Author Topic: Mods in a dedicated server...?  (Read 809 times)

Offline mobadass

• Major(1)
Mods in a dedicated server...?
« on: July 21, 2006, 10:21:37 am »
i'm not sure if i'm posting in the right section but it says "post any question about soldat here" so i am wrong pls move this.

i'm not understanding how to use my mod in a dedicated server. i have a mod i got off the interenet, i know how to make a dedicated server, i just can't mix the two together. pls give me some tips  ??? thx

Offline Denacke

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • Cake!
Re: Mods in a dedicated server...?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 10:33:41 am »
I think you might be confusing two things.

If you are talking about a weapon mod (editting weapons' speed, power, damage, ...) you just need to do the command:
/loadwep <weaponfile>

If you are talking about a mod that changes the graphical aspect of soldat (appearance of your soldat character, graphics of the weapons, ...), there is no way to force everyone to use the same graphical mod as you have.

Offline mobadass

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 11:12:06 am »
ok i meant the weapon mod thingy can you tell me what to do after i run dedicated server auto start?

Date Posted: July 21, 2006, 11:44:22 AM
ok i tried to type" /loadwep and the file location in the this <> bracket thingy" and it didn't work. pls tell me the steps i am extrememly stupid with computers:'(

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 06:58:12 pm »
you dont include the <>'s... if you want to load MYWEAPONS.ini type /loadwep MYWEAPONS

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 07:55:54 pm »
If you don't care about ever reverting to the default settings, you can also modify the default file. But only do that if you won't go back to the default weapons.