Author Topic: Best Weapon?  (Read 8615 times)

Offline SpeedKill

• Major
  • {AC} SpeedKill
Best Weapon?
« on: May 23, 2008, 02:47:20 am »
Hey All, Im SpeedKill.
I need to find a good weapon, so if you could please help me in finding one that would be great.

Yours Sincerely,
SpeedKill
Leader of {AC}

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
Re: Best Weapon?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 02:49:33 am »
There's no best weapon. Pick weapons based on your own playing style and the map/situation at hand.

Give us some examples of what types of game you play, and how you do it, and we can start recommending weapons.

Offline SpeedKill

• Major
  • {AC} SpeedKill
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 02:54:36 am »
okie dokie, well. I usually always play CTF..... I Keep getting killed, i use the 79 wep. and the Berrett....
And i dont know how people get 100 kills so fast
Leader of {AC}

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 02:56:34 am »
Maybe you're not cut out for the more finesse-heavy one-hit killers like the M79 and the Barrett (people will also hate you less...). What can I say except to try out every weapon and see what else you like? I'm more into automatics, myself.

Offline SpeedKill

• Major
  • {AC} SpeedKill
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 03:05:12 am »
okie dokie, ill get back to u on what i like.

Date Posted: May 23, 2008, 04:01:31 am
..... None of them worked...... I still keep dying alot and they make me miss more D:.
What is the most popular weapon among people?
Leader of {AC}

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 03:05:15 am »
Firstly, it's not always 100 kills.
You play CTF, right?
Capping gives you great points (20, usually).
But some players are killing machines..
As Zero said, know your style.  Do you like auto or semi, if you've tried 79 and barret?
If you like auto, would you prefer fire rate, more damage per shot, or what?
The more "fire rate and reload" autos are MP5 and Aug, damage per shot would get you into AK and Minimi, though minimi has pretty good fire rate too.  You have to try them out to see.
Semis are quite unique - try them out too =D

EDIT: What have you tried?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 03:09:47 am by Platehead »
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline SpeedKill

• Major
  • {AC} SpeedKill
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 03:10:40 am »
Ok, But, is it just skill?
i want an even mix of things, i prefer the heavy weps. Cuz im a hopeless aim with the light weps.
Leader of {AC}

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 03:16:04 am »
Ok now-
If you overshoot (put your cursor beyond the enemy),
Go to the options and enable sniper line.
Now you should see a dotted aiming line which gets thicker as you put your cursor further away from you.
Get a barret..
Try sitting there and shoot at people.  They may call you camper, but hey, you're learning.  Practise your aim like this.
Make sure the person is being "cut" by your aiming line then fire.  I prefer to "cut" them at the torso because lag may cause them to eat your shot if you aim at their face or foot.
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline SpeedKill

• Major
  • {AC} SpeedKill
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 03:17:52 am »
Awesome! Thanks. ill Try That :D
Leader of {AC}

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 03:20:49 am »
but SpeedKill stay away from the minigun :D
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 03:21:54 am »
Keep in mind that if an auto user comes at you and starts shooting you, your aim gets inaccurate (just a sniper thing).
The best way to solve this - get good at aiming and snipe him before he can see you.
You do know that crouching or proning makes you see further, right..?

^^Sure stay away from minigun.

Offline SpeedKill

• Major
  • {AC} SpeedKill
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 03:22:12 am »
Meeeeeh, i find the sniper line very distracting, but thanks for trying, i see most people in game say that the 6'th wepon is the best?

Edit:

@Platehead, yes i do know :D

@pavliko, ok ill stay away from the minigun o.o
Leader of {AC}

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 03:24:00 am »
That one.. is very similar to barret.  Except time between each shot is less, and takes to head/body shots to kill, I think.
Legs can go to three? I'm not sure, I'm not fond of the ruger xD

EDIT: Try it out! It shoots fairly straight for a while so yeah.
You may like it!

EDIT*2: What secondary do you use? Just wondering
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 03:25:38 am by Platehead »

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 03:26:30 am »
If you play realistic try the Desert Eagles from close and normal distance if no...
than your the sniping type .
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 03:28:07 am »
I would, however, recommend starting with normal mode.  Get used to the game first

Offline SpeedKill

• Major
  • {AC} SpeedKill
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 03:29:27 am »
okie.... Im really bad at shooting, i get killed once every 5-10 secs..... with a sniper
Leader of {AC}

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 03:36:49 am »
You'll get the hang of it.. what weapon do you use now? Still sniper?

