Author Topic: Magus 86's Rogue Spear mod  (Read 20589 times)

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
Magus 86's Rogue Spear mod
« on: May 17, 2008, 12:49:20 pm »
For those of you who remember what Rainbow Six was like before ubisoft raped it, I present to you my Rogue Spear Mod.

!!UPDATE!!

I've changed the weapons-gfx files so some of the guns are shorter. I felt they were too big after examining them closely one day. Updated download link.

I also updated my M14 interface picture and made a regular(brown wood) M14 interface picture, as well as regular M14 weapons-gfx files.

Note: This mod contains a modified weapons.ini file, which changes the way the guns behave when fired. Every weapon has recoil, but not nearly as much as the "realistic mode" that comes with Soldat.

Ignore the gostek shown in this picture. It's from another mod, but I used the same style boxes with this one.

The same goes for this picture. Ignore the gostek.

Download Link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20436548/RSMod.zip
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:14:42 pm by Magus86 »

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear mod - WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 01:28:01 pm »
Please save it as png or bmp :/
I like the weapons, but... could you tell me why is m14 in 4 slot? i think that would be better put m16 as it

Put a picture with better resolution, i cannot see the shading well

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 01:37:03 pm »
M14 is in 4 slot and not M-16 because M-16A2 doesn't have full auto. and as I already said, I also messed with the weapons.ini file. and there will be more messing with it. and as far as the Jpeg is concerned, my bad... I was in a hurry, and photobucket automatically converts bitmaps to jpegs.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 01:45:00 pm by Magus86 »

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 01:53:22 pm »
I created a brust mode, is just changing rate of fire, it works as auto, but if you make it longer it wont, do whatever you want :P

Code: [Select]
[Steyr AUG]
Damage=50
FireInterval=30
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=135
Speed=750
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-40
MovementAcc=4

Modify the bullet to 3
like that

Code: [Select]
-- _ -- 

EDIT: The shading is ok is some weapons, in the USP and HK23 is soo poor amd plain

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 02:02:40 pm »
Ugh please don't perpetuate the pseudo tripleshot thing!
3x30 = 90 shots a mag? And what about the shelleject?
It doesn't work [well].

Does the Dragunov outline bother anyone else besides me?

Finally, it's usually a good idea to use an outline all the way around if you're using outlines [which you are for the most part]. Such as.. the M16 handle. The stuff isn't bad up close [say 2x zoom], but to any person just taking a glance it's going to be like, "whoa, that gun sticks out like a sore thumb," you know what I mean?
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 02:04:33 pm »
I just tried that, and how the hell is it 3-round burst? It's just really slow full auto.

The way it is right now, M-16A2 is semi auto.

Yeah, I see that it sticks out, and I don't like it either, but the problem I'm having is that if I outline the carry handle, it looks too fat...

EDIT: I was wondering... If I change the gun names in weapons.ini, is it still going to work?

Oh, and what's wrong with the Dragunov's outline?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 05:39:15 pm by Magus86 »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 02:09:31 pm »
The M16 handle outline is definitely doable. Trick to advanced pixel work is that you can't think of stuff in very direct terms. Sometimes you need to force two lines to work together as one. Uhm, I think I made totally no sense to most people there but...

Wish you made your SOCOMs a bit smaller since they're molesting the poor MP5 below them.

As for the tripleshot thing -- he wants you to mod your bullet-gfx so that it has 3 bullets in succession. So... every one [real] bullet looks like 3 bullets and you need to chain your firing sound 3 times in one file. I don't recommend it -- but that's just me.

Changing weaponnames in .ini will NOT work since they are entitynames, not displayed aliases.

EDIT: This isn't a full mod [secondary weapons...?] so it belongs to Partial Modifications [especially since this isn't the final release -- ini is obviously still WIP]. Not a biggie but don't follow the examples of all those illiterates that randomly post WIPs in this forum section. Surf might move it... although he has been lazy and hasn't moved threads in ages... >.<
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 02:14:01 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 02:49:37 pm »
images not working???
*edit*
nevermind, thy are there now suddenly :s

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 02:52:49 pm »
probably because I just updated one a minute or two ago, and it looks like you posted right around when I was doing that...

