Author Topic: MP5 [normal]  (Read 17098 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: MP5 [normal]
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2008, 08:19:50 am »
Out of the automatics, the MP-5 does a lot of damage (103 I think)

Errm... actually...

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=26975.0

^ Take a look at this thread.

Actually, you cannot just take a look at the damage at the weapon.ini... you have to consider the bullet speed. The MP5 is rivaling the Aug in terms of damage ; at a longer distance the Aug has more damage per shot, at a shorter distance the MP5 can do more damage per shot.

Anyway, the MP5 and AK are my two favourite autos. The MP5 is really good if you know how to master its bullet angle (which is very similar to that of DEs) and how to use it. As Gnoblar said, it is not bad for spraying in a general direction. I find that the MP5 is particularly strong in Air vs Ground situations. It is basically one of the fastest guns in Soldat ; use its speed to your advantage (fast reload + fast firing rate, basically an automatic version of Socom).

Offline BLANK

• Major(1)
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2008, 01:59:46 pm »
:o, why would anyone say something so silly about the mp5
its probably my favourite weapon and can defeat spas and m79 with ease if used well
mp5 ftw

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2008, 03:55:13 am »

Actually, you cannot just take a look at the damage at the weapon.ini... you have to consider the bullet speed. The MP5 is rivaling the Aug in terms of damage ; at a longer distance the Aug has more damage per shot, at a shorter distance the MP5 can do more damage per shot.

True, but the steyr's bullets shoot at a weird angle after about 10 continuous shots, it's crazy! The MP-5 is uber-powerful when you are at a height advantage, so always go topside if you have the MP-5.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 03:58:03 am by Gnoblar »

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2008, 05:48:33 am »
True, but the steyr's bullets shoot at a weird angle after about 10 continuous shots, it's crazy! The MP-5 is uber-powerful when you are at a height advantage, so always go topside if you have the MP-5.

Weird angle? Actually, the steyr aug fires at weird angles after the 1st shot ; it would fire slightly upward. Then like all other autos, self-bink will take effect after the 4th shot. As far as I understand about the Aug, you have to fire in short bursts, which is how aug-users control their weapon so well, making it one of the most accurate autos in Soldat.

Yes, it's true MP5 has the air vs ground advantage, as I said in my previous post. But beware of who you are fighting against. If you're using a MP5 in the air and fighting against a Ruger on the ground, you WILL lose given that the Ruger is at least slightly less skilled than the MP5-user. If you're fighting a Spas, make sure you kill the Spas-user before you reach the range where the Spas can kill in 2 or 3 shots.

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2008, 08:13:26 am »
My saying on M79s stands: 'noobs use noob weapons'.

As for Spas, if you're trying to get up close and personal with the thing, you're dumb. Also, certain weapons counter other weapons rather effectively. You don't see Barret users wanting a faster cooldown time because people kill them while they wait with automatic weaponry, right?

I like mp5, one of my fav weapons and it is easily underestimated. Have you seen the damage on it? It outdamages the Steyr and Minimi!

m79 is not a noob weapon! i agree that a lot of people who use m79's are noobs but there are some people that are very skilled with it. it is a hard weapon to use because if you miss you have a big reload time.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 08:18:50 am by adam01526 »

Offline bloodzcape

• Major
  • insomNia gaming
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2008, 03:24:27 am »
I use to use M79 and chainsaw but now i mp5 and combat knife,the mp5 is very good if u know how to shoot it ..most people will probably spray and pray wen ur meant to burstfire.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2008, 07:12:46 pm »
I find it quite efficient, but on contrary to what BCape stated, I do not burst with that puppy.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Kerrazyeye

• Soldier
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2008, 10:09:04 am »
I retract my statement from the first page....since ive started using it religiously, its a pretty damn good gun... (on realistic anyway)

Offline bloodzcape

• Major
  • insomNia gaming
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2008, 06:00:07 pm »
im just trying to find out whats the best way to use it :S when im alwys 1 v 1 mp5 matching i get pwned  :S

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2008, 06:14:28 pm »
Its either the aim, or the nade. Either way, bursting does not make it much more efficient.

Offline bloodzcape

• Major
  • insomNia gaming
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2008, 12:07:48 am »
what do you mean "nade"??

Offline -Zombie-

• Camper
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2008, 12:17:28 am »
Nade = Grenade = = google images

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2008, 02:17:15 am »
MP5 is obviously not as good for open spaces, in enclosed areas, I tend to air-prone for funnily straight bullets
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline bloodzcape

• Major
  • insomNia gaming
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2008, 05:42:33 am »
zombie nice sence of humour i no wt it is rofl i wnted to know wt did he mean nade liek nade after mp5 use or what?

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2008, 06:47:13 am »
fire three - five rounds, then throw a nade at the guy. Usually result in instakill. Classic CTF tactic.
It doesn't mean that you can't go for all aim .Respect for whoever that do but you have to be really really good at aiming.

Offline bloodzcape

• Major
  • insomNia gaming
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2008, 06:22:07 pm »
thanxx alot :P excru, ur helping me out alot :D

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2008, 02:42:04 am »
Mmhmm, grenading sometimes screws your aim up
What I do is while throwing the nade, start holding on your mouse button and aiming so that once your nade hits you begin shooting right
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline bloodzcape

• Major
  • insomNia gaming
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2008, 02:53:24 am »
so u mean chuck a nade or two then u just spray phsyco

Offline -Zombie-

• Camper
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2008, 03:44:41 am »
so u mean chuck a nade or two then u just spray phsyco
Throw a nade at your target, then straight after that shoot at the target (I'm pretty sure that's what he meant). It's not that hard, unless you don't know what buttons to press...

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2008, 05:00:38 am »
No one can really teach you how to use a MP5. But all I can tell you is that the MP5:

1. Has low damage per shot (consider its low bullet speed, if the enemy is too far, the Steyr Aug's damage per shot is higher)

2. However, it has a very high damage per second, due to its incredibly fast firing rate.

3. It has generally low self-bink and, in realistic, low recoil. This makes the MP5 very easily controllable. You don't really need to fire in bursts, because you shouldn't be shooting enemies from such a long distance away. Besides, its self-bink is low enough.

4. A very fast reload. One of the fastest amongst the primary weapons.

5. Remember, due to low bullet speed, it has SHORT RANGE (it's very bad for chasing running opponents) and a very obvious bullet arc.

6. Use the bullet arc to your advantage in terrain.

For autos, the general tactic is to shoot, throw a nade, shoot, OR keep shooting while throwing a nade.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 05:03:54 am by STM1993 »