Author Topic: MP5 [normal]  (Read 17102 times)

Offline bloodzcape

• Major
  • insomNia gaming
Re: MP5 [normal]
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2008, 05:03:49 am »
stm kk thanks alot you preety muich covered all the facts about the gun and alot of people are teling me about the curves and arcs of the gun,i dunno what that means :S

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2008, 07:41:00 am »
It means that your bullets don't fly in a straight line, they are falling after reaching certain distance...

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2008, 10:48:25 am »
mp5 imo is the easiest auto to use, its also the one with the most potencial in ctf.
Just don't let granade overshadow the need for aim.

too many times I see mp5s die from of a above average steyr. Mp5 is perfectly capable handling mid-range.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2008, 09:19:49 am »
too many times I see mp5s die from of a above average steyr. Mp5 is perfectly capable handling mid-range.

Really? I've always believed that the Steyr would beat the MP5er by just a bit.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2008, 11:32:06 am »

Really? I've always believed that the Steyr would beat the MP5er by just a bit.

Nope. MP5 has a higher DPS. The spread makes it difficult but its not impossible.

Steyr is inaccurate overtime. Steyr works well if you move slowly or hover, which all steyrer tend to hang around in that "range" of motion. Beyond that, it is hard for steyrer to keep the bullets straight.
Still, four shots + a nade can usually kill a guy, that is why steyr is so effective in ctf.

in conclusion, lead steyr out of his natural niche then its all good.
The lack of aim due to excess use of nade is a ctf player's greatest weakness.

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2008, 11:59:57 pm »
Yeah, I believe steyr and mp5 have similar, if not equivalent, damage per bullet.  The only thing that makes steyr advantaged in fights usually is its bullet speed and range, however in CTF, the situation where two players are charging each other kinda negates that, and gives the nading opportunity, so really it's not much worse than steyr.
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2008, 04:15:30 am »
Yeah, I believe steyr and mp5 have similar, if not equivalent, damage per bullet.  The only thing that makes steyr advantaged in fights usually is its bullet speed and range, however in CTF, the situation where two players are charging each other kinda negates that, and gives the nading opportunity, so really it's not much worse than steyr.
No, Mp5 deals more dmg with 1 bullet than Steyr, assuming that you're in it's effective range, on long range it won't do much.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2008, 06:16:19 am »
MP5 would do slightly more damage actually, but it depends on how far the enemy is. At a short range, the MP5 does more damage + its higher firing rate = better DPS. Slowly, somewhere at mid-range they would have the same DPS and any further, the Steyr Aug would be the one which can do more damage.

But you must also consider the time it takes for the bullet to reach the enemy.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2008, 09:00:55 am »
Platehead was 80% right. Mp5 does do more damage than steyr, but lack of range sorta balance it out. But in CTF player charging player situation, range is nothing.
so Mp5 will have the advantage.