Sorry...  it's not a complete mod yet, it's going to be. So I figured it should go here. I'm leaving the knife, chainsaw, and law alone because though they're not in rogue spear, I want them to be there for the sake of having different types of weapons. I might try to change the graphics, but I'm not making them into completely new weapons.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 02:55:04 pm by Magus86 »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 04:16:11 pm »
It doesn't have to be completely changed [saw -> defibs], but when most people think of a mod they expect the look of all the weapons to be different [it's kind of like the disappointment when you find that 'New! McBuff Wings' are just repackaged McWing scraps]. Feel free to make two threads in the future though, one for WIP in General/Partial [usually General nowadays] and when you're finished, one in Full/Partial [depending on how hard you modded it].
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 12:57:59 am »
It's good to see you into your weapons.  Are you gonna do anything with the last 3 weapons?  The rest of the mod is screaming RPG at me :/

Player since late 2007

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 03:32:16 am »
screaming RPG at you?? what do you mean by that, exactly?

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 03:48:52 am »
You should make law an RPG because that would go well with your current weapon choice

Player since late 2007

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 03:51:12 am »
As I see you really give a damn about what people say and your shading is deffinately better.
M14 looks really plain for me so maybe some darker white for better shading.

And your GL-06,Dragunov and RPD are from your previous mod. you just recolored/reshade them.

But serously weapons in progress never belong to full modifications and + as you said you won't change the knife,soccom and chainsaw that means you already knew this shouldn't be here.

EDIT: better ? by the way I'm not yelling.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 06:53:20 am »
Wow, Dairy, never heard you yell in all caps xD
He probably didn't know what constitutes a 'full mod' -- eh, just give him the benefit of the doubt. It's better than, ah... that porta guy...
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 03:45:31 pm »
Don't want an RPG, Rogue spear has no such weapon. I'd rather leave the law the way it is than go thru the trouble of making a weapon that's not in the game my mod is based on anyway. GL-06 remains because it makes more sense for a SWAT-like group to have than any other GL I know of. Rogue Spear has no GL, but I don't want to replace it with just another gun. So for the sake of diversity in weapons, it stays.  Rogue Spear has dragunov, Walther WA2000, Barret, & PSG-1. Dragunov has always been my favorite sniper rifle. default Soldat has a Barret already, WA2000  looks like too much of a pain in the ass to make, and I don't really like PSG-1. RPD is now replaced by RPK because while Rogue Spear has no MGs, the expansion pack, Urban Ops, has an RPK.

And actually, I didn't change anything about the 3 guns you mentioned, dairy... Also, this is more than just my interface gun pictures...

EDIT: OK, I have it about where I want it, but willl most likely tweak the weapons.ini a bit yet. I need to see how things play out. so far so good, but the sniper rifle changes don't seem to be welcome in my games... Anyway, I'm going to update the first post with a download link for what I guess you'd call a beta.

Hmmm, I guess nobody gives a shit about my mod...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 04:47:14 pm by Magus86 »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
Re: Magus 86's Rogue Spear mod
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 10:50:32 am »
Didn't you say before you didn't care?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 10:52:26 am by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 03:50:37 pm »
I've said it already in your other mod topic... so I'll just quote myself.

I wouldn't call it a full mod since you didn't bother to replace the minigun, chainsaw, knife or LAW.

Also.. a thing I note is that 4 of these weapons are the same ones as from your Gosteks & Guns thread... but simply slightly altered. Can't you make some new ones?
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 07:11:37 pm »
1st - this isn't replaced into other section in matter this is just weapons in progress or unfinished mod or whatever it calls.

2nd - is it just me or the cursor isn't mirror imaged ? The right side lacks two pixels. I guess you can find it out at your own, just look at it. Maybe it's because of some "antialiasing" made in-game. I might be wrong.

