Author Topic: Official Trailer contest (with prizes)  (Read 39471 times)

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Re: Trailer contest (with prizes)
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2008, 08:06:02 pm »
I don't want to be an asshole, but the contest has been out a week and people are starting to post vidoes already? They don't look NEAR the quality that can be reached with more time.

I hope the contest runner doesn't take this as the average time it would take to make a movie, I am going to take at least a month, because I am a perfectionist sunuvatwat.
Well from what I see they aren't really praised movie makers to begin with. So amount of time isn't helping too much. I could be wrong though, could be a diamond in the rough somewhere in the forum.
@ii

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2008, 08:49:24 pm »
Philanthropist, don't worry.  I'm sure all of the serious entrants are sitting and thinking about what to do, instead of rushing to post videos on the forums right now.  I'm giving a long period of time for this contest for a reason.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2008, 09:42:40 pm »
Yea... I'm still in the process of figuring out what to do...
Stop rushing into it people.
Just another soul to burn.

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2008, 09:53:26 pm »
I'll start thinking about when the end of the contest will be.  It will be at June 1st or later.
Question FLAB.

Are you suggesting that an actual winner will be selected around that time, or is that when voting will proceed?
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2008, 09:56:27 pm »
I'll start thinking about when the end of the contest will be.  It will be at June 1st or later.
Question FLAB.

Are you suggesting that an actual winner will be selected around that time, or is that when voting will proceed?

That is when voting would begin

Offline Aleixo

• Major
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2008, 08:19:42 am »
Someone should call to antiCamper. I am fairly sure he'd be #1!
Second that.

<3

hehehe he thanks for the suport but i have no time i got to work and study :\ (+ girlfriend xDDD***)
Mabye with some luck i can create something :P

What is the redline ?

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2008, 09:18:32 am »
What is the redline ?

Called "deadline", and it should be a little before just 1st.

Offline Aleixo

• Major
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2008, 09:28:59 am »
hummm you are correct its on the first post,lol...
Sorry but im not very good at english :X

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2008, 11:53:43 am »
It's good that you included a lot of information regarding soldat. You're probably the first person to post a legitimate video. The problem I see in your video is the lack of post production. It looks like you put little to no effort to spice it up. Secondly, since it's famous for its online capability, the use of bots really takes away from the video. Lastly, I totally agree with the person who posted that anything over 1:30 is overkill. Your video dragged on for a bit. A soldat trailer should be long enough to showcase Soldat and its features, but short enough that the audience only gets a taste of what Soldat has to offer. Thus, bringing newcomers and the curious into the gaming of Soldat. Otherwise, keep up the good work and keep working on it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, FLAB, sorry to pester you but I have a few more questions.

When you are doing the voting process, are you posting EVERY video submitted, or a select few chosen by admins or a chosen panel?

And are you titling the author of the video on youtube during the voting process?
I would suggest not to because of the potential player bias.

e.g. Major- "OMG, a video by anticamper. VOTED. And I don't even have to watch his video, but I guarantee it's the best."

And finally, what is the filesize range you want? I rendered my video just to check my filesize. I made it an .avi file as I am premusing that's the correct file you need. It came out to be 290MB. I'm pretty sure you want it much lower than that. It would be nice if someone could sticky codec tutorials on the Fan Art&Movies Section.

Thanks again FLAB in advance.

Offline Snipufin

• Camper
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2008, 12:35:06 pm »
e.g. Major- "OMG, a video by anticamper. VOTED. And I don't even have to watch his video, but I guarantee it's the best."
I smiled.
Name:     Snipufin
Position:    Soldier

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2008, 01:01:33 pm »
It's good that you included a lot of information regarding soldat. You're probably the first person to post a legitimate video. The problem I see in your video is the lack of post production. It looks like you put little to no effort to spice it up. Secondly, since it's famous for its online capability, the use of bots really takes away from the video. Lastly, I totally agree with the person who posted that anything over 1:30 is overkill. Your video dragged on for a bit. A soldat trailer should be long enough to showcase Soldat and its features, but short enough that the audience only gets a taste of what Soldat has to offer. Thus, bringing newcomers and the curious into the gaming of Soldat. Otherwise, keep up the good work and keep working on it.

Thanks dude. I got better program now and I'm going to start making a more "explaining" video tomorrow. How much time do I have?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 09:03:55 am by Centurion »

woo

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2008, 04:06:01 pm »
How much do I have time?

I can already imagine you posting the question "how long is this stupid fucking contest going to take?" everywhere.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2008, 09:25:19 pm »
Centurion... non-copyrighted music is allowed only for soldat trailers. FliesLikeABrick mentioned this already.
Just another soul to burn.

Offline .Long-Range

• Camper
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2008, 11:22:02 pm »
Fantastic. I'm glad that a trailer will soon be implemented to advertise Soldat. What makes things even better is I'll be able to see the best work from so many people. I really hope it'll be hard to choose what will be the trailer for Soldat!
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2008, 09:02:55 am »
Centurion... non-copyrighted music is allowed only for soldat trailers. FliesLikeABrick mentioned this already.

Oh cr*p... I am going to read those conditions again...

Offline Hellion

• Major(1)
  • Levent NEMUTLU
    • Soldat-TR
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2008, 12:30:31 pm »
w8 : )
i'll create a new movie : )

Offline Aleixo

• Major
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2008, 05:59:08 pm »
I smiled.

:3

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2008, 07:38:17 pm »

Freckin hell, I have been using the most appropiate Metallica song that would go with the trailer. Damn, I gotta start all over. Dammit, the song was freckin genious too. Sigh, time to find non-copyrighted music.

Offline Aleixo

• Major
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2008, 09:42:12 pm »
One entry per person

As for music, unfortunately I need to say that it needs to be music you made or fair-use music (take a look at the music on www.archive.org. There is a LOT of it across many different genres. Almost all of it can be used for free, legally. There are some big-name bands you will find on there.)

Thanks for asking about that BJB, that is a very good point and I'm glad it came up.

www.archive.org