Author Topic: Magus 86's Gosteks & Guns  (Read 22676 times)

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
Re: Magus 86's Gosteks & Guns
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 09:02:17 am »
Do I detect some history between Magus and Espadon?

Look at his topic at soldatmods.tk ...

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 01:25:17 pm »
See ? It didn't even hurt to post it here and as you see much people like it and even many would like to see a progress. I have to agree they would look pretty nice with a shading, seriously you've got an awesome outlines there. Just wanna show you something, fast work with your work and it worked. You can add there many details and you AK-47 is a pretty good example, sorry for this. I just wanted to show you how you can add there shading or details.

See? Your weapons can be beautiful with some effort and I still know you don't care about my opinion but just think about it.

And with PNG support.

P.S- this is the AK-47 you've made, I just copied your pallete a little bit and improved with some shading.The outline is just slightly changed (because of my taste. doesn't mean you have to do the same)

I've the same statement as on soldatmods forums.  [pigtail]

EDIT: As I'm looking at the AK I can trully and seriously say that if you would do something like this (I mean shade it) it would be one of the best AK-47 around here, and even maybe the best. Try it. I swear you've got talent and with some harder work you can get much more downloads than from your friends :)

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 02:39:21 pm »
That's what I was talking about, but he just doesn't want it. You got people who are trying pretty hard but just can't get anything right, and then you get that rare person that actually has potential and is wasting it by jerking at anyone who tries to help him. The world is unfair, no?
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 04:19:54 pm »
The way I see it, it's less "trying to help" and more "venting your anger at the modding world on whoever pokes their head up".
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 04:42:09 pm »
You're coming late to the party and aren't aware of the original circumstances. Don't be projecting. You aren't any smarter than I am if you want to revive that discussion.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 06:51:51 pm »
Uh... for those of you saying my shading sucks, I didn't even try to shade it... I'm aware of the fact that you've never seen the colors on my wooden weapons.

If you're seeing my SKS as bright yellow, turn your brightness down, for christ's sake. The "yellow" ones are  supposed to be lighter wood colors. Wood does not only come in dark brown.

Hey look, there's an AK clone with some pretty damn light wood...

If you've never seen an orange AK magazine, then you've obviously never seen the original AK-74...

The detail I added was meant to kind of look like wood grain, but i don't think i quite got the effect I was going for...

No, actually it's not narcissism, it's called not caring what others think. There is a difference. I don't stare at myself in the mirror all day.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 10:09:44 pm by Magus86 »

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 07:19:19 pm »
You're coming late to the party and aren't aware of the original circumstances. Don't be projecting. You aren't any smarter than I am if you want to revive that discussion.

Yeah, I know he originally ripped the weapons. I read that before I replied. That doesn't make nearly all of your comments regarding mods any less asinine. And when the hell did I claim I was smarter than you? Do all of your arguments involve personal attacks, or is that just a last resort? *edit* Never mind, read that last bit wrong. Although if you think about it, it's not really "reviving" if you're still playing the victim.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 08:45:29 pm by Lord Frunkamunch »
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 08:09:41 pm »
Okay, here's the latest. I like the guns the way they are. I don't feel like messing with them anymore... Since some of you like my Gostek and my outlines, how about... if anybody out there wants to use them, shade the guns, and make your own mod with my weapon outlines, go ahead. I give permission to anybody. I never was good at shading... I'm more of a sketch artist.

not much changed this time...

I cannot say anything about gosteks, tehy are too magnificated! Put a pic from them ingame, and normal

Well, There already are some on the first page, but here's a wallpaper.

and here are 4 screenshots.

Just so you all know, these changes in the interface are not reflected in the download link.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 08:30:32 pm by Magus86 »

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 08:43:03 pm »
Okay, here's the latest. I like the guns the way they are. I don't feel like messing with them anymore... Since some of you like my Gostek and my outlines, how about... if anybody out there wants to use them, shade the guns, and make your own mod with my weapon outlines, go ahead. I give permission to anybody.

This gives me an idea...

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 09:40:08 pm »
I just added pictures of the pickup boxes, what the new grenades look like, and the new cluster interface graphics for the people who haven't yet seen them.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 06:55:31 am »
Oh, if you made that interface, is awesome! I really like it

Gostecks are nice, but the boots are too dark and big. Please add something like a neck, because the head is floating, lol

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2008, 07:16:28 am »
Okay, here's the latest. I like the guns the way they are. I don't feel like messing with them anymore... Since some of you like my Gostek and my outlines, how about... if anybody out there wants to use them, shade the guns, and make your own mod with my weapon outlines, go ahead. I give permission to anybody.

This gives me an idea...

^Hehe

Magus I don't see why you arent adding shading to your weapons.  Your interface is fine.. and has good shading effects but why not do this on your weapons?  Plus your GL-06 shape is starting to hurt my eyes.

Player since late 2007

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2008, 10:34:22 am »
Oh, if you made that interface, is awesome! I really like it

Gostecks are nice, but the boots are too dark and big. Please add something like a neck, because the head is floating, lol

hmm... I don't know how that happened. All I did to make the gostek is edit the original one and randomly place lighter and darker pixels on each body part, so it kind of looks like urban camo.