3rd - RPD could be better with drum mag, what mag is in Rogue Spear ?

4th - The Rogue spear doesn't have knife ?

5th - by the way you could make the knife remake, same to chainsaw and LAW, just look for some pictures on google and make them in your style, same for minigun. Looks weird default mixed if some new weapons with different style

Offline Magus86

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2008, 01:43:21 am »
Actually, I said no such thing about this mod. I really DON'T care(that's why i'm not changing weapons); I was merely noting how in the beginning, people seemed interested, and then I got no respones for several days.

The mod is finished except for the weapons.ini file, which needs to be tested and tweaked until I'm totally satisfied with it.

Yes, I could change the graphics for the knife, chainsaw, and law, but what's the point? Like I said, those weapons don't exist in rogue spear, but I'd rather leave them there because they add more gameplay elements than just another pistol or rifle. NO, ROGUE SPEAR DOES NOT HAVE A KNIFE. It has no melee weapons at all. Rogue Spear contains a team called RAINBOW, which is a swat-like counter terror organization. As far as I know, SWAT doesn't usually stab people. In fact, their objective is to not kill anybody and not fire a shot at all if possible. It's not a bunch of soldiers thrown into a war.

Also, I don't care if 4 of my weapons are close to something I had before... That's because the REAL guns are close too... There isn't a whole lot of difference between an AK-47 and AK-74 except for the caliber and materials used to make them. I picked my favorite RS weapons of each type, with the exception the Benelli and the MP5SD5... Because default soldat already has a spas-12, the other shotgun in RS. And with the MP5, there's an A5 in soldat, which is closer to an A4, which is in RS... I NEVER use SD5, but it's farther from what default soldat has, so I picked it instead. I already explained why I chose the dragunov. And guess what else... UO has a SAW, but I never liked it, and it's already in default soldat. It's called the FN Minimi... So I went with RPK/RPD... Whichever one I pick, it's going to either look similar to or be something from my previous mod... and I don't care, because that's further from default soldat. What's your point if the same weapons appear? I don't know if you noticed, but I changed more than the graphics... Why is everybody so damn obsessed with the interface gun graphics anyway?

RS has 3 7mm rifles. G3A3, M14, AK-47... AK-47 was in my last mod, the AK in default soldat looks more like a 47, and I used the G3 in my last mod. Plus, M14 is my favorite gun... doens't matter which I picked, SOMETHING would have been the same or similar to either default soldat or my other mod.

RS has 5 5mm rifles. M-16A2, M4, Steyr AUG, Enfield L85A1, AK-74. Steyr is already in default soldat. I see M4s way too damn much, plus I went with M-16 to replace the ruger(couldn't seem to find a way to change it from semi auto, and that's fine. Plus, I can't have 3-round burst anyway, so a semi auto M-16 is fine with me). I don't need two armalites. I never liked the L85A1 too much. and the AK-74 was always my backup to the M14.

So the answer is NO, I will not make new weapons. My choice of weapons came from Rogue Spear. I will make accomodations if I have to, but I will NOT go out of my way and waste my time to make a weapon that's not even in the game the mod is based on.

Actually the RPK isn't in Rogue Spear at all. It's in the expansion pack, Urban Ops... but it's close enough... and to be totally honest, right now I can't recall if it is in fact an RPK or an RPD. And I'm not 100% sure whether it has a mag or a drum either, but I'll find that out tonight when I install RS and UO.

I just double checked the cursor image, and yes, it's mirrored.

*EDIT* Apparently UO has an RPD, not an RPK. There also is a 3rd LMG, HK21 something or other... since my RPD is already made, I'm going with that.

EDIT: Changed the delay on the barret, added some recoil, changed the hat to another helmet with the goggles over the top of the helmet instead of the soldier's eyes.

Date Posted: May 21, 2008, 10:28:28 pm
update: chainsaw has been changed.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 03:14:13 pm by Magus86 »