Author Topic: Bot does not react to Ruger?  (Read 3128 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Bot does not react to Ruger?
« on: June 09, 2008, 07:32:48 am »
I don't know why. On some zombie servers I have played, when I used a Ruger or Barrett or even a Chainsaw (maybe even fists but haven't tried that), the bots do not crouch and stop moving horizontally. They will still continue to charge as though you weren't using them. No, I was not holding any flag.

How is it possible?

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
Re: Bot does not react to Ruger?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 03:55:12 pm »
maybe you could have used the search function or just glance at this forum.

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=24138.0
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=27139.0

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 04:08:18 pm »
Errm, I do not want it to ignore me or avoid me.

I want the bot to charge at me. And the bot's setting is:

Camping=0

It's not working... or it can't be fixed?

Offline CrashMan

• Major
  • ... Is that so?
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 02:15:59 pm »
I always wondered about that, myself. It seems bots will keep their distance if you carry specific weapons like the Ruger or the Barret.

If we could understand why that is, that'd make it a whole lot easier to fix. (For you, of course. Me? I kinda like it.)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 07:32:05 pm »
I just don't get how some servers overcome this. I've seen zombies charging at me (no camping, without fear, no crouching) when I'm using one of those weapons.

I wonder if it's there on purpose or not. But whatever it is, I believe that it triggers some kind of thinking for the AI. For example, bots, upon seeing a nade, will immediately run away from it. If there's a flag nearby, they will automatically run towards it even if they can't see it (Realistic included).

The problem is, I don't get why it happens with those weapons when they have certain weapons.

Ruger and Barrett. I don't see a reason why they should stop and slow down, crouch, and start shooting if they have a gun, even though it makes them more accurate and the chances of getting hit by them is higher. If its a Barrett, understandable, as its supposed to be a camping weapon. Ruger? No, that's very weird, since Ruger's supposed to be running around and shooting.

Chainsaw and Fists. I see a good reason for this though, only if the Bot has a proper gun. No doubt the bot should always avoid getting too close to the saw and fists, for they will either be killed or drop their weapons and they should shoot from a long distance away. But if they have fists themselves or a chainsaw or even a knife on their own, why aren't they charging? Especially since bots can't throw a knife (but scripting can help, there was once a zombie server where the zombies could throw knives).

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 01:08:39 pm »
They fear one-hit-kill weaponz and stay there. It's useful when you don't want to be killed... Just use it and no1 will come near you.

Offline ChaosKiiD

• Major(1)
  • ya
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 01:43:28 pm »
They fear one-hit-kill weaponz and stay there. It's useful when you don't want to be killed... Just use it and no1 will come near you.

Read

Errm, I do not want it to ignore me or avoid me.

I want the bot to charge at me.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 08:05:38 pm »
They fear one-hit-kill weaponz and stay there.

Then that doesn't make sense. M79, LAW, Knife are 1-hit weapons, while the Ruger and Fists are not a 1-hit weapons. Why don't the bots avoid the M79, LAW and Knife and charge in at Ruger and Fists?

And yes... I WANT THE BOT TO CHARGE AT ME. I'm asking if there's some way to do this even if I'm using the Ruger or whatever weapon, because in some servers the bots are able to ignore that and charge at you. The |KNS| Free Level Zombie server or something like that displays this.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 08:09:58 pm by STM1993 »

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 08:07:46 am »
Ask MM maybe? Didn't him code Soldat so he knows why the hell the bots do that?