Author Topic: Anything better then fraps?  (Read 5157 times)

Offline Jonny-Central

• Soldier
Anything better then fraps?
« on: April 16, 2008, 10:15:51 am »
I know it might sound stupid, But I want to make A video and I downloaded fraps, When Your recording its the slowest thing ever.
Is there anything that im missing? or did wrong? its taking videos like, pictures .
Is there anything better?

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
Re: Anything better then fraps?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 11:02:07 am »
I take a demo first. then record with fraps after that. works good enough.

Offline Jonny-Central

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 12:22:50 pm »
You just record the demo?

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 04:50:39 pm »
You just record the demo?
yeah, then just capture the demo with fraps or taksi. Its a lot better on performance.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 04:57:37 pm »
1. Use Auto-Demo and configure to the settings you desire.
2. Make sure you have a prog such as Diamond Demo Player to expand your boundaries of what can be recorded.
(Being able to free-cam, changing the speed, changing players, removing texts, etc.)
3. Use Fraps with Diamond Demo Player and use the movie record button to start and stop the demo.
4. Drag Files from your Fraps Folder onto your desired movie program and edit away.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline Jonny-Central

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 12:38:46 pm »
Aha, okay, I was trying to record a demo with fraps :S, I will get Diamond player now,
Thanks

Date Posted: April 18, 2008, 11:55:50 am
Okay, I get this problem, I don't know who to get demos, There nothing there to record a demo, I tryed everything, Nothing works, help again please?

Offline equu

• Major(1)
  • w.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 11:59:23 am »
4. Drag Files from your Fraps Folder onto your desired movie program and edit away.

<-- HELP?`with windows movie maker, i cant publish a video made of .avi files, and i havent figured any converter program that would really work. SO: is there any WORKING .avi converters or is there any possibilitys to change the recording format to ie. WMV?

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 08:19:49 pm »
Aha, okay, I was trying to record a demo with fraps :S, I will get Diamond player now,
Thanks

Date Posted: April 18, 2008, 11:55:50 am
Okay, I get this problem, I don't know who to get demos, There nothing there to record a demo, I tryed everything, Nothing works, help again please?

There is a demo folder located in the soldat folder in C drive. Once you found the demo you wish to play, open up your demo player and type in the name of the demo (without the .sdm), and you should be able to play it.

Then start up fraps or taksi and use the program to record the demo that is currently playing.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline ColonD

• Soldier
  • :D
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 05:12:09 pm »
I like CamStudio.

Free. Open Source.

Voila!
: D

Offline JupiterShadow

• Camper
  • MS Paint + Adobe Lighting effects FTW!
    • 55274-640-8484137-23948
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 06:09:06 pm »
Press F8 in game to record a demo. To play a demo go to the lobby screen. In the ip box type the name of the demo you recorded, ie demo1, then in the port box type 0. Click join game. Profit.

Edit: I still prefer using fraps than anything else. I have the registered version so I can record for more than 30 seconds without that stupid fraps link on top. I don't get any lag while recording. Its probably you have a crap computer that can't handle fraps awesome performance. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 06:13:19 pm by JupiterShadow »

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 09:28:23 am »
Here's another suggestion that worked quite well for me. Note that I did this on my MacBook Pro, which is quite powerfull machine. I have VirtualDub for capturing and used DivX codecs to store them to the harddisk. The quality was super, size about 20-30mb per minute and full framerate during play and in the video. All links, and a link to a test video (compressed to WMV for uploading) can be found here:

http://www.ownedvision.com/play.php?vid=115

The divx codecs are free, they might cost a bit of power, but you can adjust them how you'll like, more 'speed' and more kbps will make it easier to compress. You can also use the codecs in CamStudio, but the main problem i have there is that the screen size you capture will be the same size as the video. In VirtualDub you're able to capture a 1024x796 screen and store it in a 800x640 file, for example.
Both VirtualDub and CamStudio are free and open source.

If there are a lot ppl that want extra instructions, i might post some.
Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline Basho

• Major(1)
  • Buzz Killington
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 05:28:30 am »
Or use Lead Capture and Present... But I think that it died long ago, as I haven't seen it being used in ages. I only use it sometimes because you can draw a box on a certain area of your computer to record.
But I mostly use Fraps.

Another way of recording demos in Soldat is type /record (Demo Name)
I use this mostly because I have like hundreds of demo files (demo1, demo2, demo183, etc) and I get sick of going through all of them to find the one I need.