Author Topic: look at theese cool bugs :D  (Read 5393 times)

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
Re: look at theese cool bugs :D
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 03:03:07 pm »
One of the least useful bugs, the Minigun-inaccuracy bug. Online, if you have any latency at all, get a buddy to just stand the while you have the minigun and pump him full with a full clip. Chances are, he won't die. He'll say that most of the bullets went over him.

It happens in normal, I'm not sure about real.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 03:05:31 pm »
homerofgods, add the lagjump, lagrespawn, stop knife throw, long flag throw, polybug bounce, knife duplicate(still works?)
Then some of those bugs might be useful, also making such list wont't make you cooler, people who want to exploit bugs, will find them anyways, no need to make that group bigger by posting such bullbollocks here.

I don't feel like adding more, only negative response anyway :p feel free to reply with examples though
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 03:22:41 pm by homerofgods »

Offline Mitak

• Camper
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 03:17:25 pm »
It won't work since... I think there's one missing link... The lag.
I remember discovering this bug in a server, so lag must be present.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 03:21:18 pm »
It won't work since... I think there's one missing link... The lag.
I remember discovering this bug in a server, so lag must be present.

Thx Mitak      and   mxyzptlk, useful info 4 me actually
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 03:49:55 am by homerofgods »

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 12:46:20 pm »
I discovered a bug (in 1.3.1-1.4) when I was trying to knife someone on Cambodia. I threw the knife up and it hit a small poly's edge.
Then a knife popped out of that edge and fell down along with mine >:O It's not a joke, I knifed the edge many times
and knives fell, but it's tricky - you must jet all the way and throw it directly above you, while jetting.
I tried it yesterday, but it wouldn't work :S

PS: There's also one wall bug on a TW map (don't remember the name) - you throw a nade infront of you,
go prone and touch the wall. You pop out on the other side.

It's anoxi and it can only be done on the blue side i think, well the left side.

It's not the only map where the knife bug can be done. I've done it on one other CTF map on #Fracs Pub, except I can't remember the name of the map. It's the one with the 3 towers. (I believe it's on Fracs CTF pub anyway.. it could be on U13 CTF)If you throw a knife at the ground - in the middle - in the tunnel, it spawns a double or even 2 blades in the same place, and then you can huck multiple knives to your hearts content, however you have to keep producing more. Besides getting a few extra knives, it never really helps though unless you get rushed by a few guys at that spot and manage to pick them up and kill the enemies fast enough.

At least I believe it's that map. It could have been on CTF Run as well, but my memory fails me. I don't really care about exploits like that. It's still a neat enough bug to mention of course.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008, 02:08:16 pm »
I discovered a bug (in 1.3.1-1.4) when I was trying to knife someone on Cambodia. I threw the knife up and it hit a small poly's edge.
Then a knife popped out of that edge and fell down along with mine >:O It's not a joke, I knifed the edge many times
and knives fell, but it's tricky - you must jet all the way and throw it directly above you, while jetting.
I tried it yesterday, but it wouldn't work :S

PS: There's also one wall bug on a TW map (don't remember the name) - you throw a nade infront of you,
go prone and touch the wall. You pop out on the other side.

It's anoxi and it can only be done on the blue side i think, well the left side.

It's not the only map where the knife bug can be done. I've done it on one other CTF map on #Fracs Pub, except I can't remember the name of the map. It's the one with the 3 towers. (I believe it's on Fracs CTF pub anyway.. it could be on U13 CTF)If you throw a knife at the ground - in the middle - in the tunnel, it spawns a double or even 2 blades in the same place, and then you can huck multiple knives to your hearts content, however you have to keep producing more. Besides getting a few extra knives, it never really helps though unless you get rushed by a few guys at that spot and manage to pick them up and kill the enemies fast enough.

At least I believe it's that map. It could have been on CTF Run as well, but my memory fails me. I don't really care about exploits like that. It's still a neat enough bug to mention of course.
ctf_conquest? where is the knife bug? under the middle tower?

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 02:18:57 pm »
Yeah, that's the best I can remember. It was months ago and I have no demo to show it. Like I said, I don't care enough about exploits as I consider them an unfair advantage at times and I rather enjoy playing a balanced game/map.

Also, it might not be a bug with the map, but rather the server (on that day). However, I dunno enough about the technical stuff to explain why it could be server other than a glitch from lag.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet