Author Topic: Battle Eye Corrupted memory #0-5  (Read 27561 times)

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
Re: Battle Eye Corrupted memory #0-5
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2008, 06:44:12 pm »
At graveyard inf about every game someone gets kicked usually for #1 or #4. Also the logs show that the connection to the BE master server gets dropped not quite sure what that is about but it is a u13 rented server.
And as the lyrics go in the United State's national anthem: "America, f**k YEAH!".

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2008, 10:15:04 pm »
When is this going to be fixed? I'd like to be able to play a game for longer than 5 minutes for a change.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2008, 06:15:15 am »
Chariot, it should be fixed already.
Did you try to reinstall Soldat? Also scan for virus/spyware and check your RAM for errors (e.g. using Memtest86).

To those that get kicked for "Client not responding" while playing now: Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about this at the moment. Either the Soldat client or server seems to corrupt the BE packets sometimes. Now, corrupted packets are ignored by the BE Client/Server and in bad cases, if it doesn't recover, you will be kicked for not responding after a while.
It's definitely not BE causing this, it seems that the Soldat netcode can't handle the increased number of BE packets being sent now.
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2008, 10:49:59 am »
Reinstalled, still happening. No viruses.
Vidi Vici Veni

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2008, 11:25:09 am »
It looks like this when someone gets kicked

Offline Bloo

• Soldier
  • Yellow
    • BlueMutiny.com
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2008, 02:34:03 am »
Thanks for not taking any responisbility for it as usual, but it's not just 'not responding after a while'. The slightest lag-spike (or map change), wireless or wired, will give anyone an instant 'Client not responding' 5 minute ban.

Seriously, stop blaming it on Soldat, RAM, viruses - Anything other than your programme. It was fine up until two releases ago, then you fixed one problem and created another. I'm bored of your excuses and I'm bored of being booted from servers

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2008, 05:43:46 am »
Yes, I never take any responsibility, I am ignorant and I don't give a shit about the community.

Seriously, normally this is not my tone, but people like you should really shut up if they don't know what they are talking about.
I have verified with multiple server admins (Leo and Toumaz) using a special BE version that it IS Soldat corrupting BE packets. Now, why didn't it happen before? I think that it also happened before (players post here from time to time), but not that often due to the significantly lower amount of BE packets being sent. You might also find it interesting that there is an exploit in the current server version where a hacker can cause all players to be kicked by BE for "Bad Packet" by sending a special (non-BE) packet to the server. So there ARE indeed problems with the current Soldat netcode.
I created a workaround fix so that a corrupted packet won't lead to a "Corrupted Memory" kick anymore but is instead ignored. Now, as I said, if the netcode doesn't recover, you will logically be kicked for "Client not responding" after a while.
So I neither actually fixed the problem nor did I create another.

Also, what you say about lag-spikes and map changes is just not true. BE always ensures that packets actually arrive, so unless you really time out for quite a while, you won't be kicked.
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Bloo

• Soldier
  • Yellow
    • BlueMutiny.com
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2008, 06:13:20 am »
Rubbish. I know for a fact and have seen it happen to others, that it kicks for not responding whenever it damn well feels like it. There doesn't need to be a non-responsive period for it to kick. It happens in every server I've been in and not just to me and only since things started going wrong with the corrupt code.

You did create another problem, because it wasn't there a week ago. End of. If you want to blame it on everything under the sun that's your problem. Just don't expect people to be kind to you when they can't play for more than 5 minutes. Also, I never said there weren't problems with the Soldat netcode.

Stop deviating from the subject, fix whatever you did that screwed it up and let us play Soldat.

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2008, 06:16:45 am »
Did you even read my post?

You obviously didn't, otherwise you would know why "it kicks for not responding whenever it damn well feels like it".

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2008, 09:23:14 am »
Rubbish. I know for a fact and have seen it happen to others, that it kicks for not responding whenever it damn well feels like it. There doesn't need to be a non-responsive period for it to kick. It happens in every server I've been in and not just to me and only since things started going wrong with the corrupt code.

You did create another problem, because it wasn't there a week ago. End of. If you want to blame it on everything under the sun that's your problem. Just don't expect people to be kind to you when they can't play for more than 5 minutes. Also, I never said there weren't problems with the Soldat netcode.

Stop deviating from the subject, fix whatever you did that screwed it up and let us play Soldat.
$able's done his job, so now it's up to EnEsCe to do his, so go annoy him instead.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2008, 09:32:30 am »
well no matter whos fault it is, BE kicks seems to happen more often and also without reason
today i got BE kicked from my own server for corrupted memory, never had that before.

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2008, 09:36:56 am »
Just fyi, I am already talking to EnEsCe and MM about this.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2008, 10:53:07 am »
$able... Did you release a battle-eye update in the last few days? Ever since that update (my Soldat auto-updated) I've been kicked from every server I join, and I can't spectate any servers (I get told the server is full when theres 5 people/30 slot server).
Just another soul to burn.

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2008, 12:31:02 pm »
$able... Did you release a battle-eye update in the last few days? Ever since that update (my Soldat auto-updated) I've been kicked from every server I join, and I can't spectate any servers (I get told the server is full when theres 5 people/30 slot server).

Servers limit the max number of spectators; you'll be told the server is full if this is the case.

Offline Bloo

• Soldier
  • Yellow
    • BlueMutiny.com
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2008, 01:20:41 pm »

$able's done his job, so now it's up to EnEsCe to do his, so go annoy him instead.

Try reading what I said. Battleye could deal with it before onesingleupdate and then suddenly all hell broke loose. + what BombSki said.

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2008, 02:52:30 pm »

Try reading what I said. Battleye could deal with it before onesingleupdate and then suddenly all hell broke loose. + what BombSki said.

I think that there is something that you should realize, bloo. Battle-eye is a constantly changing piece of software, which has to be patched and maybe even redesigned whenever a bunch of geeky 'hackers' find another exploit in it. If you read sable's post you must have seen that one of those exploits was that a hacker could use BE to kick you!
This means two things: BattleEye was, is and will be updated CONSTANTLY. If it stands still, the exploiters win. Another thing is that maintaining such a piece of software is everything accept easy. Creating some software is one thing, but making sure it will be adaptable for the future and on top of that keeping it compatible with third party software (like the soldat netcode) looks like a hell of a job to me.
Therefor I think sable deserves a little more respect than you give him.
Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2008, 02:59:32 pm »
@The Bone Collector: You are kicked for "Client not responding"?

I have now released another workaround fix that reduces the amount of BE packets being sent. Could everyone who had problems before please post if that fixes it for him/her?

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2008, 03:43:46 pm »
The problems seem to have stopped for me.
Vidi Vici Veni

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2008, 05:01:10 pm »
You were kicked for "Client not responding" before (the last days)?

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2008, 05:14:27 pm »
No, I was kicked for the same thing that the title of the topic says...

Although it just happened again less than 30 seconds ago.
Vidi Vici Veni