Author Topic: Kicks and moves  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Kapser

• Major(1)
Kicks and moves
« on: January 27, 2008, 12:07:58 pm »
I know theres already enough moves, and more could be useless and need one more button to assign but whatever... What I like the most about soldat is not aiming but moving.

Kicks. They could be used to push opponents (maybe even make them crouch if you push them in the back), but that's not the point. The main reason of this move would be to be able to kick walls to give a push.

Other moves I'd like to see.
-Dive roll (crouch+jetpack+landing = roll on landing and maybe then sit)
-Front flip (a little bit like bouncing on the floor, to go faster foward on certain polygons, or with some timing. Like a mix of the high jump and a long jump. Maybe even some mario 64-like double jumps? Would be hella fun with the chainsaw.
-Long jump? Once more just like mario 64. Couldnt shoot while jumping.
-Run? (I'm not sure of this, but maybe like go a little faster but cannot shoot)-
-Sit down and take a beer (i tought i wanted more moves but im already out of ideas)

I'd like to be able to concentrate on movements to be more unpredictable and harder to aim/follow.

What do you think? I know it's not gonna happen, and it's not a ninja acrobat game but oh well.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
Re: Kicks and moves
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 12:44:30 pm »
What do you think? I know it's not gonna happen, and it's not a ninja acrobat game but oh well.
You got it. ;)

You say you want more moves, well your ideas definitely pump up the quantity - but doesn't give much for anything else.

Work with the moves you got - roll, backflip, prone, and jump. They're basic, but that gives you ground to get creative. Get crazy and you will be able to come up with some pretty nifty tricks.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 12:46:52 pm by BondJamesBond »
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Kapser

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 12:57:56 pm »
Yeah.. I already love the move selection. This is actually the best platformer control ever, that's why I ask for more, because I love it, but there is enough. :)

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 12:58:11 pm »
Most of these are easily doable, they jusst have different names.
Run=bunny hop. Long jump=forward jump. Front flip: Turn around for a split second and backflip, then turn back around.

Dive roll's the only plausible one. If you're suggesting a rolling recovery from prone by holding the down key them I'm all for it.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 08:40:37 pm »
Also, the cannonball. you run along and come up to a slop, and tap jump left, then jet, and your Soldat will do a horizontal backflip. Covers ground much faster then running.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 09:13:22 pm »
I got <3 that long jump in mario, I'm interested in how it would work, maybe this would be better in mm's new game, maybe not seeing as there's no jets.
It's not a definitive yes, but not a no either.
Lol, internets.

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
  • :D
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 10:11:47 pm »
Use that tool that allows you to edit the gosteks movements, then you could have a Ninja :D
All teh Piezors Shall beh Minezors!

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 03:14:35 pm »
i would have to have a lot of new controls. it would only be good for singleplayer or youtube vids.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 07:23:53 am »
N, anyone?