Author Topic: access violation at address 0053da72 in module 'soldat.exe' read of address  (Read 57443 times)

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
Did you read the posts in this topic to try and see if any of the solutions posted work for you?
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Zapurdead

• Major(1)
Okay, first off, turn off full screen, and enable resize at 100%, using the settings that were given to you (they're on the first page), and it should work.
It seems to not be able to handle the text when it is resized, so Soldat freaks out.

Offline swill215

• Major(1)
I have that problem after playing Soldat for +3 hours. I have reinstalled Soldat (more times than that other person that did 5 times), changed my font, tried a patch install (installed 1.4.2 first then installed patch to 1.5.0), some of the other things mentioned in this forum. AND IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!

Before I get that message, my keys suddenly don't work and sometimes my screen goes partially white. It is NOT an ATI card problem cause I'm using a NVIDIA 8600GT 1GB graphics card.

Does anyone know how to stop these initial problems?

Offline NTxC

• Major(1)
  • Scripter
I have that problem after playing Soldat for +3 hours. I have reinstalled Soldat (more times than that other person that did 5 times), changed my font, tried a patch install (installed 1.4.2 first then installed patch to 1.5.0), some of the other things mentioned in this forum. AND IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!

Before I get that message, my keys suddenly don't work and sometimes my screen goes partially white. It is NOT an ATI card problem cause I'm using a NVIDIA 8600GT 1GB graphics card.

Does anyone know how to stop these initial problems?
My guess would be either outdated video drivers or an overheating video card \ CPU (as for the screen going partially white).
:[ NT-Online Server Mod Coming Up! ]:
- Reward System - earn rewards for your frags...
- CVARs - configuration variables - to make the server administering easier...

... and more! Coming soon!

Offline Kirin

• Major(1)
if you have patched your xp or using this transformation packs, it makes it do that cos i realized it did on mine till i uninstalled it.i realized it only happens in certain servers on mine and sometimes when i start it up when theres some random programs running.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
Umm, most of these acces violations, especially the .dll ones come from screwed reg keys. The the txt file thing helps most people, just saying though, dont get cracked reg keys its bad news 100% of the time.
This coming from trying to help a friend who downloaded one. He had to do something to do with his system i dunno what but i think he lost ALOT of data

Offline russiankid

• Major(1)
guys somethings happening to me too go to my post http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=35134.0    also this is what my comp says (access violation of address 6D9EE684 in module 'd3d8.dll'. read of address 00000000) help me plz ??? soldat 1.4.2 works fine but when i click ok and the soldat menu screen pops up is says that

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
Looks more like an driver/directx related problem, try updating them both.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Atomic

• Major(1)
I get the SAME access violation error when I click on anything in Soldat. 

It has only started happening today!!!  >..<

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
If a bunch of people just started getting the same error at once, it's probably a buggy BE update that caused it.

Don't necropost and read the above replies, and use the search function.
There are other worlds than these

Offline look2kid

• Major(1)
open font.ini in X:\Soldat\Txt, and try replace this:

[FONTS]Font1=BankGothic Lt BT
Font2=Lucida Console
FontMenuSize=12
FontConsoleSize=9
FontBigSize=28
FontWeaponMenuSize=8
FontConsoleSmallSize=7
FontHeightScale=12
5FontMenuBold=1
FontConsoleBold=0
FontBigBold=1
FontWeaponMenuBold=0
FontConsoleSmallBold=0
KillConsoleNameSpace=8

Thanks, after trying several other methods this setup ended up fixing the problem enough to play the game. However i was able to make the FontHeightScale to 70% without getting the error.. Anyways thanks for all your guy's help and keep up the great work.   :)

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
Re: access violation at address 0053da72 in module 'soldat.exe' read of address
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2009, 10:58:38 pm »
anyone know whats causing this AV?

check out my server! click here

If at first you don't succeed, Improvise! :D

Offline swill215

• Major(1)
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2009, 04:24:07 am »
My guess would be either outdated video drivers or an overheating video card \ CPU (as for the screen going partially white).

The graphics card has excellent cooling and all of the latest drivers for it. The CPU is only 1 year old and it has been serviced twice due to RAM Errors. DirectX drivers are also up to date. Lets hope this issue gets better when I try to install Nvidia CUDA Drivers to improve the performance of the Graphics Card and the system itself.

All the errors are becoming worse as it is nearly impossible to start soldat without any errors.

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2009, 04:14:37 am »
anyone know whats causing this AV?

bump, anyone got any ideas? i cannot exit the game normally i have to use task manager
check out my server! click here

If at first you don't succeed, Improvise! :D

Offline PainX

• Major(1)
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2009, 05:19:00 am »
well i figured it out i guess... i have it only when i play with some map mods like zombie mods etc.

but when i play normal game wihtout mods its running great ^^

Offline russiankid

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2009, 02:42:37 pm »
 guys i got a problem too but its different its (Access violation at address 00504EA7 in module 'Soldat.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFF.) any help?

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
open font.ini in X:\Soldat\Txt, and try replace this:

[FONTS]Font1=BankGothic Lt BT
Font2=Lucida Console
FontMenuSize=12
FontConsoleSize=9
FontBigSize=28
FontWeaponMenuSize=8
FontConsoleSmallSize=7
FontHeightScale=12
5FontMenuBold=1
FontConsoleBold=0
FontBigBold=1
FontWeaponMenuBold=0
FontConsoleSmallBold=0
KillConsoleNameSpace=8

It's nothing to change, you must change FontBigSize=28 to FontBigSize=14...
Do it also in Soldat/Txt/Languages/Your_language/file.ini
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 06:59:37 am by machina »

Offline jrhindo

• Major(1)
Hey guys i am getting this:
Access violation at adress 00501ED9 in module 'Soldat.exe'. Read of adress 00000000.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
Scripting on servers like LRS makes this bug... LRS gather is the most buged script :P

Offline jrhindo

• Major(1)
Well this sucks it my favorite :/