Author Topic: :::ERADICATION WARS::: !![Ver 6.0]!!  (Read 71172 times)

Offline Lance Corporal

• Major
  • EAT PLASMA
Re: ::ERADICATION WARS v4.1:: (UF version)
« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2006, 08:53:41 pm »
nice, a mod map i actually want (thats rare) i usually dont like multi tasked maps (not only thing on makers mind). but this looks awesome, can i assume you dont give enough jet to get on top of buildings conventionally?
Fate is one's way of being a pansy and not being able to take the blame for their own actions, or making excuses not to make the effort to better themselves.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2006, 02:52:01 am »
true, and if they do, the ''hurts'' poly will make em regret that.

I have 1 more map in mind. the 8th map. Its a rocky orangish desert with 2 bases. Each base will have an artillery to use. Maybe ill put a catapult system in the bases aswell.
But im not too sure of the layout... Should I make it possible to shoot with the artillery to the other base for chaos or make a rocky hill in the middle of the map to render the artilleries only for defensive purposes?

Btw, if you dont know what artilleries im talking about then look at this pic:
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/3899/map3mn8.gif
As you can see it has 2 cannons in the bravos base on the right. when you throw a nade, it will ''shoot'' it at very high speeds. So basicly you can kill someone with a nade even if he is standing infront of the ship on the left side.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2006, 09:04:09 am »
So...the cannon propells your nade rediulously fast?  Kewl.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Nige111

• Major(1)
    • The best site in the universe
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2006, 11:38:10 am »
Bloody hell, That sounds... spectacular! How does that work? (Just started mapping)
:)

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2006, 05:08:32 pm »
Check out this page on the Soldat Wiki for more on artillery.
I've never used it, looks fun.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Lance Corporal

• Major
  • EAT PLASMA
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2006, 08:36:54 pm »
damn, i like the maps that make it ridiculously hard to get somewhere, but let you get there. i would love to spend 2 full minutes scaling the building to snipe from the top. i hate how in cs maps you can escape to the roof where you would have an advantage, and you spontaniously blow up because you cant tell what roofs kill and what dont (seriously, it pisses me off).

are you at least going to have a couple secret spots, like windows you can climb into but look just like all the rest.
Fate is one's way of being a pansy and not being able to take the blame for their own actions, or making excuses not to make the effort to better themselves.

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2006, 03:12:54 am »
seriously foley, who the hell cares, he even said what everything was inspired from, so pull the stick out of your ass and shut up

^ I care, because HALO is my favorite shooter i ever played. So, i WILL complain about it, and now i DONT care what YOU say.

^ Keron, If its combination of Mecha mods, why not writing it in the first post? D'oh. Okay, HALO isnt mecha-like. Well, seems RC likes Halo too.
Fix and disable this "C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE" It's a harmful trojan.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2006, 03:41:32 pm »
@ Lance Corporal: Sry, but no way. I seriously hate those things in RS maps. use sceneries for hiding. (and they are at 60-80% of opacity.)

@Foley: Uh... shouldnt you be happy that this mod has a little bit of Halo content in it?

Offline Lance Corporal

• Major
  • EAT PLASMA
« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2006, 01:43:13 am »
seriously foley, who the hell cares, he even said what everything was inspired from, so pull the stick out of your ass and shut up

^ I care, because HALO is my favorite shooter i ever played. So, i WILL complain about it, and now i DONT care what YOU say.

^ Keron, If its combination of Mecha mods, why not writing it in the first post? D'oh. Okay, HALO isnt mecha-like. Well, seems RC likes Halo too.

i should have learned from xbox live, dont argue with the stupid nine year olds. they always miss the point.

by the way, i play halo, and its my favorite first person shooter as well.

and note your karma, you arent well liked. could it be that you are sometimes unfavorable in what you say *gasp*

i shall now cease responding to your comments. whine all you like, what little respect i might of had for you, has been destroyed by your arrogance.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now, to be on topic, i guess i can understand that opinion on the map. i look forward to it anyway. i wonder how you will implement this artillery.

