Author Topic: Airsoft gun mod SUGGESTION  (Read 2187 times)

Offline xSystemx

• Major(1)
  • Would you prefer the reaping, or the raping?
Airsoft gun mod SUGGESTION
« on: April 25, 2008, 09:39:14 pm »
Hey, I have no mod experience or anything, but I just wanted to suggest to someone who CAN mod to do an airsoft gun mod, if you ever feel like it. I think this would work with soldat very nicely, as the current bullet paths of the Soldat guns fit airsoft guns much more closely than real guns. If anyone wants to take up this challenge, I have many suggestions that could make this a really cool mod.
For text in your signature, you may not have more than 4 lines of text anywhere in the signature, and each line may not be wider than 70 characters.  Text may not be of a larger size than the default.
I violated forum rules and all I got was this lousy punch line.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: Airsoft gun mod SUGGESTION
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 02:35:35 am »
That could be a .ini change for a server, not so hard to make, i can give a try with some ideas that someone said

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:53:03 am »
I thought about it long ago. It's not very good idea. Weapons would have to be 1-shoot-1-kill. I can make something like this for you if you want but it would have funny-crazy/shity gameplay ;D.

Date Posted: 26 April 2008, 13:35:18
Btw: I'm makin the mod now. I've got most of sounds etc. Shoudl I leave the standard Soldat weapons look or change 'em?

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 02:27:05 pm »
Make famous airsoft weapons, i mean the ones that most of people uses (G36c, M4, FN Minimi....)

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 02:47:20 pm »
Make famous airsoft weapons, i mean the ones that most of people uses (G36c, M4, FN Minimi....)

For now I made just .ini, sfx and basic weapons-gfx remake. It's hellish funny ;D. 1-shoot-1-kill weapons makes little armagedon at situations with much players but I tried to balance 'em best and they're quite good.

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 04:54:29 pm »
I really don't see how weapons would have to be 1 shot 1 kill... airsoft guns are much weaker than real guns :/

Oh, I get it now. You don't actually kill the enemy, you eliminate him from the game. Well, it would have to be bloodless, so no in my opionion :<

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 08:00:52 pm »
I've already got a custom .txt file which removes all references to killing, replacing it with "tagging" because it's not killing if the person you just "killed" comes back at you with a shotgun 10 seconds later or if they can still talk despite their head not being attached to their body. Also has a fancy ANSI art for the custom weapons and says text sent on the server with the /say command is from "YOUR GOD". If anybody wants it, I can upload it.
In any case, you'd just need to replace the SFX with wussy clicking sounds, make the x-fire.bmp/.png files, the x-shell.bmp files, and the blood sparks all 1x1 green pixel .bmps, maybe make the x-bullet.bmp/.png files lighter, and change the blood files that appear on the gostek files; just some holes in the clothes when they take damage. Pretty simple, since you'd need to create almost no new files.

Personally I'll stick to the Nerf Mod.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 05:45:55 am »
xtishereb, can you send me things what you've got? I've already recorded nice sounds from my M4A1 and M9 and made most gfx.

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 05:14:25 pm »
I've already got a custom .txt file which removes all references to killing, replacing it with "tagging" because it's not killing if the person you just "killed" comes back at you with a shotgun 10 seconds later or if they can still talk despite their head not being attached to their body. Also has a fancy ANSI art for the custom weapons and says text sent on the server with the /say command is from "YOUR GOD". If anybody wants it, I can upload it.
In any case, you'd just need to replace the SFX with wussy clicking sounds, make the x-fire.bmp/.png files, the x-shell.bmp files, and the blood sparks all 1x1 green pixel .bmps, maybe make the x-bullet.bmp/.png files lighter, and change the blood files that appear on the gostek files; just some holes in the clothes when they take damage. Pretty simple, since you'd need to create almost no new files.

Personally I'll stick to the Nerf Mod.
it airsoft, it's called a "hit"

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline xSystemx

• Major(1)
  • Would you prefer the reaping, or the raping?
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 07:09:40 pm »
Shoudl I leave the standard Soldat weapons look or change 'em?

If you're still doing it, change them. And thanks guys, tell me when you're done if you're still doing it.

Date Posted: April 28, 2008, 10:45:31 pm
Is anyone working on this, or should I just let it die?
For text in your signature, you may not have more than 4 lines of text anywhere in the signature, and each line may not be wider than 70 characters.  Text may not be of a larger size than the default.
I violated forum rules and all I got was this lousy punch line.

Offline w00titsme

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 07:51:32 pm »
So...basically keep all the weapons the same and just edit bullets and bullet trail?
Tough.
Make your Coca Cola fresh!

Offline Exodus

• Camper
  • :<
    • All join the soldat steam group :D (if you have steam)
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 01:20:42 am »
So you just change the stats, make the bullets for the guns a lot smaller, make them in yellow or bright green (or other bb colours) and get rid of the shell, becuase nothing comes out?

Is there an M249 airsoft??
Thanks for standing still, wanker!

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 02:09:43 am »
Is there an M249 airsoft??

Lol! Yes
You never seen one?

I continue with the idea of the knife bullets.
Just changing the gfx of the knife and .ini a bit

EDIT: m249 mkII SAW airsoft video
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 02:12:16 am by -Skykanden- »

Offline Exodus

• Camper
  • :<
    • All join the soldat steam group :D (if you have steam)
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 02:18:12 am »
lol Ok, didn't look particularly good, give me an m4 anyday  :P
Thanks for standing still, wanker!