Author Topic: access violation at address 0053da72 in module 'soldat.exe' read of address  (Read 57401 times)

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
I've got that some problem... ;/ Watch this topic and try do something, change Font1 and Font2 to other font... But remember to import this font into your Soldat :) It should little help...

Offline Von dauksch

• Major(1)
YAY! Got it working. The problem was not in the fonts, but in the soundcard. So I turned off the sound in config. POW! works!

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran

Access violation at address 0051B7B4 in module 'Soldat.exe'. Read of
 address 00004B70.

I get that same access violation error when I try to start soldat.

Any ideas?

Change Font1 and Font2 to bgothl...

Offline kunderez

• Major(1)
I've played soldat since 1.2 and I've never ever had this before, but today I finally got there "access violation" error messages... in menu...
If it really is related to some font.ini values the question is... how bad can the code be if it fails in font loading :D

Offline frosty

• Flagrunner
  • Uber Desert Eagle ^^
I've played soldat since 1.2 and I've never ever had this before, but today I finally got there "access violation" error messages... in menu...
If it really is related to some font.ini values the question is... how bad can the code be if it fails in font loading :D

maybe your games files have gotten corrupt

i had to reformat my comp now i have no issues, no access vios and i can even see bullet trails at long last :D
check out my server! click here

If at first you don't succeed, Improvise! :D

Offline ChronoSniper777

• Major(1)
    I get the same message randomly, when I get kills, I get killed, I press "t" to talk,   I press / to make a command, and when I get medals above "Masta Killer!" Yes, I did change all the fonts and played with it and nothing happened!  It happens in only certain servers and is really annoying.  I have keep pressing Esc! This severely impacts game-play for me, so if someone could help me...   ???   
Time on target. Take the shot.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
    I get the same message randomly, when I get kills, I get killed, I press "t" to talk,   I press / to make a command, and when I get medals above "Masta Killer!" Yes, I did change all the fonts and played with it and nothing happened!  It happens in only certain servers and is really annoying.  I have keep pressing Esc! This severely impacts game-play for me, so if someone could help me...   ???
Post here your font.ini file... I'll try to help you...

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
From my experience, and how you're describing it (ChronoSniper777) - a line is too long to be displayed. May depend on your killer/victim's name length.

If the line is in the console, first, you get AV messages until it moves upwards out of your screen. If you press T or / then, the whole console is shown, so it appears again - giving you AV messages until it totally disappears, which can take a while.

A tip for now: After the AV's disappeared the first time, don't press T or /, but use F5 a lot of times - until you're sure the line is gone from the console. Then you can talk again.

I changed my fonts as well, made FontConsoleSize a bit smaller. The values differ probably from system to system.

Offline SuperSissi

• Major(1)
Re: access violation at address 0053da72 in module 'soldat.exe' read of address
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2011, 12:43:22 pm »
From my experience, and how you're describing it (ChronoSniper777) - a line is too long to be displayed. May depend on your killer/victim's name length.

That sounds like an exploitable security hole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffer_overflow

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: access violation at address 0053da72 in module 'soldat.exe' read of address
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2012, 05:32:48 pm »

That sounds like an exploitable security hole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffer_overflow
Not sure if this isn't fixed already. Didn't see anything like that on the bugtracker so i guess it's fixed (if it's not on the bugtracker it doesn't exist). If someone still gets it. I guess then it has to be on the bugtracker.

You don't expect me to search though all the posts for bugs, do you ;)
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Vv00t-SN

• Camper
  • I aim to please!
    • fuck you skoskav & everyone else fucking with my profile all the time.
hi.

apparently, whenever people try to play ctf_Dropdown on our freshly updated 164 gather servers, they randomly receive loads of access violation popups like in the screenshot.
So far, Ive only heard of this issue on this particular map - but from a number of people.

I haven't had time to test or mess around with this yet, so I cant give any more helpful info at this point. Still, any ideas? Is this just our servers or a general problem?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 08:18:18 am by Vv00t-SN »

either this kid has a lightbulb up his butt, or his colon has a great idea.
Soldat Quote DB: http://qdb.soldatgather.com/

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
hi.

apparently, whenever people try to play ctf_Dropdown on our freshly updated 164 gather servers, they randomly receive loads of access violation popups like in the screenshot.
So far, Ive only heard of this issue on this particular map - but from a number of people.

I haven't had time to test or mess around with this yet, so I cant give any more helpful info at this point. Still, any ideas? Is this just our servers or a general problem?

I cant reproduce it myself so need a bit more info like: specs of computers and enviroment. also which soldatserver version is this(legacy or regular)? have they updated or is it a fresh install?

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Deadpool

• Major(1)
hi.

This bug happens to most or even all of the players after couple of minutes of playing Dropdown. I think it's the only map where this bug occurs.

Single player games look fine though.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:18:07 am by Deadpool »

Offline Devil2u1

• Major(1)
I'm getting this on ctf_dropdown too.

I'm running my own private server to play with friends over lan. I'm using a fresh install and running the regular server.

I have soldat running in 1366 x 768 resolution and is registered (im also using Dead Honeys Mod Pack). My friend is running 1366 x 768 unregistered. Having registered seems to change the text and interface size yet we still both get the error. I have tried to change text size as has been recommended previously but it didn't work. I have never gotten this error before.

Here are screenshots of both registered, unregistered and my soldat.ini.

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
I've had this bug happen myself, both online and offline on ctf_Dropdown. We'll look into it.

For now you should remove Dropdown from your map pool until we release a fix.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner