Author Topic: MP5 [normal]  (Read 17100 times)

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
Re: MP5 [normal]
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 04:56:13 am »
Mp5 is so easy to own m79'ers and spas's.

Just worm XD. And spam nades, oh and i like to use socom with it, just incase you dont take them out :D
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline Bjarne Betjent

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 04:59:40 am »
Its an easy weapon to handle, but against good players with more powerfull guns, its almost worthless. So its should be a bit better imo.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 06:38:13 am »
Hmm, for some reason I found the MP5 can actually be very effective against the Ruger once it enters close or even mid-range.

Offline Pragma

• Soldier
  • Blood, Guts and Gunsmoke
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 09:15:31 am »
The MP5 kind of sucks. It is outclassed by the m79 and the spas 12. I rarely see anyone with the mp5, personally the last time I used it the first thing I thought was "bollocks, I meant to pick desert eagles!"

I think they could just use more damage.

No offense intended here, but please tell me this is a troll, flame or a joke.  :)

The MP5 absolutely slays on maps with close quarters, where long range weapons like the ruger and barrett are ineffective.  CTF_Ash is a prime example of this.

As a strictly m79-only player, I frequently find myself in a constant deadlock with mp5 users.  If I land a hit, I win.  If I miss, or are late to the fight, or I catch their knife instead, I loose.  It's that simple.

As for adding more damage to the things, I'll have to disagree.  I've seen mp5 guys take down at least two people in a cartridge if they have good aim.  That's on par with just about all the other auto and semi-auto weapons.

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake.  Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 10:53:39 am »
Current 1.5b changes which include dmg and bink boost are enough.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 10:57:23 am »
I think the new 1.5 balance for DEs, MP5, AK, Ruger and Socom are perfect, and if the Minimi just gets a bink of -8 instead of -12 (+4 to bink) it'd also be perfect.

MP5's getting +1 damage and +2 bink, so its two changed stats: Damage 103 ; Bink -9. Which is good enough.

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 09:44:42 pm »
I agree MP5 not my favourtie weapon, In My Opinion it sprays a bit too much, but it is good for close combat battles. but not so good for distance battles.  But I guess as I hear it's going to get souped up a bit ;D pretty Cool.

Offline boer

• Major
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 05:16:56 am »
nah leave it alone please. Its a weapon for pro's! In our local servers, all the good guys use it all the time.

Offline Maek|

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 01:27:34 pm »
mp5 is awesome wep right now, especially in R/S. I really commonly use it, it has high ROF and low recoil. It shouldnt be changed..
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 01:37:01 pm by Maek| »
Soldat since 1.0.5

Offline TheRedFlag

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 03:28:38 am »
My saying on M79s stands: 'noobs use noob weapons'.

As for Spas, if you're trying to get up close and personal with the thing, you're dumb. Also, certain weapons counter other weapons rather effectively. You don't see Barret users wanting a faster cooldown time because people kill them while they wait with automatic weaponry, right?

I like mp5, one of my fav weapons and it is easily underestimated. Have you seen the damage on it? It outdamages the Steyr and Minimi!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 03:33:41 am »
I like mp5, one of my fav weapons and it is easily underestimated. Have you seen the damage on it? It outdamages the Steyr and Minimi!

Having used the MP5 before, it's an excellent weapon, just that not enough people use it and it is often easily outmatched by the Aug, which is being nerfed.

MP5's getting a slight buff (+1 damage and -9 bink instead of -11). Well, I'm going to support that buff, because in case no one realizes in the Spas thread, ALL WEAPONS ARE GOING TO HAVE REDUCED BULLET PUSH, not just the Spas or Aug. One of MP5's true power comes with its high RoF and this also allows it to push enemies. Now with reduced bullet push, it's probably not able to push enemies as well as it used to. It's gonna have those buffs to make up for it, at least for now.

No one knows what the bullet push is probably gonna be, its about 50-80% of the original. We're gonna have a beta test for 1.5 soon, but don't ask when exactly, as it is always the standard answer of "When it's ready". Read the news.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 03:36:24 am by STM1993 »

Offline lubbersm

• Major(1)
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 02:02:08 pm »
I dont agree, i use the mp5 pretty much because it has a steady aim compared to the steyr AUG.
It also has a quick reload. I think that it owns harder then the steyr

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2008, 02:54:59 pm »
I dont agree, i use the mp5 pretty much because it has a steady aim compared to the steyr AUG.
It also has a quick reload. I think that it owns harder then the steyr
Lol I fell like posting this for a millionth time : have you ever played a gather/cw?

Offline lubbersm

• Major(1)
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2008, 05:05:18 am »
The mp5 has a typically steady aim. so you can own a sniper(barret or ruger) with it easy.
:d

Offline cunchy

• Soldier
  • D:!
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2008, 07:46:10 am »
AUG's aim > Mp5 Aim FYI. The Mp5 bullets basically "sprays" everywhere compared to an AUG.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2008, 11:14:25 am »
AUG's aim > Mp5 Aim FYI. The Mp5 bullets basically "sprays" everywhere compared to an AUG.

Well, the reason why people say MP5 is more accurate than Aug:

MP5 has movementacc 1, bink -11. Aug's is movementacc 2, bink -22. Furthermore, it is known that the Aug has this very weird bug which will be fixed in future, where ONLY the first shot is accurate ; any other shots after the first will shoot at a slightly upward angle. That's why some people say that the MP5 is more accurate.

I think people are also mixing bullet speed with accuracy. I'll make another thread regarding this.

EDIT:
Over here
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=28126.0
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 12:01:20 pm by STM1993 »

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2008, 04:03:33 pm »
STM1993 - In Steyr's case bink isn't a real factor... it can be easily controlled.
And I hope it's "bug" won't be removed, it actually increases it's accuracy (+I got used to it through these years :D)

Also, mp5 is *just* inaccurate (unless you're proning or crouching, then it's acc is amaizingly good) and Steyr isn't.
Bullet speed is also very important.

Offline cunchy

• Soldier
  • D:!
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2008, 10:33:13 pm »
I think its the firerate of the mp5 which makes it inaccurate.

Offline Xagonix

• Major(1)
  • Asian Pride!
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 05:41:18 pm »
I think MP5 is only good depending on the map.

It's a great weapon going in short to medium ranged combat. It sprays fast and has a quick reload.

The AK and AUG are medium to long range weapons, so it depends on the situation on what kind of spray you want to use.
-[ The Xienator ]-

Playing Soldat since 1.3

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2008, 04:14:36 am »
I use the MP5 extensively, it's the only gun I use other than the AK, no other gun suits my gameplay style. I love it, but a dmg boost will be great. Out of the automatics, the MP-5 does a lot of damage (103 I think) but the bullets are slow and it is hard to get the angle right, but once you have the hang of the angle, you can nail an opponent easy! The bullet-spray also allows you to aim at their general direction, and not miss. In realistic servers, the MP-5 Shines. Not too much recoil, lot's of bink, but fast fire-rate and quick reload. Good weapon coupled with nade spamming.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 04:19:03 am by Gnoblar »