Author Topic: limited ammo?  (Read 11454 times)

El_Spec

Re: limited ammo?
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 03:08:41 pm »
Limited ammo/reloads would throw off the pacing of the entire game, no matter how you dice it.

Scripting also is an answer to this request. 

Offline thatperson1

• Major(1)
  • Applesauce. Yeah, that's right, I said it.
    • Kongregate
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 10:26:50 pm »
i would just like 2 say, i think having limited ammo WOULD be pretty cool, at least only on realistic mode, or make another mode for just that feature

Date Posted: April 18, 2008, 10:25:43 pm
it may only be an option for most people in human vs computer games, but i think it would add and extra bit of fun and adventure/"zest" to online games
Whenever I smile, a little kitten somewhere in New Jersey dies.

Offline Krack

• Soldier
  • Krack Kills
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 10:30:08 pm »
who ever opposes this is just friggin lazy. lazy to test. lazy to code. lazy for what ever reason. there's no real reason why this shouldn't be out in as just an server option as a 'Test Option' or beta or whatever. my point is... why not try it out?
Viva Soldat

Offline thatperson1

• Major(1)
    • Kongregate
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 10:33:44 pm »
i agree with Krack, it would be a great feature if somebody were to just DO it... unless the game creator guy (sry i forgot ur name, dude (great game, btw ;D)) has to do all the work, in which case, it wouldnt b that much of a big deal, cause hes already making the best game possible and better all the time

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 10:34:22 pm »
Well... That can be said for any suggestion.
BTW: Game creator = Michal Marcinkowski
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline thatperson1

• Major(1)
    • Kongregate
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 10:37:42 pm »
true, but it would be one of those things that makes for a great photo finish, like in the movies: 2 guys r left alive, out of ammo, and 1 shot form death. they c a box of ammo, they both rush for it aaaaannnndddd.... BLAM! the slower guy gets his head shot off. now THAT would be a good reason 2 add it in. i mean, who doesnt like dramatic ends that are so rare, only a few pro players can do it?  ;) it probably will even increase the amount of posts/topics in the "Best SOldat Moments" part of the forums
BTW: thx dude, i thought i had it memorized. guess not!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 10:42:01 pm by thatperson1 »

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 01:08:51 am »
F11...
Now we're taking nadeboxes. With limited ammo we will take nadeboxes and ammo packs. Meh.

Offline Krack

• Soldier
  • Krack Kills
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2008, 10:12:09 pm »
-_- I would love to see this implemented in Soldat as just a Beta OPTION. If you don't like limited ammo then don't friggin play with it! It's just like me hating Non-Real mode. Or somebody else hating Real Mode. Who cares!!! I'm just saying... Why Not Just Try It Out! You'll never know what will happen... Sure there might be alot of balance testing but that's the way things work. It's like you guys just hate the fact that there's work to be done. Where's the community support people? Help out by testing and balancing. If Michal [or any other person working on Soldat] wanted it to be done then i would love to test and help with balancing. You guys who don't want it can just be left out. Who cares...
Viva Soldat

Offline thatperson1

• Major(1)
    • Kongregate
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 09:23:27 pm »
i HIGHLY agree with Krack, at least TRY it. TRY it BEFORE you BUY it. I would LOVE to TEST this FEATURE (hang ON, my MACHNINE'S stuck. *click...click...click...clickclickclickclickclickclick. BANG! BANG!KABOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!*... ok, fixed it ;D) but i would not be able to help implement it because i cant script or nething, even though i want to learn how and stuff. if i could help in any way, though, i would really like to do just that.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2008, 08:11:30 pm »
who ever opposes this is just friggin lazy. lazy to test. lazy to code. lazy for what ever reason. there's no real reason why this shouldn't be out in as just an server option as a 'Test Option' or beta or whatever. my point is... why not try it out?
More like friggin busy. They have better things to do then test some random thing, like test new balances, test bug fixes, test other options, not spend their entire lives to soldat developement, etc. So I guess you could call that lazy, but not really, it's not like they have to test anything, they are pretty much doing this out of the goodness of their hearts and have better things to test and waste time on.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline thatperson1

