Author Topic: access violation at address 0053da72 in module 'soldat.exe' read of address  (Read 57259 times)

Offline Crazy Ninja

• Major(1)
Hey guys, I know there was a thread created about this just recently and was locked because the guy was thought to be hacking the game which supposedly created the problem. While the guy might have been hacking the game, I am not hacking and I'm getting the same problem that he has. (I don't really play online even)
The error doesn't come up at all during gameplay. After every match though, instead of showing the scoreboard and everyone's stats the pop-up comes up with the error. After I hit OK a few times, it will just skip the scoreboard and go right into the next match. While this problem doesn't take away from the actual gameplay, it's become really annoying and won't stop. The problem started after I had downloaded the patch for v1.4.2. I tried reinstalling it and that still didn't get rid of it, so really any help you guys could give me would be great.

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
Did you try uninstalling-removing soldat folder totally-restart pc-reinstalling Soldat ?

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
Try messing with your font settings for Soldat. You can find them in your Soldat folder, under .\Txt\fonts.ini
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline souljaboy88

• Major(1)
Did you try uninstalling-removing soldat folder totally-restart pc-reinstalling Soldat ?
of course i downloaded it and reinstalling it 5 times seriosly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Date Posted: May 03, 2008, 10:14:53 am
thats what happend to me i promise sware to god pls believe me i am an innocent man!!!!!!!!
pls join my clan soldat alliance clan

Offline Crazy Ninja

• Major(1)

Yep, didn't work.

Try messing with your font settings for Soldat. You can find them in your Soldat folder, under .\Txt\fonts.ini

And that's where the problem was. I was able to compare the fonts.ini file to the fonts-help text file that was also in there and was able match them up and correct the wrong number. Works good now, thanks for the tip SpiltCoffee.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site

Yep, didn't work.

And that's where the problem was. I was able to compare the fonts.ini file to the fonts-help text file that was also in there and was able match them up and correct the wrong number. Works good now, thanks for the tip SpiltCoffee.
No problems. Although the number isn't really wrong, it just happens to be that, for some reason or another, the bigger fonts take longer to draw and end up causing the program to do something funky and cause an AV.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline kkevink

• Major(1)
so what numbers did u change cuz im having the same problem

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
Try making some of the numbers smaller, specifically the value FontConsoleSize.

Offline Dethroned

• Major(1)
I recently figured out a way that worked for me to get rid of these access violations.  I have the resolution set at 640x480 and used the resized the window to 100%.  Maybe it only works for me but you can give it a try.

Offline loqo

• Major(1)
I have same error when game starts and cant even play soldat.
And nothing helps me.
Resizing,resolution changes.
This game is one big bug.

Offline oneironaut

• Major(1)
yep I also have the same problem:  "Access violation at address 0053DA72 in module 'soldat.exe'.  Read of Address 00000000"

It comes up after every round and when i try to check scores/in-game chat.  Please help.

Offline Nequil

• Major(1)
open font.ini in X:\Soldat\Txt, and try replace this:

[FONTS]Font1=BankGothic Lt BT
Font2=Lucida Console
FontMenuSize=12
FontConsoleSize=9
FontBigSize=28
FontWeaponMenuSize=8
FontConsoleSmallSize=7
FontHeightScale=12
5FontMenuBold=1
FontConsoleBold=0
FontBigBold=1
FontWeaponMenuBold=0
FontConsoleSmallBold=0
KillConsoleNameSpace=8

Offline paulochan

• Major(1)
Re: access violation at address 0053da72 in module 'soldat.exe' read of address
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 06:36:32 am »
isso funciona mesmo??? ::)

Offline crossfade666

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 01:43:52 am »
open font.ini in X:\Soldat\Txt, and try replace this:

[FONTS]Font1=BankGothic Lt BT
Font2=Lucida Console
FontMenuSize=12
FontConsoleSize=9
FontBigSize=28
FontWeaponMenuSize=8
FontConsoleSmallSize=7
FontHeightScale=12
5FontMenuBold=1
FontConsoleBold=0
FontBigBold=1
FontWeaponMenuBold=0
FontConsoleSmallBold=0
KillConsoleNameSpace=8
lol, when I replace the original with these numbers, my letters all turn into lines and dots :) these numbers are not working...=/
'  Fa1th  ~
Barret M82A1

Offline stt]

• Major(1)
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 07:24:32 am »
i don't know why this happens to some people but it's really annoying when you're trying to play the game for the first time and you can't, even when the solution is changing some fonts in a text file.

i mean, most of the time the person wont bother in trying to find the problem and instead will uninstall the game before even play it.

hopefully new versions has this fixed (or with a font number that works for most of the people).

thank god i pursue instead of uninstalling.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 04:21:50 pm »
well i just recently formatted my computer and I'm getting the same error...i changed the font size and it fixes the issue but it makes the writing too small. Anything I can do about this?
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline stt]

• Major(1)
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 08:13:16 pm »
i updated my graphic card drivers and it seems that the error is gone...

Offline M79Foxtrot

• Major(1)
OMG IT REALLY HELPS :D!!!!!
I just changed one thing in fonts (font console size 9 to 10) and it worked :D
after so many months of waiting, i can finally play again with the M79, yay!
THX Splitcoffee :D
M79 is a noobweapon? I´ve never seen noobs who won with it.

Offline EastSide

• Major(1)
  • CHEYEAHZS
???
 Access violation at address 004FB292 in module 'Soldat.exe'. Read of
 address 000000000.

and

Access violation at address 0051B7B4 in module 'Soldat.exe'. Read of
 address 00004B70.

and

Access violation at address 005023C9 in module 'Soldat.exe'. Read of
 address 00000030.

WHAT DO THESE MEAN AND HOW CAN I FIX THEM??

Any help will truly be appreciated!

Thank you in advance.
 ???

[Alphaguy] [Bravoguy]

ARGH!!!
~EASTSIDEKILLA~
          "Imma fill you up with more lead than a pencil factory!"

Offline Atomic

• Major(1)

Access violation at address 0051B7B4 in module 'Soldat.exe'. Read of
 address 00004B70.

I get that same access violation error when I try to start soldat.

Any ideas?