Author Topic: !Elite Slicers  (Read 2623 times)

Offline darksonic45

• Major
!Elite Slicers
« on: May 02, 2008, 06:02:30 pm »
Someone was advertising a website on Slicers for free registration. When I called him out and told him to stop, he got all mad and pissy. Lucky for him, his admin friend came on and told me that it was legal for him to advertise the website, EVEN when the guy explcitly said that it was for free soldat registration. Are there any rules against this or was I wrong?

(I would post a screenshot but Photobucket is freaking out every time I try to access it)

EDIT: Here it is. I've had problems with the font being too small since 1.4 came out so, I apologize about that. I left the URL on it because he said he had taken it down and someone had already said it on the thread.

If you can't read the text, please tell me and I'll type it out.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 03:44:34 pm by darksonic45 »
lul

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
Re: !Elite Slicers
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 08:53:07 pm »
great..
can you just attach the screenshot, please?
And I'm sure Blaze is interested in the name of that admin.

edit: oh.. do black out the website url willya..
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 09:24:55 pm by JFK »
Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline Spasm

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF Owner
    • Elite CTF
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 11:46:40 pm »
As the owner of Elite CTF, I must comment.  I've been a registered Soldat player for many, many years and would never accept any such behavior from anyone connected to my site or in general.  Not only is it illegal for a "cracked" version of anything, it is unacceptable.  Not only has the website owner been banned from all of our servers, he's also been banned from our community.  We only try to provide a great playing experience to those who accept to be apart.
Owner/Founder- Elite CTF -  http://elitectf.com
OwnedVision - http://ownedvision.com
--An EliteCTF Production.
Snipe & Slice - Saw & Law - One Shots

Offline .::Blaze::.

• Camper
  • `LMS|Blaze^
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 10:56:22 am »
its chillyboarder or somtin like that. I am not sure who the admin was. I don't give the slicers password to every admin so i am sure i could find out easily. A screenshot would help alot.

I will ban him for slicers. I thought he was already banned but i guess not.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 10:59:05 am by .::Blaze::. »
hey little kid you want some candy, "yes". GET IN THE VAN!

Offline Chillyboarder

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 11:22:06 am »
I have taken down the site. Also Darksonic, you "called me out"? And you didn't say it wasn't allowed if I remember, you just said it was a scam/virus, and started talking about stuff you didn't know. Also, it was for free registration yes, but how did you know it was a crack, maybe it was a chance to win legit keys. No it wasn't, but still...And I'm sorry to the admin who helped me.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 11:41:00 am by Chillyboarder »

Offline darksonic45

• Major
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 03:35:07 pm »
I have taken down the site. Also Darksonic, you "called me out"? And you didn't say it wasn't allowed if I remember, you just said it was a scam/virus, and started talking about stuff you didn't know. Also, it was for free registration yes, but how did you know it was a crack, maybe it was a chance to win legit keys. No it wasn't, but still...And I'm sorry to the admin who helped me.
I didn't imply that it was a scam/virus, the screen shot shows proof that I said I thought it was "illegal" and not a scam or virus. I said that it was free soldat registration which I thought was against the rules. If it wasn't a crack you could have simply said it but you chose to let me go on believing that it was a crack, which with your honesty, you said it was true.

If anyone could give me a good image uploading site, I'd really appreciate it since photobucket isn't working for me.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 07:12:05 pm by darksonic45 »
lul

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 01:05:56 am »
If anyone could give me a good image uploading site, I'd really appreciate it since photobucket isn't working for me.

Did you try Imageshack.us ?

Anyway, I hope this advertiser is stopped permanently from these activities. Free registration is illegal, and hey, come on, Soldat is not owned by some big company, but by MM. Free registration isn't going to do him justice.

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 03:52:19 am »
Yes i remember this guy when i was playing. Im not sure about the freedom he has to advertise it.

However attempting to undermine soldat as a business by affecting its profits is serious. If that guy is tracked then presumably he can be charged for copyright or even worse.

Offline darksonic45

• Major
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 03:33:47 pm »
Anyway, I hope this advertiser is stopped permanently from these activities. Free registration is illegal, and hey, come on, Soldat is not owned by some big company, but by MM. Free registration isn't going to do him justice.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I really don't care if he was saying "Free WOW accounts" or something, but it was a game made by 1 man and helped by others.
lul

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 04:58:53 pm »
http://chillyboarder.com/

The guy who owns the site shut it down.

Offline Chillyboarder

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 05:47:02 pm »
Yes I shut it down. Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part Darksonic.