Author Topic: My Guide to the Desert Eagles.  (Read 21752 times)

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
Re: My Guide to the Desert Eagles.
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2009, 04:06:46 pm »
if i play one weapon to get really pro with it i sometimes get really tired, especialy if i miss a lot. If i have a bad day, what should i do, don't care and keep going or rage and take a SPRAY weapon and kill  the s**t out of people?

Honestly, that gun may not be for you. I've been just a deagler for so long now, and I don't get tired of the gun itself, I just get tired of playing badly. Or maybe you are built to be a multi-weapon person, all depends.

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2009, 04:25:33 pm »
Remember I take all of your questions !!

Who would you say is the best all time Desert eagler around? And who is the best Desert eagler now?  Also, what would you suggest doing with a desert eagle if you're fighting an m79er or a steyr user?

Thanks. ;)

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2009, 04:29:12 pm »
All time probably Marbire, at the moment I have no idea. I've only just came back from a 3-4 month break (also leaving in 2 days).

M79: Keep your distance, try to make his arc work against him. And use the very slight straightness of the deagle.

Steyr: Land your shots quickly, theres not really an easy way to take em' out other than to use the arc and fire fast.

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2009, 06:05:27 pm »
srry for the bump, but this helped me alot! :D
check out my server! click here

If at first you don't succeed, Improvise! :D

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2009, 12:33:51 am »
The Steyr Aug's advantage lies in very high DOT, great accuracy (if you know how to control your shooting) and range. It's disadvantage is its low damage per shot and its ammo runs out quite quickly (though the reload is relatively fast, but enough for you to take him out).

DEs' advantage lies in the fact that it has very strong damage per shot and excellent accuracy (no bink and no movementacc at all - allows you to keep moving and landing shots perfectly), and the ammo is actually pretty high + a fast reload. It's disadvantage is due to its low bullet speed which means shorter range, but that can be turned into your advantage - you have a very useful bullet curve.

Against the Steyr Aug, you will lose to him in long range, so try to move in closer to an effective range. As Rai said, take advantage of your bullet curve... and the terrain. DEs' DOT can beat the Aug's DOT only if your shots are landed carefully and quickly.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 12:41:42 am by STM1993 »

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2009, 01:02:31 am »
STM I disagree with you on a certain point.

If I would face a DE user, I would keep my distance, and spray him from farther back seeing that the AUG bullets do more damage from a farther distance away.  Is this correct?

In my opinion as long as you stay a sufficient distance from him and stay above the DE user, you should be able to win.

Happy new year. ;)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2009, 01:11:15 am »
STM I disagree with you on a certain point.

If I would face a DE user, I would keep my distance, and spray him from farther back seeing that the AUG bullets do more damage from a farther distance away.  Is this correct?

In my opinion as long as you stay a sufficient distance from him and stay above the DE user, you should be able to win.

Happy new year. ;)

Happy New Year.

Aug doesn't do more damage, it loses less damage compared to DEs, which not only lose damage (which may make it 4 shots to kill), but the bullets lose too much velocity and become easy to dodge, and may not even hit.

Steyr Aug has the bullet push and the range, which allows it to win the DEs. But if the DE-user can actually get close enough (mid-range is more than enough), the Aug can be defeated no matter how many bullets hit the DE-user, providing the DE-user is accurate and agile.

Besides, you also have to consider the reaction time, the terrain, the speed at which the players are going, secondaries/grenades, and the type of game mode you're playing. More factors too perhaps, such as health. Being above a DE-user - it can mean that it is harder for the DE-user to shoot you, but it can also mean that you'd probably run out of jets faster and you may be naded at the feet. Or perhaps the DE-user is on the ground? He'd just send a LAW flying towards you. If both Aug-user and DE-user are to be running towards each other quickly which happens pretty often in CTF, chances are the DE-user would win too.

And no doubt, the Steyr Aug is overpowered while the DEs could use even more buffing.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 01:16:13 am by STM1993 »

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2009, 01:16:00 am »
And no doubt, the Steyr Aug is overpowered

no

But thanks for explaining that.  Lol, I was looking at the AUG stats from like 2005, maybe that's why I was a bit misunderstood.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2009, 01:18:03 am »
But thanks for explaining that.  Lol, I was looking at the AUG stats from like 2005, maybe that's why I was a bit misunderstood.

2005? What version of Soldat was it at that time? 1.3?

But seriously though, the Steyr Aug is a little too strong. Self-bink is too low (which isn't really a problem to a good Aug-user anyway), reload is too fast, damage potential might even be too high.

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2009, 01:20:55 am »
Bullet speed is nice and fast.  I don't mind that the bullets are being taken down by 5 in the new version, but is the bink supposed to get higher too?  I'm a heavy AUG user, and I like how the gun is at the moment. ;)

Also, I was looking at the Soldat Wiki weapons guide for AUG..

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2009, 01:38:13 am »
The self-bink shouldn't be a problem if you're a good Aug-user, and its intended to be increased in addition to the -5 ammo. Always fire in short bursts, and you'd notice you'd almost never be affected in terms of accuracy, except the very minor movementacc 2. The Soldat wiki's has correct stats at least. Tbh, I don't like the idea of -5 ammo, but it shows promise. The 75% bullet push is still yet to be explored.

Now, let's get back on topic - Desert Eagles.

It's getting +2 damage per bullet and -4 reload. Which means more firepower and faster reload, and that is good.

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2009, 01:37:46 pm »
Nice guide, it has made me want to use them :)

Offline daphenomena

• Major
  • -wP- DaPhenomena
    • FPSBanana
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2009, 05:49:08 pm »
Nice guide, it has made me want to use them :)

Same here, I rarely use DE, but now I know I'll try them more often ;)

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2009, 09:29:49 pm »
Good, good, remember too: not many people are used to fighting deagles!

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2009, 02:43:21 am »
And who is the best Desert eagler now?
EmDzej of course! :D

Offline cardgame

• Major(1)
  • Fear the Zebramel
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2009, 04:28:54 pm »
Nice guide, but I myself prefer the MP5. It's arc is very similar so it can also do tricky shots, plus if you miss you can always just spray. I find it works freaking great at binking snipers, and if the enemy is running away from you downhill you can spray and kill him even if he's off your screen!  ;D I can own EFCs a lot on maps like Cobra when they're running downhill or through a tunnel.

Can't spray with DEs!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 04:33:40 pm by cardgame »
I'll make a siggy later.

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2009, 12:56:06 am »
And who is the best Desert eagler now?
EmDzej of course! :D

Who is this desert eagle user? I thought Rai + Marb were the best. ;)

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2009, 05:57:48 pm »
Pretty large bump (4th page?) But I cleaned up the guide, added more demos, and added new a couple new sections.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2009, 08:03:48 am »
This pretty much covered all i have ever seen from the Deagles so far Rai, good to know we have people like you willing to shed light on these subjects. Just wish you played on internal bleeding like you did on the demos that other day. Maybe some other time I'll get to kick your butt when you're totally owning ;P (jk).
b&

Offline Bitem

• Major
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2009, 04:27:31 pm »
that was a nice guide
congratz rei-dei