Author Topic: Soldat Server Script Line Number Finder  (Read 2567 times)

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
Soldat Server Script Line Number Finder
« on: November 21, 2010, 04:55:59 pm »
Hello.

I got fed up with trying to work with a large script and with an error being spit out at me, not knowing at all where it is at in what file. That is why I made the Soldat Server Script Line Number Finder (SSSLNF for short). Have the executable in the directory with the includes file, and it will load the includes and all the files it lists. Enter a line number, and it will spew out what file you are asking for, and where in that file.

This application was meant for the Soldat Server, so if you get an error with the scripting core with a line number, all you have to do is run this little app and it will tell you exactly where to look, not one line above or under the actual line (it takes into account the 1 offset of the line number scripting core shows).

I haven't actually tested this with other versions of .NET, but .NET 4.0 should work.

It may have been possible to accomplish this simple task with a batch file, but due to my unfamiliarity with batch files, I have no idea. If you can make a batch file which can do this task, feel free to post it here, as the user no longer has to download anything, but rather copy some text in order to get the job done.

Attached is a rar file containing the executable, and a batch file. The batch file simply reruns the executable after it ran once (I use something similar with my Soldat Server).
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 04:58:52 pm by DorkeyDear »