Author Topic: Weapon Modding Suggestions  (Read 4724 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Weapon Modding Suggestions
« on: April 14, 2008, 10:28:41 am »
1. Able to set the special features of any gun (Eg: Scope, Shotgun Reload, Shoots 2 bullets, Throw = Killable, Has a overheat system rather than a reload system)

2. For thrown items, they can have another option instead of "speed" to determine length of throw.

3. You can set the amount of "boosting" effect caused by guns (Eg: Spas and Minigun ; when you shoot you'll boost backwards)

4. This is for the M2 Stat Gun (Turret). There should be an option to determine the maximum range of the M2 bullet before it explodes.

5. This is also for the M2 Stat Gun (Turret). The "Ammo" determines the amount of bullets the turret can fire continuously before completely overheating. (By default: 18 bullets)

6. You can set the animation for each gun, like how it is held, reloaded etc.

7. You can set the sounds to be used by the gun for any event, or add in other gfx inside. For example, Ruger and LAW can drop a clip when reloading.

^ These are some ideas. What are your opinions?

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: Weapon Modding Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 10:45:20 am »
I think that soemthing like that was suggested before... making .ini longer is a great idea
You can change the animation, just modfy POA
I don't undestand some like 7. lol

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 11:08:40 am »
I think that soemthing like that was suggested before... making .ini longer is a great idea
You can change the animation, just modfy POA
I don't undestand some like 7. lol

Sure the animation can be modified, but I noticed that some weapons share the same animation.

7: It means, let's say you have a Ruger-77

Originally, a Ruger will not drop a magazine clip when it reloads. It also does not produce any sound like a chainsaw. In 7, it allows the Ruger to be able to be modified to this kind of extent. Imagine your Ruger will now drop a magazine clip when reloading, and whenever you walk around with the Ruger, you will hear a chainsaw sound.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 11:37:49 am »
Ok now i undestand.
I was thinking about the others and some would end up in making .ini longer

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 12:08:51 pm »
As always with ideas like this. F12. I damn need it.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 12:14:07 pm »
I think that it was suggested ...
F12.

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 01:05:58 pm »
F12 for all.

Also, I suggest we can modify the 'weight' of the bullet (For example, at 0 the bullet would just not fall at all. At negative values, it would go up ^_^

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 01:45:32 pm »
I F12'd. Though, there is one addition I'd like to make: the option to alter the firing type from semi-auto to automatic, and, as an expansion of that, have the option for burst fire. Like, 0 would be full-auto, 1 semi-auto, 2 for two-round bursts, etc.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Pragma

• Soldier
  • Blood, Guts and Gunsmoke
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 01:52:05 pm »
F12 for all.

Also, I suggest we can modify the 'weight' of the bullet (For example, at 0 the bullet would just not fall at all. At negative values, it would go up ^_^

Hrm... Add an option to change the color of the tracer and that would be good for StarWars style lasers; or a 1980's GI-Joe style mod.    Good call.

Edit: For the latter to be authentic, the .ini would have to be tweaked such that nobody can hit their target 98% of the time.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 01:54:54 pm by Pragma »

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake.  Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 01:56:30 pm »
F12 for all.

This could be used for beam weapons if you would null out the bink and recoil. Might make for some potentially annoying weapons.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)

Offline Bug

• Major(1)
  • You'll clean up
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 01:57:13 pm »
F12 for all.

No physical object can have weight of zero or less. It'd be same if you divided minigun by zero!

A bullet without mass is a bullet without damage.
yes.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 01:59:42 pm »
You're thinking too literally. It would be affecting the fall of the bullet, not the actual weight; besides, everything falls at the same velocity in Soldat.

On second thought, that might be a good idea as a map option; make it a gravity-type effect that could effect the rate at which things fall, if at all.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:02:28 pm by O.R.I.O.N. »

Offline Bug

• Major(1)
  • You'll clean up
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 02:01:37 pm »
I know I know, I just had to joke around a bit. If we added whole physical understanding the mankind has, Soldat wouldn't be Soldat anymore. :)
yes.

Offline Pragma

• Soldier
  • Blood, Guts and Gunsmoke
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 03:49:44 pm »
F12 for all.

This could be used for beam weapons if you would null out the bink and recoil. Might make for some potentially annoying weapons.

Your icon and your comment immediately reminded me of my days of playing Mechwarrior 2 deathmatch, and how lasers worked in that game.  Yea yea... get off my lawn already ::shakes fist menacingly::.

I know it's well beyond what Soldat was meant to do, but it really would be interesting to see how gameplay would work with Battletech style light lasers, akin to what you'd see on an Elemental.

Anyway, I fugure that a warm-up time (1 second hold like Barrett), distance attenuation, plus the potential to catastrophically fail (read:explode) if it overheats, would offset the damage potential of a recoil-less beam weapon.  Another drawback would be to reduce the damage such that you have to 'bake' your target by keeping them in the beam for long enough to be lethal - think ants under a magnifying glass.

Date Posted: April 14, 2008, 04:44:14 pm
As always with ideas like this. F12. I damn need it.

Okay, I'll bite.  What for? :)

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake.  Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 05:46:57 am »
Hmm, everyone's ideas are also good, such as the "bullet weight" thing that would determine the angle of the bullet rather than have the bullet speed determine that as well.

And I think it'd also be a good idea if the damage would become purely based on the "Damage" value, its pretty hard to calculate with speed affecting the damage at the same time.

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 07:05:49 am »
I think there should be a damage calculator somewhere, lol.

And I think that your idea is quite bad, unless you can turn it off in weapons.ini. It wouldn't make much sense if took more damage from acidic spray travelling at high speed than one traveling at low speed :P

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 07:11:48 am »
I think there should be a damage calculator somewhere, lol.

And I think that your idea is quite bad, unless you can turn it off in weapons.ini. It wouldn't make much sense if took more damage from acidic spray travelling at high speed than one traveling at low speed :P

Ya I think it'd be better if that option can be turned on and off. I know what you mean, and yes there should be a program to help test the damage of a gun without actually playing a game to find out. Besides, calculations may not be that accurate too due to the fact that damage is reduced as the bullet travels.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 08:50:54 am »
Hmm, everyone's ideas are also good, such as the "bullet weight" thing that would determine the angle of the bullet rather than have the bullet speed determine that as well.

And I think it'd also be a good idea if the damage would become purely based on the "Damage" value, its pretty hard to calculate with speed affecting the damage at the same time.

Actually, speed is vital. See, otherwise bullets wouldn't lose damage as the speed goes down. Which would suck.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 09:01:01 am »
Actually, speed is vital. See, otherwise bullets wouldn't lose damage as the speed goes down. Which would suck.

Mmm, but sometimes I've always wanted to make a weapon do a fixed amount of damage no matter the bullet speed. That's why.

But ya, what I want to stress on most when it comes to damage and speed is to have a program that can not only calculate but also show the damage done by the bullet on the health bar (+vest option allowed, and you can see the damage that would be done depending on how far the bullet has travelled) without having to get on Soldat.

As for the weapon.ini, the most important thing is basically having more variety in the modding.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 12:22:54 pm »
Most have been already suggested, but yeah, I like them all. F12'd. Not that any server actually uses the stat gun...
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace