Author Topic: limited ammo?  (Read 11455 times)

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
Re: limited ammo?
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2008, 09:59:06 pm »
Fine, you say no one is making a plausible argument against your idea.

Before we delve into the reasoning of why it is/ is not a good idea, you need to ask yourself a few questions.

Why is it that you consider this a good idea?
What does it bring to soldat?
Is what it brings to soldat a good thing?
Can it be achieved by other means, i.e Scripting?
Will it gain popularity and be a good use of the dev's time?
WILL IT BE FUN?

In regards to the whole limited ammo doohicky, why do we need it?
And before you say "Duuurrrrrrr, Jst try it out lol!!! if u dont u r lazy lol!!" What would be the point of implementing something that may not be used, it would be like adding an airbag to a lawnmower, it would be unnecessary. I'm not necessarily  saying this will be a bad idea, i'm saying that it will more than likely be an unnecessary add on to an already well built game. Take the dodgeball genre of soldat, which I might add has pretty much died, When both players lose the knives they need to kill each other with, one of them has to suicide to keep the game moving. I can see this happening with this particular type of structure.

Player starts with X amount of ammo and once X amount of ammo is depleted, that player is out of ammo and must either pick it up or do Y action for it to reload.
That seems unnecessary and slows down the game play of soldat in itself, soldat is a fast paced game, it's supposed to be that you live for 5 seconds and for you to kill as many people as you can. And when you used Linkdead as an example of limited ammo usage, you forgot to mention it is a completely different genre of gaming, in that, it is more strategy based gameplay, more team based. So it is inevitably slower and requires players to think more about a sniper sitting 150 yards out instead of trying to spray his ass with a minigun.

Th whole point is that this would be pushing soldat back a few steps, it would be stopping the game to progress the way the developer intended it to progress, and therefore, is a bad idea in itself.

Lol, internets.

Offline thatperson1

• Major(1)
  • Applesauce. Yeah, that's right, I said it.
    • Kongregate
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2008, 03:48:59 pm »
good idea, krack, im gonna put up a poll that says:
would you like it if there was a limited ammo feature?
yes: (100% ;D)
no: (0% also ;D)

Date Posted: April 25, 2008, 03:48:32 pm
no, jk, but i WILL make a poll that asks if they would like it
Whenever I smile, a little kitten somewhere in New Jersey dies.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2008, 09:29:12 pm »
You're just delaying the inevitable, It's not going to happen, there's not enough support.
Just let it go...
Lol, internets.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2008, 08:48:45 pm »
It's not going to happen

I am working on a script right now so all you people can see if the limited ammo thingy is fun, when CTF was suggested, most people opposed it, but now it has grown into the most widely played gamemode.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Krack

• Soldier
  • Krack Kills
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2008, 10:32:57 pm »
................................................. .................................................
Eh screw it. You guys obviously don't want it in Soldat I see so... Oh well.
Everyone who wants limited ammo will just have to wait til Link-Dead comes out.
Viva Soldat

Offline Scarab

• Soldier
  • I don't have personal text.
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2008, 11:54:00 am »
F11...
Now we're taking nadeboxes. With limited ammo we will take nadeboxes and ammo packs. Meh.
Ill only take this in if theres ammo packs.
I don't have a signature