Author Topic: MP5 [normal]  (Read 17099 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
MP5 [normal]
« on: April 27, 2008, 01:40:55 pm »
The MP5 kind of sucks. It is outclassed by the m79 and the spas 12. I rarely see anyone with the mp5, personally the last time I used it the first thing I thought was "Shit, I meant to pick desert eagles!"

I think they could just use more damage.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: MP5 [normal]
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 02:00:57 pm »
I don't really agree with you about it being "outclassed" by the m79 and spaz. Depending on the skill of the player it can easily defeat those two weapons. It's as simple as keeping your distance and dodging at the right times.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind it if it got more damage, but only a tiny amount more.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 02:30:08 pm »
In 1.5 it's gonna be buffed a bit (+1 dmg and bink).

Offline Crib

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 03:19:46 pm »
Mp5 isn't really hard to use, the bullets goes differently than other guns. If you keep useing it, you will get use to it. ;]

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 03:26:29 pm »
Mp5 isn't really hard to use, the bullets goes differently than other guns. If you keep useing it, you will get use to it. ;]
Yeah but it isn't very good.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline 8th_account

• Soldier
  • Munitions Support
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 03:57:54 pm »
Maybe you're not very good?

Offline Kerrazyeye

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 04:06:37 pm »
Its a steyr with less speed/range.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 04:07:47 pm »
Oh, so thats why nobody picks the mp5 over an m79 or spas? Because I'm allegedly not good? Obviously I am the common denominator here.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 04:51:22 pm »
let me guess, you just hold down the shoot button till the bullet runs out? if you burst like 5 shot at a time, it's a fearsome weapon. i've used that in one of the server, and it really was worth it. it even distracts barret users. 
 m79? don't even be afraid of it, if you're on the ground and the m79 (newb)'s gonna shoot at you, just jump and then shoot *SIMPLE!* 
 spas? as everyone says, keep a range from them, know your range and arc, and then you'll just rape him up his ass also.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 07:07:49 pm »
Oh, so thats why nobody picks the mp5 over an m79 or spas? Because I'm allegedly not good? Obviously I am the common denominator here.

Define: nobody. And yes, it's obvious less people use the harder to master guns but that doesn't mean the gun needs a buff (take the spas or mp5 for instance).

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 07:57:23 pm »
In the few clanwars I tolerated, nobody ever used the mp5. It is very rare in pubs as well. Especially since the Steyr is for all practical purposes on most maps better than the mp5.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 08:36:45 pm »
that isn't completely true. two people in my clan use hk all the time. I see people using hk in small to mid size maps: from ash and nuubia to laos and ruins. besides, there are certified poonters with hk: lee, gigen, keiran, etc

maybe a small buff will do (like the current beta balance one) but it's certainly not a sucky weapon

Offline Bjarne Betjent

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 05:48:31 am »
It will be better in 1.5 though...

Offline BRADEN

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 01:26:03 pm »
MP5 is VERY powerful, I get scores like 70 - 10 with it.

Death is the solution to all problems. No man; no problem.
-Joseph Stalin

Offline InfS

• Major
    • On Myspace
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 02:34:33 pm »
3 captures and 10 kills, 10 deaths

;)
A lot of cheap tricks, but no real skill.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 03:29:06 pm »
maybe a small buff will do (like the current beta balance one) but it's certainly not a sucky weapon
This.

I alternate between the Spas and Mp5 depending on the situation. The Spas is not outright better.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 03:28:33 am »
MP5's my favourite weapon, and a VERY powerful one. And in 1.5, it's gonna get a little more powerful.

The trick is basically getting ABOVE your opponent, keep moving, spray them down or fire in short bursts (depends on the distance between you and your enemy). Make use of the bullet arc. Don't try to engage your opponents from below them ; you're likely to fail.

MP5's rivals would be the Ruger (provided the user has good aim), DEs (when against a very good DE-user, you are very likely to lose), Spas and itself.

M79 is easy... as said above, keep moving, be as unpredictable as possible, stay in mid-range if you know their gun is loaded. Once they fire a shot and are reloading, rush in and finish the M79er off within 3 seconds.

For DEs, why I say its difficult is because they can kill you in 3 shots quite quickly, and they have VERY similar bullet speed and arc as the MP5. If you can hit the DE-user, chances are, the DE-user can also hit you.

For MP5, it is a showdown to see who is faster, who can aim better and who is at the upper hand at the beginning of the fight.

Spas is quite a tricky one to fight against due to its large spreading area and incredible damage, also capable of killing faster than a MP5 at close range. You'd have to stay a distance away, which can be a problem since MP5 is more of a close-ranged gun and the Spas can still do some damage. Treat the Spas like a M79 ; stay mid-range, but instead of rushing into the Spas-user when he's reloading, keep moving and shooting.

No, I don't know how to use a Spas well myself and I do have problems fighting a Spas-user myself, but I believe that's how you can fight against a Spas-user.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 03:32:08 am by STM1993 »

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 05:41:31 pm »
Maybe the Mp5 could use a slight boost. Not much though. It is still pretty solid. It is the least used auto for me though now. Only really use it on small maps.

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 09:00:01 pm »
Hmm.. "nobody" uses the MP5, my ass. I use that more than any other gun in the game... MP5 is perfectly fine.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 04:45:05 am »
I seriousley have no fucking idea how you people could possible notice these.. small things :|

it's like driving over a pebble in a humma and detecting the shock.

I find MP5 a good weap for deathmatch, but for some reason I do not have much success with it in CTF, maybe it's just me and my playing style.  Seriousley, I do not care for weapon changes in 1.5.0 as long as minigun is more useful. 

Player since late 2007