Offline SpeedKill

• Major
  • {AC} SpeedKill
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 03:37:44 am »
Ummm, mix between the Uzi thing, and the sniper and the M79....
Leader of {AC}

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 03:46:47 am »
Ok
With the Uzi thing, I supposed you are talking about MP5. 
Get close to the enemy to maximise the number of shots that hit. 
I have no idea why, but when using autos, if I hold on jets, let go, hold on, let go, etc, I shoot straight.
Not tapping jet, but holding it on for 1-2 secs, let go for 1 sec, etc
Works for me, but again I got no idea why.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 03:53:09 am »
Hmm, depends on your play style you use a different weapon. Let's see, you like the more powerful gun eh?

Lke what Platehead said, use your sniper line, it can help a lot. After some practice with aiming, learn how to overcome movementacc (don't move or jet at all for a brief moment and shoot). I'll recommend some weapons:

Desert Eagles - Desert Eagles are very good and powerful weapons. They can kill in 3 shots (6 bullets, since each shot fires 2 bullets). Although really powerful and accurate, this is not a pick-up-and-use weapon. It has a very awkward bullet curve, so you will need a lot of practice and patience when you use this so that you can actually aim the DEs with the curved bullet angle.

Ruger 77 - Ruger 77 is a hybrid of DEs and Barrett. Pretty fast, kills in two or three shots, accurate and a high bullet speed (there is a visible slight curve which can make aiming over long range pretty tough unless you've mastered the bullet angle). It has some movementacc, so when using a Ruger you can treat it a bit like a Barrett.

Barrett M82A1 - If you've been practicing your aim with Barrett, you may want to consider using the Barrett. It's pretty easy to aim with the very high bullet speed (very little curve when shooting over long distances, almost none at typical range). Once you've learnt how to run-and-gun and counter movementacc and mastered the timing for the startup time, I suggest you continue using this.

The key to using the Desert Eagles and Ruger in particular, is not to shoot as fast as possible. Take your time to aim. It doesn't matter how slow you are, as long as you can make every shot count. With practice, you can aim faster and then you can speed up your shooting.

If you're looking for autos, here's some help for what you want. According to play style, I'd recommend the Aug though:

MP5 - This gun is very fast, but has short range due to bullet speed. A good choice for rushing.

AK - If you like to take things slow and steady, this is your gun. Slow, but has a high damage per shot, and a higher bullet clip of 40 instead of 30.

Aug - This gun is VERY versatile. The only disadvantage is that it has a low damage per shot and damage per clip, but it makes up for its accuracy, high bullet speed and high rate of fire.

Minimi - A more specialized version of AK. 50 ammo, higher movementacc, lower damage per shot, slightly faster. It has the major disadvantage of having a very long reload.

For secondary, some info to help you on what to pick:

USSOCOM - Highly recommended for starters. It's a pistol, quite similar to DEs. Very fast reload, fast-firing, 6 bullets can kill from its 12 bullet clip. Pretty accurate, just low bullet speed. It's good as a backup and finisher weapon.

Combat Knife - Very popular. You throw the knife at enemies and get one-hit kills. Hold down to throw further and at higher speeds. If the speed of the knife is too low, it will not kill in one-hit, which defeats the purpose of the knife.

Chainsaw - Are you fast, agile and love to rush in? This is not a bad weapon then. A melee weapon you can use to slice through opponents. This is more of a ground-based weapon.

M72 LAW - An anti-tank weapon that fires a missile. Like a Barrett, you hold down shoot to fire. You must be on the ground in a crouched or proned position.

I haven't recommended you to use Spas because it is a pretty advanced weapon as well, and is very specialized for close-quarters only and has some tricks when using it. But if you are very interested with the Spas, I'll tell you.

I also didn't recommend the minigun because it isn't a proper gun.

I didn't say a thing about the M79 earlier, because M79 is just a very easy-to-use weapon. Get quite close, aim, estimate, click. Boom instant kill.

If you get killed quickly and easily, it probably means that you need to work on your agility, like backflipping, rolling, superman etc. But more importantly, is to get your aim right.

If your aim is still very poor despite a hell load of practice (you need patience), then I suggest you not to use the semi-autos. Use an auto like MP5, AK or Aug.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 04:05:29 am by STM1993 »