Author Topic: Access violation error... again.  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Rabbit

• Major(1)
  • Cowboy From Hell
Access violation error... again.
« on: May 04, 2008, 02:51:04 pm »
Hey, I know there's a lot of topics like this one and hope you'll forgive me posting a new one.

Alright, I havent played Soldat for about 9 months and I decided to play it again. I installed it and every time I try to join a server or start my own, it shows me that goddamn error: Access violation, blah blah blah.

I've read the ElSpec's tips:
1. Never cheat, or attempt to cheat - it's the most common cause of this problem.
I have never tried.
2. Do not use 'Reg. Cracks' On Soldat.
I don't.
3. Uninstall Soldat.
Done.
4. Delete the Soldat folder to remove any leftover files.
Done.
5. Restart your computer.
Done.
6. Install the latest version of Soldat.
Done multiple times.
7. a) For Windows NT/2000/XP: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'Windows\system32' folder. *
There's no file like that over there so I think it's fine.
8. Delete the file dxlog.chk in the 'Windows' folder*
As above.

Alright, what do I do? Do I have to wait for Soldat 1.5 or have you got some advice?

Thanks in advance.
S.D.M.F.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
Re: Access violation error... again.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 04:16:17 am »
Quote from: MM
Also, for people that get an error after pressing T or F1,
go to Soldat\Txt, open fonts.ini and change FontMenuSize
to FontMenuSize=13 (or higher number)
if that doesnt help change
FontConsoleSize=9 (or 10 or higher)

Tried that? Pretty much, just try messing with the font sizes, see if that fixes it.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Rabbit

• Major(1)
  • Cowboy From Hell
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 06:48:22 am »
I tried a few vary values but unfortunately it didn't help. Thanks anyway.

I unistalled Soldat once again, installed 1.4.1 and it worked. Then I installed the 1.4.1->1.4.2 patch but it still doesn't work. Any more ideas?
S.D.M.F.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 07:25:20 am »
Are you running Fullscreen? Have you tried running in Windowed mode? (and vice versa)

Have you tried setting your display's bitrate to 16?
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Rabbit

• Major(1)
  • Cowboy From Hell
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 07:34:47 am »
Still same bollocks. :(

I hope you're not running out of ideas, are you? ;D
S.D.M.F.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 07:40:27 am »
I'm starting to.

Could you post your system specifications please? (If you don't know them, you can run "dxdiag" in Start > Run, which gives you a good description of your specifications, including CPU, RAM and Graphics.)

Offline Rabbit

• Major(1)
  • Cowboy From Hell
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 08:06:28 am »
I attached my DxDiag report.

I know I've got the worst PC in the universe but I never had any problems with Soldat... I'll yet try to install the latest DirectX (I thought I had the newest one but the newest is 9.0e right?).

Edit: oh, I see I've got the latest version of DX, damn.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 08:08:21 am by Rabbit »
S.D.M.F.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 02:00:43 am »
Just wanna make sure... you have tried putting your display to 16 bits, right? (I don't mean Soldat, I mean your actual display. Like, right click on the desktop and click Properties, in that.)

Have you been able to play Soldat before on this PC?

Offline Rabbit

• Major(1)
  • Cowboy From Hell
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 02:44:13 am »
Just wanna make sure... you have tried putting your display to 16 bits, right? (I don't mean Soldat, I mean your actual display. Like, right click on the desktop and click Properties, in that.)

Yes, I have.

Yes, I have been able to play Soldat before. Dude, I have no problems with playing Soldat 1.4.1 (tried it yesterday). This goddamn 1.4.2 doesn't only work. My idea was only to install necessary files of the 1.4.1->1.4.2 patch, and keep gostek, weapon etc. files of 1.4.1. You know what I mean, to find out which file makes Soldat crashes. But I dont know how to do it, lol. If the patch was packed in .rar, damn...
S.D.M.F.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 06:29:32 am »
Well, I'm out of ideas. It might just be that this version has a bit of code that doesn't work right on your architecture, but I'm going to suggest you hold out to 1.5, and see if you can play that version. Someone else might be able to suggest something, but other than that...

Offline Rabbit

• Major(1)
  • Cowboy From Hell
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 01:46:54 pm »
Ok, well... Thanks anyway bro. ;)

Date Posted: 06-05-2008, 13:31:03
HELLYEAH! It works! Do you know what I did? I set the compatibility mode to 98/ME, lol. ;D
S.D.M.F.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 01:03:01 am »
*wacks forehead*

Completely forgot about that...

Ah well, good to know it all works now. :D