Author Topic: A question on race maps  (Read 1560 times)

Offline KamikazeDuck

• Camper
A question on race maps
« on: July 21, 2006, 06:58:37 am »
Okay, a simple question...

Are race maps supposed to be like climb maps, in that only alpha can play while bravo spawns in a box or should they have the two teams, both racing for the flags?

I'm not sure about if there are any guidelines or rules about this but I've seen a few race maps that have the teams spawning in both these ways. I want to make sure there aren't any rules about this before finishing my climb map for poop's competition (if the comp. goes ahead).

Edit: Reading the link in the reply on kinky's thread I'm guessing both teams must be racing for the flags... Seeing other race maps where this is not the case just confused me a bit.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 07:10:53 am by KamikazeDuck »
JUNGLE | ART | PIRATE | RADIATION | DESERT | UFO

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
Re: A question on race maps
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 10:45:02 am »
Two teams for team racing, one team for standard racing. You decide the fate.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 11:03:38 am »
climb and race maps are the same thing except race maps involve teams, while climb maps are played solo.

Offline KamikazeDuck

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 05:55:10 pm »
I've decided to make two versions of the map; one will have the single course and be for only one team and the other will have the course copied as a mirror image, a team on each course leading to the same flags.

Thanks for the help.
JUNGLE | ART | PIRATE | RADIATION | DESERT | UFO