Author Topic: ctf_Zenieth  (Read 1046 times)

El_Spec

ctf_Zenieth
« on: April 09, 2008, 04:33:00 pm »
Here is my latest map.  Compared to my others, this map didn't take nearly as long, which is surprising.  I personally think this as my best work and I had put the best effort into creating it.

It is Boxo inspired, mainly from Helia and from several other maps compared and created into one entire whole.  It is set in an unknown location defined to Jets, weapons, and a goal to capture your opponents flags.  It is a large map, yet the polygons prove to well-placed and prevent spraying and spawning, and other gameplay elements that can cause harm.  I recommend this with large groups of people, best for 6 to 8 per team.

Technical Information:
MapMaker:Soldat PolyWorks
Construction Time:6 hours
WayPointed:No
Supported Gamemodes:Capture the Flag
Custom Scenery:No
Custom Textures:No
Map Size:large
Number of Players:8 to 16

Overview Screenshot:
http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ctfzxb7.png

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
Re: ctf_Zenieth
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 04:52:48 pm »
Where's the lightsource? The shading is wacked out because I can't tell where it is.

El_Spec

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 01:52:19 pm »
Lightsource?  A map doesn't need a light source for the shading and lighting effects.  The shading is all the areas that aren't exposed to light like the bottom tunnel.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 12:59:01 pm »
This doesn't need any light sourse, it looks great except scenery work could be better, cols don't look so great... I like the middle and top areas, but the bottom way is pretty much out of game :S. The bottom way goes too down and it isn't the smoothiest one, so no reason to attack on the bottom... Again I've created an idea for new bottom way.

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 01:58:21 pm »
I down the map but it came without any texture... Compile it again with the potato2 texture.
the down way really should be fixed :(
man, the scenerys that stop bullets shouldn't be "back". Because they have theyr importance.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 05:03:31 pm by As de Espada »
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

El_Spec

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 02:20:35 pm »
I've made the spawn points spread out so players would use the top route from where they spawn or the bottom or middle route.  I actually just added the bottom route for looks and I wanted this be a large map. 

Thanks for the suggestion and I'll put it into action.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 04:57:14 am »
El_Spec unleashed his mapping bankai.

The top part might also fall out of play, even with Suow's additions, because the middle seems much much faster. I imagine this map to be one of those public loved custom ones we have in every version ( like wonderland! ), testing it in a 3v3 situation would be silly, us 'pros' aren't too fond of even the slightest complexity of structure. But we'll see, good job :o