Author Topic: Fun, or fooling yourself?  (Read 17704 times)

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
Re: Fun, or fooling yourself?
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 08:52:15 pm »
'Course not, it's cause by blood flow which seems to stop when you're dead.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 12:51:41 am »
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

My guess would be no.  Since the heart's not pumping anymore, all the blood would probably settle in whatever area is lowest.

EDIT: Er, yeah, what Lord F. said.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 05:54:58 am »
Sure, games are for fun, but games can also be treated as a challenge. If not, then why are there clans and clan wars? They are not just for fun, they are also a form of competition that provides challenge to players, and players would then want to improve all the time while having a good game.
My big brother dosn't see at games that way (playing under the name "Xemnas" lamer whit sniper Most of the time seen at [Ec]Hexermod )

He has told me that his dream game is a game that he totaly rules all players in the entire game. So your theory aboute what gamers want might be wrong. Some people might just want to rule others.

True.

I'm not saying that all gamers have the same opinion, I believe every person has his own opinion. For me, that is what I believe is the spirit of gaming. For your brother, I'd say that he believes that for every game, he strives to be the best player and be able to own everyone.

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 09:34:34 am »
I think it because all the people(most) who made this forum fun did something stupid and got banned. i could list them but it would go on forever.
Holy Poop!

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 10:20:14 am »
What I've noticed:

The people who don't have a purpose in or something to contribute to the community are the ones who have all the warnings and who post useless things and who eventually get themselves banned for being a tit.

Administrators
Scripters
Server Admins
Modders
Mappers

All of the above are people who contribute to the community and thus have a real reason to be here besides discussion. Also, they are all people who rarely have any warnings or previous bans.

- I would have added Beta Testers into that list but let's face it... They contribute nothing apart from 'testing 'which any of us would be willing to do... and plus, frogboy is letting the side down. They're just normal members with a different title.

People who don't fall into those categories are the problem.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008, 10:30:48 am »
What I've noticed:

The people who don't have a purpose in or something to contribute to the community are the ones who have all the warnings and who post useless things and who eventually get themselves banned for being a tit.

Administrators
Scripters
Server Admins
Modders
Mappers

All of the above are people who contribute to the community and thus have a real reason to be here besides discussion. Also, they are all people who rarely have any warnings or previous bans.

People who don't fall into those categories are the problem.
I'm not in any of those categories and I've been warning-free since I joined.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 10:34:39 am »
I didn't say all the people who don't fit in those categories.

My point is that the majority of people with warnings and bans don't fall into those categories.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 10:37:48 am »
I didn't say all the people who don't fit in those categories.

My point is that the majority of people with warnings and bans don't fall into those categories.
You didn't say a majority initially, however, which is why I stated that. :P

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 01:29:02 pm »
Thank you for digressing.  :-*