Author Topic: Battlefield Heroes  (Read 3537 times)

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
Battlefield Heroes
« on: May 16, 2008, 09:44:43 pm »

It's going to be out soon, i can't really wait! The game looks amazing.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 09:50:10 pm by Wolf_Man »
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline Blazing Tiger

• Major(1)
  • lolwut
Re: Battlefield Heroes
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 09:54:28 pm »
Team Fortress 2 what?
IGN: Anal Glaucoma

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 09:57:35 pm »
Team Fortress 2 what?

lolwut?

Yea, they made it look like TF2.
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 10:50:05 pm »
I watched the vid a while ago.  Looks great fun!

Btw:  you hav to watch the vid if you wanna know what it is ;)

4 lazy ppl:
http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/videos/release-announcement

Player since late 2007

Offline Blazing Tiger

• Major(1)
  • lolwut
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 01:28:40 am »
I watched the vid a while ago.  Looks great fun!

Btw:  you hav to watch the vid if you wanna know what it is ;)

4 lazy ppl:
http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/videos/release-announcement

For a high quality version of the trailer, go here.
IGN: Anal Glaucoma

Offline Rainbow Concussion

• Major(1)
  • goddamned batman
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 02:55:59 am »
For a high quality version of the trailer, go here.

Oh, I C wut you did thar...  :|
BRIX SHAT.

Offline Hundkeex

• Major
  • boycott the supervise
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 06:16:51 am »
I hope the beta and full game will hope soon. I've been waiting 1 month now.

New teaser is here! http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/videos/customization-teaser

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 06:21:40 am »
Everyone says that this game is a whole lot like team fortress 2. But they are wrong, this game will be a whole lot worse than TF2. I know people don't like to make that claim before the game even comes out, but the people who will play this game are the people who are too cheap or too young to buy TF2. This game's community is doomed mostly because the game is free. It will attract all the little kids that I have been harassing on TF2 and then some.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 06:30:11 am »
Hope it's optimized good, looks pretty resource heavy even with the cartoon graphics.

Everyone says that this game is a whole lot like team fortress 2. But they are wrong, this game will be a whole lot worse than TF2. I know people don't like to make that claim before the game even comes out, but the people who will play this game are the people who are too cheap or too young to buy TF2. This game's community is doomed mostly because the game is free. It will attract all the little kids that I have been harassing on TF2 and then some.

First of all.. soldat is free too?

2nd: You just made a judgement on the game before it's released..

3rd:  Shut up

Player since late 2007

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 06:38:54 am »
OMG THER IS DIS GAEM BFHEROES!11!11!11!1 IS SAME AS RUNESCAP OMGWTF!1!!1!11 LETS PLEY IT XDD
Banned

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 08:09:32 am »
BF:H is a battlefield game and it's free. TF2 is not even close to it in any way except the artistic style which is similar. We all know how fun BF games are and now you'll be able to customize your character which will make it even better.

OBEY!!!

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 08:47:03 am »
BF:H is a battlefield game and it's free. TF2 is not even close to it in any way except the artistic style which is similar. We all know how fun BF games are and now you'll be able to customize your character which will make it even better.
Yes every FPS would be a better game if we could dress them up like we're still doing in Habbo Hotel.
Banned

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 11:53:05 am »
If I was a WWII veteran I'd be pissed off.

They've turned WWII into a light hearted "comic" video game.

Hope it's optimized good, looks pretty resource heavy even with the cartoon graphics.

Are you speaking from game design experience? No. Didn't think so.

Cel shaded graphics actually use less resources because the majority of surfaces are textureless and so can simply be given flat colours (or very, very basic textures). The detail and sense of depth really comes from lighting and lightmaps which aren't straining at all as long as your graphics card was produced in the last 7 years. In order to pull off the look, however, models do require a higher polycount for lightmap effects to appear smooth. The only really taxing thing will be foliage which will require a good graphics card to look any good at all.

From what I can see, Dice and EA have just thought... "hmmm Team Fortress 2 is doing quite well... oh it's about time we made another Battlefield game.... Wait a minute. How about a cel shaded cartoon Battlefield game!!"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 11:55:50 am by Mangled* »
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 12:30:18 pm »
Because we all know TF2 totally invented cartoon styled games...

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline Lapis Lazuli

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • One Hand Clapping
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 12:49:41 pm »
Cave Story ripoff?
Steam ¤ Skype ¤ Soldat Wiki ¤ Need Help?
"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do,
it bears your signature." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline 8th_account

• Soldier
  • Munitions Support
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 01:27:40 pm »
http://www.videogamer.com/news/25-04-2008-8133.html

"We developed our art style in January 2007. At that point there were very little images out there from Team Fortress. As more details about Team Fortress came out we said 'well there's a similarity here because we're both cartoony, shall we change and go realistic again?'. But no we decided we wanted to keep going. The alternative would have been another gritty, realistic WW2 game and everyone's fed up with those. We really believe in our style and we're just going to go ahead and do it."

Just googled your ass there, Mangled.

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 02:14:51 pm »
This game looks awesome! but no ragdoll physics???? lame.
Holy Poop!

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 02:55:35 pm »
Because we all know TF2 totally invented cartoon styled games...

http://www.videogamer.com/news/25-04-2008-8133.html

"We developed our art style in January 2007. At that point there were very little images out there from Team Fortress. As more details about Team Fortress came out we said 'well there's a similarity here because we're both cartoony, shall we change and go realistic again?'. But no we decided we wanted to keep going. The alternative would have been another gritty, realistic WW2 game and everyone's fed up with those. We really believe in our style and we're just going to go ahead and do it."

Just googled your ass there, Mangled.

+this is way better then TF2, it's free for download, create your own character, and hopefully won't have damn 5yearolds screaming in thyre mic everytime thy get killed or get a kill.

Offline Hundkeex

• Major
  • boycott the supervise
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 03:22:57 pm »
Dont mind Flaming, 4-years-old and others, they're just afraid that everyone will start playing Battlefield and TF2 will be left empty.

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 03:23:12 pm »
BF:Heroes will probably have more 5 year olds screaming in their mic because mommy won't stop them from downloading a game with gore 'n killing 'n stuff.

edit: yes everyone will see that bf:heroes is way more superior and just drop the game they bought and had fun with since the first seconds they've bought it.
Banned