Soldat Maps & Mapmaking > CTF/INF maps

ctf_Oracle (waypointed)

<< < (10/10)

jrgp:

--- Quote from: nosejj on April 30, 2018, 02:09:35 pm ---WOW! This map is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! Looks great as 4vs4 - 5vs5 map! I wish there'd be a down-scaled 3v3 version of this! Seriously this looks like it's out of fucking Tomb Raider! :D

Only thing I dislike is the stairs in the middle section, rather it'd be one slope instead.
And also, I think the texture was changed within 1.7.1, It doesn't display the one in the pics in this thread anymore. :(

--- End quote ---

It really is a pretty map. What's even crazier is how the download link in the original post http://individual.utoronto.ca/caek/ctf_oracle.zip all the way from 2006 still works, 12 years after the fact and probably 10 years after Anna left us. That's some serious lack of link rot.

nosejj:
So I tried to point my finger at what exactly bothers me in this map, and what do I think will make it a better map and suitable for competitive 3vs3.

1) It must be downsized. the scale is too big for 3vs3 setting.
2) The lower routes have to be mirrored, my illustration shows only 1 spot that should be equalized. by the whole route should be mirrored.
3) The textures were beautiful, and now probably replaced. I don't see these beautiful bricks anymore.

I really hope some pro mapper picks this map up and fixes it.

Here's the illustration for some more suggestions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version