is left to make a path for blue team to get to the red flag. and test if they can bring it back! xD
the inf_heavensbase hasnt been waypointed yet. I was thinking to put a waypoint for the red team into the upper left corner of the map that  that would make the bots use all their jets to get safely across the sea and fall on top of the blue base. The sea is hurting btw, so the bots should avoid it.

Btw:
-WM fully finished
-default.txt fully finished
-waypointing on ctf_minerva is at 60%

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2006, 01:06:57 pm »
Why does your sig say 4.1?
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2006, 06:58:42 pm »
Because it will be 4.1 soon.
Man, I screwed up totally with the blue teams waypoints... i guess ill upload the current waypointing (mess) and let you correct it keron. ;(
At least the red can get to the blue flag.

pls help

VVVVVDownloadzor

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2006, 08:35:17 pm »
I'm on it :)

I might as well tell you that you've done an amazing job, but there are a few unnecessary polygons on the map which I'm deleting (only polygons inside polygons, or those that can be covered by others; none should affect any of the launch systems), and I'm also fixing some texture and vertex connection problems. Nice work!

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2006, 10:00:56 am »
While you are doing that ill try to improve the inf_heavensbase by my best and so far I added some surface under the water to make it look more exciting and the bunkers on the top of the blue teams island are much better aswell, and also i've started waypointing it too. I got the blues to camp and even fly at the reds ship base, but I guess this thing is scripted, coz they fly somewhile then just stop in midair and do nothing and fall into the sea and explode! (hurts polys underwater) but i got them to camp, walk around the base, and get out of nasty places. (except water). I think i will change the underwater area into normal polygon to make it as another route (or even make it the primary route). otherwise i'd have to guess where the bots fly that i could get the fly to the end. aww man. what a mess xD

Heres a 2 overviews:

both the same thing but one has just waypoint showed in it.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2006, 12:16:14 pm »
lol, no, no! :P Bots will only follow a waypoint for roughly half a map screen; any farther and they'll literally forget where to go, even if it's just left or right. Don't worry about that stuff; I'll handle all the waypoints for both maps.

water.BMP is redundant; you can get the exact same thing by putting down a blue-tinged blank.BMP ;) Shall I do so?

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2006, 04:20:04 pm »
nah, you dont have to change the water.bmp thingy. Btw, I managed to waypoint the inf_heavensbase! Almost tho...
youll have to be lucky that the bots could jump and jet into the blues tunnel. Otherwise the blues waypointing is allmost flawless, they can get to the white flag through the back of the space ship. The bots are capable of doing a cap but they have problems at the underwater access tunnel.

Im really looking forward to see how the waypoints were supposed to be... hmm. (in both maps)

Here I'll give you the inf_heavensbase with few add-ons and all waypoints:
VVVVVVVVVVVDOWNLOADZORR

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2006, 10:13:49 pm »
Oh, I just wanted to replace water.BMP with a blue blank.BMP so the file would be a bit smaller...

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2006, 02:14:30 am »
nah, you still don need to do it. it looks simply perfect right now, say, what do you think of the waypoints i did on inf_heavensbase? arent the ridiculous? xD
Atleast ive learned how to make the bots do backflips.
Also i remember there was a problem for the bots to get into the bunker where the black flag is. they can enter it, but they have to do 100+ jump excersizes that they would realize that they are supposed to go there :P
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 03:17:12 am by numgun »

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2006, 02:22:04 am »
Version 4.1... O.O THATS awesome, i wanna see version 1.0 :D why are u posting after EVERY post? Only to make reply count bigger... Bad boy

Besides, convenient avatar, Halo Master Chief 2d sprite (i used that, exacly THAT sprite in my game) + Soldat explosion :) do u play Halo?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 02:23:51 am by Foley »
Fix and disable this "C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE" It's a harmful trojan.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2006, 03:01:14 pm »
... there was a problem for the bots to get into the bunker where the black flag is. they can enter it, but they have to do 100+ jump excersizes that they would realize that they are supposed to go there :P

lol. Maybe you need to position the jump waypoint more to the side. Remember, bots perform a movement exactly; don't just put a waypoint right above the one that connects to it (unless it's told to wait for a few seconds); if you jump straight up right after running, you still drift forward a little ;) Same with bots! Put 'em more diagonally and see what happens.
I'm amazed at how fast you grasped waypointing :o

BTW, I just tried the third launch technique and find it useless; when you bump into it and run towards the launch, by the time you hit the nose you're basically running at regular speed. :P

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2006, 04:15:26 pm »
... there was a problem for the bots to get into the bunker where the black flag is. they can enter it, but they have to do 100+ jump excersizes that they would realize that they are supposed to go there :P

lol. Maybe you need to position the jump waypoint more to the side. Remember, bots perform a movement exactly; don't just put a waypoint right above the one that connects to it (unless it's told to wait for a few seconds); if you jump straight up right after running, you still drift forward a little ;) Same with bots! Put 'em more diagonally and see what happens.
I'm amazed at how fast you grasped waypointing :o

BTW, I just tried the third launch technique and find it useless; when you bump into it and run towards the launch, by the time you hit the nose you're basically running at regular speed. :P

Not really, the third launch technique might be useless in inf_heavensbase, but the point of that launch is to give you an advanced bounce only upwards. the mid route also shoots you up, but it does it diagonally.

Well, the waypoints near the bunker do have the wait for 5 secs and 1 secs but the bots dont obey them.

Besides that, can you still do the rest of the waypointing please? you are a pro at it. ;)
(and im a semi-pro because of chakra (thx dude!))

Foley: wtf? i havent released the 4.1 yet...

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2006, 12:27:44 am »
Chakra knows how to waypoint?! :o (If not, how is he related to your post above?)

And I thought you didn't want me to do anything anymore oO' What should I do?! *head explodes

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2006, 02:10:48 am »
Lol xD
sry, i uploaded those 2 map where i started the waypointing for YOU to DO the REST of the WAYPOINTS. And fix the map if you want.

And yes, Chakra does now how to waypoint. (see his manual in the bots forums)

So these maps are now waiting to be ''handled'' by you. I'm not going to do anything to them so you are free to waypoint it how ever you like and even delete all my waypoint to make your (if thats neccesary.

I'll be waiting ;) Big thx in advance.

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2006, 07:56:13 am »
Its gonna be topic with MOST author replies (for gathering posts only, i guess)
Fix and disable this "C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE" It's a harmful trojan.