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2006, 12:27:06 pm »
and note your karma, you arent well liked. could it be that you are sometimes unfavorable in what you say *gasp*

I dont care. My karma can be -9999999999 and i still will say whatever i want.

RC when you will finally update this mod? This thread is dying. (slowly, but dying)

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2006, 03:28:39 pm »
Right when keron will finally give those cursed maps back. :' (

I also started to renew my old gundam mod into what it was supposed to be...
most of the weapons are complete : )

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2006, 10:43:52 pm »
You know what, I'm sending over inf_heavensbase. This has taken way too long. I'll throw in ctf_Minerva maybe by next week, since you suggested adding more asteroids anyways.

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2006, 07:57:36 am »
I wish i could get new PC god damnit. Then i would start modding again and make a best soldat mod ever, impossible, huh? There are great modders messing around in SoldatForums. Like RC :).

>> What about making a modder team? I mean, best modders from SoldatForums could make a cool mod <<

Offline sataslt

• Major(1)
  • soldat nick - FooTBAG
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2006, 09:14:15 am »
sweeT MoD DUDDe

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2006, 12:35:07 pm »
Uhhh... *pain* keron... you... you... ph4il3d m3... noes... /mercy

And thats not all.
The bots never got to the white flag and the bots only got into the ship few times but flew out of it right away.
the entrance where the bots have to jump into the black flag area is completely doomed. the bots managed to get there after 50+ jump excersizes.
the new jump-pad was a good idea but bots use it very poorly. small advice: make bots move while falling on the jump-pad. the boost will be 10X bigger.
when the bots went out of the ship, they did the same thing as before: Fly high and fly back to home for no apperant reason.
Also the entrance to the flag room in the bunker was a bit bugged.

Summary: Smite keron!

@ Foley: Actually thats not a good idea. As you might have seen that every modder has his own style. most styles dont suit together and if the modder group would make a mod, then whats the theming/subject?
Everyone has his own taste and interest. Im interested in mechas and futuristic stuff. some dont like those.
The best way to make a mod is to make one yourself. and not just like that! you must be motivated atleast somehow. no motivation = bad mod. You must have the concept/idea in your head that would make your mod very good. Otherwise its no good. Sometimes ppl get bored and start creating something new (wraithlike's DB_3dstreets for example) He was bored, but got inspired and motivated when he was making it.

But theres an exeption, mods for bigger games like ut2004 or that have more modding capabilities that require more skills (coding, 3d modeling, all stuff related to get the mod into the game ect.)
There you can have a modding team. soldat is too small for teams, unless theres 2 or more ppl that are VERY intrested in making a mod they both actually want.

oops... I got onto an typing spree...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 12:47:01 pm by numgun »

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #155 on: October 16, 2006, 02:25:37 pm »
lol, you smite me for trying? :P All the bots performed perfectly over here, in using the underwater launch and getting to the flag! The water does not at all look like that on my end, and in all my playtesting, bots never got stuck behind the right EA spawn. (Although I can't say I put any waypoints there to redirect them if they did ;D)

How many bots did you playtest with? Send yours back to me; maybe something became corrupt in the transfer. (Nice sniper and int., BTW)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 02:27:37 pm by Keron Cyst »

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #156 on: October 16, 2006, 03:01:23 pm »
i had 4 bots on alpha going for the flag.

VVVVVVV Downlooood

Offline killer_corpsman

• Major(1)
  • corpsman for the U.S. Navy
« Reply #157 on: October 16, 2006, 07:03:22 pm »
not bad...very nice....congrats on making the best thing I'v seen on here so far.
peace love and morphine
.vankirk

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #158 on: October 16, 2006, 10:09:10 pm »
I don't know what else you want... everything seems perfectly fine to me. Is that screenshot really of the EA base? The water shouldn't overlap like that at all. :-\

But here's a slightly changed version which prevents bots from getting stuck behind the EA bunker:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 10:12:52 pm by Keron Cyst »

Offline Full_Metal_Wolf

• Major
  • Metal_Wolf
    • Metal's Blog(Generally NSFW)
« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2006, 11:05:14 pm »
hmm...a mod that is good...I like it.
"I do not move out of the way!"
"Paul, I...I...I thought you were a GEP gun."