Author Topic: My Guide to the Desert Eagles.  (Read 21744 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: My Guide to the Desert Eagles.
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2008, 12:50:07 am »
Well, minigun is actually quite an amazing weapon if you can use it, but in a general game with two rather skilled players, chances are the minigun is at a big disadvantage.

Back to topic about DEs,

Desert Eagles are one of the best weapons in the game, it is just the bullet speed that is a bit tricky to master and once you get the aim and arcing right, it is extremely powerful. It is better in a more open area or if you're not obstructed by the ceiling.

Offline Skiessi

• Major(1)
    • asd.
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2008, 06:08:54 am »
I used to like Deagles, but then they started sucking.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2008, 06:54:14 am »
I used to like Deagles, but then they started sucking.

Not really. Sure, in 1.2.1 it was 1337, but so was almost everything else. Then 1.3, every weapon including DEs themselves were nerfed.

Now the DEs are getting more and more buffs, no nerfs in ANY area ever since the next version after 1.3. In 1.5, it would most probably gonna get +2 damage and -4 reload buffs.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 10:35:48 am by STM1993 »

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2008, 02:52:58 am »
That's coool
Are all weapons getting buffed, just like how all got nerf in 1.3?
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2008, 03:59:45 am »
That's coool
Are all weapons getting buffed, just like how all got nerf in 1.3?

Not everything is getting buffed... Ruger, Aug and maybe Knife are most probably getting nerfed (whether major or minor). The rest are probably getting buffs or remain the same.

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2008, 04:56:36 am »
Knife? What is there to nerf?

Back on topic, how do you deal with barret campers with deagles? They are quite fun to try but I always end up dying, or dodging their bullet.  Then they run away back into base where there's 4 other people who just spawned. Hmmmmm...
Knife seems to work quite well if you're quick
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2008, 10:08:42 am »
I'm not really a pub player, but in gathers/fcws the alt route has Barretters in it. Many people (Rugertards) disagree with my way of defeating them but it works. I rush them, NEVER get in a range battle with a Barrett you will get molested. Best thing to do is charge them and don't stop moving, and of course rape the arc like you just dropped the soap.

Offline client

• Soldier
  • Soldat name: Pelle Polltibil
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2008, 11:50:11 am »
i feel like a noob now but i don't quite understand the "arc" thing. so if you explain to me what it is, i would be happy ;)

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2008, 01:09:33 pm »
The Arc is what make the Deagles unique (its the extreme bullet curve) it allows for amazingly angled shots.

Offline client

• Soldier
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2008, 01:15:24 pm »
ok thanks rai, it was that i thought it was but i had to be sure.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2008, 02:07:21 pm »
all the talk about  compliments to rai-dei, then suddenly a freakin minigun conersation?

-off- minigun can be a true killer, i was able to do serial kill and multikill x2 in 5 seconds

-on- great guide, great weapon, now i gotta try to use it. btw, it really is a heck of a killer in real mod. 2 shot on torso=death  1 shot to head= death.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Pragma

• Soldier
  • Blood, Guts and Gunsmoke
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2008, 03:05:28 pm »
I'm not really a pub player, but in gathers/fcws the alt route has Barretters in it. Many people (Rugertards) disagree with my way of defeating them but it works. I rush them, NEVER get in a range battle with a Barrett you will get molested. Best thing to do is charge them and don't stop moving, and of course rape the arc like you just dropped the soap.

So in other words, use the bullet arc to keep your target, while constantly moving out of their line of fire?  That makes sense, since in a ruger vs ruger battle, you'd have to be aiming directly down your opponent's line.  Now I can see how the deagles here give you a decided advantage.

I need to apply this to my m79 usage, thanks!

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake.  Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2008, 04:59:05 am »
Yeah recently there were 2 barret snipers in the low route - I really wanted to try and beat them;
I charged 1, and since it was a narrow tunnel I figured they could hardly miss (as I figured out several lives before).
I wormed in mid air, he missed and I managed to get a shot into him and again while flying over his head and yet again when on the other side of him.

But alas, the other one killed me.

So: should I have kept up my charge and somehow pinned his face with my knife? Or continue my charge and keep firing?
Cause one barreter is quite okay, but more than that.. gets hard.  I know a sensible solution would be to take the high route, but... I don't like to let them win ;D

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2008, 08:27:02 am »
Since I don't really know where they were, I'd try to take out the one who didn't miss because he has a shot left.  As for the other just kill him after you kill the one since he is already weak.

Offline cunchy

• Soldier
  • D:!
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2008, 04:42:43 am »
I havent tried this, but maybe it is posible to it one barreter , then aim for the other one and hit, then go back to the other one... etc... so that they get binked, unable to shoot. But of course this would require perfect timing. OR, you could just nadespam lawl

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2008, 03:47:06 am »
Nadespam one and kill the other xD
Bink doesn't work extremely well in narrow tunnels but it's still worth a try

Offline Rabbit

• Major(1)
  • Cowboy From Hell
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2008, 07:41:23 am »
Thanks for the guide. I've actually never given a damn about the mouse sens.
S.D.M.F.

Offline PewPew430

• Major(1)
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2008, 08:04:50 am »
For some reason, I practise using deagles like every day yet I never get better. But one day I can just pick up an AK or something and own... Aiming is just really hard with eagles for me, but AK (and most other automatics), you just... spray... and kill people. I'm also OK with 1-hits and the other semi's - just I suck at deags.. any suggestions why? o.o

{Sorry to bump, but I think its a relevant comment.}

Offline client

• Soldier
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2008, 08:11:46 am »
pewpew you are like me, i don't feel like getting better at times, and i'm using ak. The ak has much easyer aim than the deagles so all you have to do is following this guide and play. Remember not spray and pray with the Deagles, shot slow.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2008, 08:49:29 am »
For some reason, I practise using deagles like every day yet I never get better. But one day I can just pick up an AK or something and own... Aiming is just really hard with eagles for me, but AK (and most other automatics), you just... spray... and kill people. I'm also OK with 1-hits and the other semi's - just I suck at deags.. any suggestions why? o.o

They key is to shoot SLOW, as if they were actually the Ruger. Start slow. If you can get better at aiming a little by little, then good for you, that means you're getting the bullet speed. Also, DEs are not longed-ranged weapons, try getting mid-range with them instead.

Ya, it's pretty understandable why DEs are so hard to use, its just the bullet speed which ultimately makes the bullet curve awkwardly. Also, at long range, the bullets would begin to spread out.