Author Topic: "Zombie" only bot.  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Stratus

• Major(1)
  • Strata Heartbreaker
"Zombie" only bot.
« on: May 05, 2008, 07:18:28 am »
We can make zombie more better...
like bleeding or else.

add zombie bot and bleeding effect when it's healthy.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: "Zombie" only bot.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 07:38:08 am »
I think this can be done be scripting. Explained in third paragraph.

Anyway, that's not a very good idea. The bleeding effect would cause the server to lag if the zombies are gonna appear in huge numbers and happen to saw each other with the saw in addition to their own bleeding and dead bodies and probably even bullets of weapons such as minigun or flamer (if they are allowed in server).

If you want to follow your idea, what can be done in scripting is probably to reduce the Zombie's HP to a very low amount, and then add a very specific amount of vest to the Zombie. This is so that the Zombie is just as hard to kill as if he had full hp and no vest.

I'm not sure for any other alternatives online gameplay though.

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 04:19:17 pm »
You could set theyr damage input lower and theyr life lower. that whould generate bleeding zombies. And whit no other differences. You so you know. I only know that its possible to fix and how. But i cant do it.
And i tdont think the lag is going to be a big problem. I dont know how MM bouild soldat but from my chair it looks like its client sided. (The all time bleeding not the "damage blood")
But i dont know. It just dosn't cause that much lag..
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 04:31:15 pm »
If you want to follow your idea, what can be done in scripting is probably to reduce the Zombie's HP to a very low amount, and then add a very specific amount of vest to the Zombie. This is so that the Zombie is just as hard to kill as if he had full hp and no vest.
You would see the vest.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 09:17:46 pm »
You would see the vest.

Good point, but bleh, that's the best possible idea I have.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 11:32:28 pm »
Anyway everytime you get hit, it takes away lots from ur vest and some from ur health, so if you had 5% health and 100% vest you would die from one deagle, Minimi, AK etc. shot maybe 2 or 3 HK shots will kill you
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 12:30:26 am »
Anyway everytime you get hit, it takes away lots from ur vest and some from ur health, so if you had 5% health and 100% vest you would die from one deagle, Minimi, AK etc. shot maybe 2 or 3 HK shots will kill you

That's the thing. We have to find the exact value of health and vest, in which the character looks like he's bleeding baddly but still able to withstand as much damage as a full-health but no vest zombie.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 02:19:07 am »
but the health would be like at least 1/2, and you don't bleed heavily at half health
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 02:28:54 am »
but the health would be like at least 1/2, and you don't bleed heavily at half health

Hmm, then I got a few other solutions:

1. The bot will be made with a low health. He will be given a vest to the exact amount (or slightly less) of a full-HP zombie. The zombie is granted invulnerability, but as soon as he loses all his Vest, he will die. Or at least, after losing all the Vest, he loses his invulnerability and will die in just one shot.

2. If you can change the ratio for the damage being evenly spread out to HP and Vest, then change the damge to do full damage to armour 100%. while the ratio to HP is changed to 0%. Then once his armour runs out (almost zero) or goes completely zero, just one shot and he's dead.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 02:32:24 am by STM1993 »

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 02:50:55 am »
A vest does not fully protect you from a bullet, only reduces the damage dealed.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 03:48:58 am »
A vest does not fully protect you from a bullet, only reduces the damage dealed.

That's why I said "If you can change the ratio for the damage".

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 08:57:37 am »
Or you could make the zombies spawn with very low HP and make the weapons very weak.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 10:37:01 am »
Or you could make the zombies spawn with very low HP and make the weapons very weak.

1. Ya that's the idea I keep forgetting. The only problem is what if they pick up medkits? I guess then if they pick up medkits, the system will reset their health back to the original amount they would have if they had respawned.

2. An alternative to making the gun weak is to increase the defense of the zombie, like in some zombie games, making them more resilient to damage. You know the level up system which causes your Soldat to be able to do more damage and withstand more damage? Yep, that same system applied to the Zombies, except it only applies to their defence and there is no level.

In 2, if you reduce the hp to let's say, 10%, which is 10 times less than the full HP, you increase the defense by 10 times. This way you don't even need a vest.

Offline Boblekonvolutt

• Soldier
  • "YOU are a CAR."
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 11:50:18 am »
Scripting is the answer... Just reduce their health when they spawn (to like 25%) and then make everything do 25% damage (but only to them).

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 12:02:39 pm »
It's possible to script damage input (like in hexer mod...) so it isn't a problem.