• Major(1)
    • Kongregate
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 07:56:45 am »
wow, you are just......bleh. this is "SUGGESTIONS", not "SHOOT DOWN EVERYBODYS IDEAS JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE THEM OR THINK THEY HAVE NE USE"

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2008, 08:24:28 am »
The key is to make suggestions that:
1) Are feasable for use in-game.
2) A majority of people can enjoy.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline thatperson1

• Major(1)
    • Kongregate
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2008, 04:51:25 pm »
well then that key has been used. MANY people could enjoy this feature were it added, because MANY people like a challenge and like some variety

Offline Ray

• Major
  • PANNED
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2008, 01:17:53 pm »
NO!

Soldat is not halo/CS/cod4/GTA/etc.

Limited ammo is only for 3d games!
F11
Agreed.
Paint.net > Gimp Paint.net > Gimp Paint.net > Gimp Paint.net > Gimp

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2008, 01:44:45 pm »
well then that key has been used. MANY people could enjoy this feature were it added, because MANY people like a challenge and like some variety
MANY? Where are those MANY people you've mentioned?
Or just "many=me" syndrom?

Offline BRADEN

• Camper
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2008, 02:44:18 pm »
That's what I hate about the majority of you people. You are not open-minded and reject every new idea. WHy is limited ammo for 3D games? Is there any label on 2D games which says "ONLY UNLIMITED AMMO!"? No. SO why not try new things.

Death is the solution to all problems. No man; no problem.
-Joseph Stalin

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2008, 02:47:56 pm »
That's what I hate about the majority of you people. You are not open-minded and reject every new idea. WHy is limited ammo for 3D games? Is there any label on 2D games which says "ONLY UNLIMITED AMMO!"? No. SO why not try new things.
I used to think this. But then I realized there is a reason. Like I said, they(the devolepers) don't have time to make random stupid thing that any average joe suggests every day, that would take ages. Look at all the hundreds of things that have been suggested, trying all of them would be impossible. Plus, we try to keep the same basic formula for the game so it doesn't evolve into something it didn't start as, that's what new different games are for. Look how long it takes for each new patch, and how relatively little is on it. Plus, balancing limited ammo would be a complete nightmare.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Zabijaka

• Soldier
  • Soldat Fan, Hitman Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2008, 04:06:03 pm »
Limited ammo is good idea and developers dont need make all sugested idea, only this good idea needs work.

Offline .::Blaze::.

• Camper
  • `LMS|Blaze^
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2008, 08:08:10 pm »
i dunno if anyone said this cause i really don't wanna read all this...but id suggest limited ammo in r/s or w.e I don't play them but umm limited ammo is REALISTIC. don't ya think?

hey little kid you want some candy, "yes". GET IN THE VAN!

Offline Krack

• Soldier
  • Krack Kills
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2008, 09:39:04 pm »
NO!

Soldat is not halo/CS/cod4/GTA/etc.

Limited ammo is only for 3d games!
F11
Agreed.

Oh My God! Then why the h3ll is Transhuman Design making a game with friggin limited ammo? Explain that? All the 3D games only uses limited ammo bullsh!t. Is that your reason for real? Is that seriously your reason? -_-

Hey. I'm not saying this idea will be implemented in like a few seconds. I just want to know why you guys oppose it? [Who ever opposes it that is]

Date Posted: April 24, 2008, 10:31:50 pm
MANY? Where are those MANY people you've mentioned?
Or just "many=me" syndrom?

Maybe we should have a poll then?

I know I mentioned it back in page one like... last year, but if this could be done with scripting, I want to see it.

Limited Ammo.
People are just flaming the idea without mentioning the reasons why it sucks.

But, I think this could be used as a feature to turn on/off. It would change the way people play soldat. No, it wouldn't limit spraying, because you will always get some idiot spraying the absolute crap out of something, and running out of ammo. While limited ammo could ruin some parts of the game, it could benefit others.
Realistic would be changed. Though you don't really live all that long in most matches, if you run out of ammo... you have to drop your gun and pick up another.
Scriptage? or worth putting in the game as a on/off feature?
Viva Soldat