HairTrigger, what do you mean, "why not do this to your weapons?" you mean my in-game sprites??? How am I supposed to shade/add any detail? most of them are only 2 pixels tall... I'm not a shader, but I know it would look at lot better with at least 3 or 4 different shades... but only 2?? no, i'm not doing that.  And also, my interface has no shading. NOTHING I made has any shading...

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2008, 10:40:17 am »
Please add something like a neck, because the head is floating, lol

hmm... I don't know how that happened. All I did to make the gostek is edit the original one and randomly place lighter and darker pixels on each body part, so it kind of looks like urban camo.

Yep, the neck is floating. You can see it in the latest picture of the gostek.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2008, 11:23:47 am »
whats with everyone and shading. You don't have to shade weapons to make it great. IMO in game is much more important than interface gfxs. It much harder and take more skill to make something that look good with when you can only manipulate few pixels.

AK has a great shape, HK(4) should have a different color for the handle. That you need some shading.

The shape of GL-06 is too thin and need changes.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2008, 05:36:54 pm »

If you're seeing my SKS as bright yellow, turn your brightness down, for christ's sake. The "yellow" ones are  supposed to be lighter wood colors. Wood does not only come in dark brown. *

If you've never seen an orange AK magazine, then you've obviously never seen the original AK-74...**

No, actually it's not narcissism, it's called not caring what others think. There is a difference. I don't stare at myself in the mirror all day.***

*Since you claim not to care what other people think then why did you post a revised version with a darker SKS? See below:

** Yes I obviously haven't seen the original AK-74.. That's because I did the AK-74 in my mod with my eyes closed. The upper AK in that photograph you're showing us is a different picture from the one below and was obviously taken in a different lighting setting. Personally I don't like the orange magazine sheaf (the magazine itself is not orange, the orange is just a cover on the magazine to help grip when inserting and removing the magazine) so in my mod the AK-74's magazine doesn't have a sheaf.

*** You obviously do care what we think. If you didn't care then why would you show us this mod in the first place? Why would you take the effort to argue that you don't care and show us photographs of real guns and re-release the mod with a darker SKS.

If you're going to post a mod - even if its your first mod you need to be prepared for criticism. You can pretend that you don't care and you probably in actual fact only half-care since apparently your weapons are ripped anyway.

The best mods have a lot of love and attention put into them.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2008, 07:31:47 pm »
You don't have to shade weapons to make it great.
That you need some shading.

Make it look great... unhhunh.

IMO in game is much more important than interface gfxs.

Heartily agreed -- used to ignore menu graphics altogether but once you get more experience modding you'll realize they're a huge part of the mod -- you don't mod, excruciator.

*** You obviously do care what we think. If you didn't care then why would you show us this mod in the first place? Why would you take the effort to argue that you don't care and show us photographs of real guns and re-release the mod with a darker SKS.

I realized that the direct approach isn't always the best approach to help someone. Yes, it's the smarter way but some people aren't prepared to admit defeat. We're making some headway here with him starting to evolve his mod and there's no need to make him turtle back into stupidly defending himself for the wrong reasons.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2008, 08:16:26 pm »
HairTrigger, what do you mean, "why not do this to your weapons?" you mean my in-game sprites??? How am I supposed to shade/add any detail? most of them are only 2 pixels tall... I'm not a shader, but I know it would look at lot better with at least 3 or 4 different shades... but only 2?? no, i'm not doing that. And also, my interface has no shading. NOTHING I made has any shading...

The interface has shading, the ammo bar and everything, and the grenades?  What the hell are you talking about..

Player since late 2007

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2008, 09:58:54 pm »
if by the interface, you mean what I call the HUD, then yes... it is shaded... But That's not part of my mod. It's from another mod, and I forgot I even had it. So Ignore that. As far as the grenades, the only reason they're shaded is because I just redid the color. I already had the original files as a guide for what should be lighter or darker. I have no such files for the interface graphics because I made the pictures myself.

Yeah, I saw the head was floating.. so is the torso, actually. I always thought that something didn't look quite right, but I couldn't put my finger on it. By the way, I like the exaggerated large boots.

There, it's fixed.

Also fixed the Colt .45 sprite.

I didn't make the SKS darker, I added some small details... to try and make it look like wood grain. That's not shading. This is like the 4th time I've said that. Hooray for reading comprehension/memory retention!

If you made the mod with your eyes closed, then obviously the picture of an AK-74 in your head is wrong.

Hmm... According to this website: http://www.ak-47.net/ak47/mags/index.html
The AK-74 mags are made out of bakelite, which is dark orange or reddish brown in color. It specifically mentions a metal insert in the bottom of the magazine. Now if it was just a sheath as you say, then why would they need to insert metal? What, did they cover black bakelite with orange bakelite? That wouldn't make much sense... Now go the hell away.

First Attempt...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 01:16:19 am by Magus86 »

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2008, 01:40:56 am »
Hey Magus, after shading the interface looks excellent! I love it man.