Author Topic: Best Weapon?  (Read 8977 times)

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
Re: Best Weapon?
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 03:59:39 am »
nice STM1993
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 04:00:11 am »
and the minigun isn't a proper gun

QFT.

STM nicely summed it up for you as he has done for many other threads - follow what he says and choose your gun.
For you (SpeedKill), I recommend law or ussocom.  As a barret user, you may find yourself facing enemies while reloading which is when you pull out your law.  ussocom is useful if you see a low health guy (identified through bleeding) and don't want to waste your oh so precious barret shot on him, especially if you have a habit of missing.  MP5 works well with law (You use it, right?) as MP5 is close, law is far ranged and can cover up for your long range difficulties
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 04:03:43 am »
^ Oh btw, I made a couple of edits, like I always do, added a few stuff.

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 04:11:10 am »
Another thing - don't get over annoyed if you get killed too much!
What's the aim in Soldat for others - to kill you (and your team in team games)
The best way to avoid being shot is to quickly shoot the person who is going to shoot you before he manages to shoot you.
Works every time.  So it's better to get your aim right first.  =D
Hope to see you ingame, SpeedKill, maybe give you a couple of tips once I've seen how you play.
I myself am not too good..
STM1993, I've wanted to see you ingame for a while.  Are you as pro as you sound? I doubtlessly think so. =D
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 04:12:56 am »
STM1993, I've wanted to see you ingame for a while.  Are you as pro as you sound? I doubtlessly think so. =D

No. I'm not that good of a player, but I can give the advice and teach. I'm recently using a Ruger and Socom. Sometimes a Spas-12 in some maps where the Spas-12 begins to get an advantage.

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 04:27:55 am »
So, SpeedKill, how are you going with your aiming?
Decided on a favourite weapon yet?
Essentially, the "Best Gun" is the gun you're the "Best At".

Offline SpeedKill

• Major
  • {AC} SpeedKill
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 05:53:48 am »
Omg! thank you very much! this will help so much :D i saved the website and ur message in a text doc! Thanks :D
Leader of {AC}

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 08:37:53 am »
Learn the knife! Since i guess you play normal it's the ultimate killing weapon for people who know how to aim. Or a way to get people into corners you want them in.
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 08:42:28 am »
Learn the knife! Since i guess you play normal it's the ultimate killing weapon for people who know how to aim. Or a way to get people into corners you want them in.
Don't use knife as a primary weapon, you'll fail hard that way. They will simply kill you from distance.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 08:55:17 am »
Knife should never be treated as a Primary weapon. I've met one who did that a few days ago. I easily killed him because of that, since he always searches for his knife instead of actually pulling out his Steyr Aug and shoot me back before he looks for his knife.

Knife is a last resort or instant kill *ranged* weapon that can also be used in the air. Yes, ranged, because it's supposed to be thrown, though the range is very short. Like most semi-autos (except Spas) and 1-hitters, the knife is a either-you-hit-or-you-miss weapon. Though not a knife-user myself, I'll tell you some ways a knife can be used quite effectively:

1. The moment you see someone, you throw the knife at him. You miss, means you just draw out your Primary and start firing. You can go and look for the knife later, or scavenge for another weapon.

2. Last-resort. Out of ammo? Draw it out, throw. If you miss, start spamming nades or switch back to your primary and reload it. You'd never know if you could hold out long enough to counter-attack. However, in this situation, chances are, if you miss, you can say goodbye.

3. If you think it's gonna be a waste because your knife's definitely gonna miss, there's a little trick. Just quickly switch weapons. You'd cancel your throw, switch to your Primary, and you still keep your knife as your secondary.

The knife is basically the weapon of extreme ends, as you can see. You can use the knife to stab (1-hit), or you throw it over a short distance (may not kill if speed is too low). Either you hit, or miss. Either you kill, or you don't. Either you win, or you lose.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 08:58:07 am by STM1993 »

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 08:55:47 am »
Stat Summed it up great for you, but I wouldn't even try to start off in public servers. Because more than likely you won't get better with a weapon if you're constantly getting owned. Host your own private server and go against some bots starting on the easy difficulty gradually increasing the difficulty as you get better. That's how I started and I'm above average with every gun available.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2008, 09:04:31 am »
Stat Summed it up great for you, but I wouldn't even try to start off in public servers. Because more than likely you won't get better with a weapon if you're constantly getting owned. Host your own private server and go against some bots starting on the easy difficulty gradually increasing the difficulty as you get better. That's how I started and I'm above average with every gun available.

Well, it depends person to person. Bots can be easy to train with for a start. But after that, you have to play in online servers to get the rest of the skills, because simply, bots are not as smart as humans. Besides, bots don't know how to do some stuff that we can, such as backflip.

Playing with bots helps build up confidence. A good bot to help train purely aiming would be Boogie Man. If you want everything together, you have to play with other bots. Training with bots is a slower process, but you can slowly pick up little tricks.

Playing online straight away is basically for fast-learners and those who don't back down so easily. Once you're online, you experience everything, from the most basic to the most advanced. If you are very lucky, you can actually get some of the people to help and teach you. This method is faster, but you have to learn even faster.

So if you're confident, keep playing online. If you're not so confident just as yet, try fighting bots for a start.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 09:06:54 am by STM1993 »

Offline Scarab

• Soldier
  • I don't have personal text.
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2008, 03:48:52 pm »
okie dokie, ill get back to u on what i like.

Date Posted: May 23, 2008, 04:01:31 am
..... None of them worked...... I still keep dying alot and they make me miss more D:.
What is the most popular weapon among people?

Its just you suck. No offense. :S

Try playing bots.
I don't have a signature

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2008, 06:32:09 pm »
We had a topic like this a while ago. There were some good tips and tricks. I didn't throroughly read through this thread, so some things may have been suggested already. http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=24747.0
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

woo

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2008, 06:38:29 pm »
Rambo bow.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 09:16:36 pm »
nice STM1993
You'll get to know him a lot more when you go to the weapon discussion section.
And yeah, pick whatever you want, if you feel like you can't rush in like others, use some long ranged weapons as Ruger or Barret.
If you want to have some adrenaline pumped into your hands, then I recommend Deagle, AK, Aug, MP5, Spas-12, and Minimi.
If you just want to be supportive and screw around, then use minigun :D
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2008, 10:18:19 pm »
We had a topic like this a while ago. There were some good tips and tricks. I didn't throroughly read through this thread, so some things may have been suggested already. http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=24747.0

Yeah mate
That was me
To think I've been trying to help you and I myself was like you just three months ago

EDIT: This is to SpeedKill, not you snow =)

Offline SpeedKill

• Major
  • {AC} SpeedKill
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2008, 11:24:19 pm »
Soz Guys..... I have made a choice on my Favourite Wep :D

*Drum Roll*.............. Ruger 77!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Shall copy ur guide again, seing as u have changed things.
Anyway, i still like the Berrett and the M79, but the Ruger owns all.... :D
Leader of {AC}

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2008, 03:34:00 am »
Huh, little ironic that you would decide to pick up the Ruger after having a hard time with the Barrett. I always thought of it as more of a support weapon for team matches. ...Wait, you play mainly CTF. That works.

Glad you found something that works for you. Keep practicing up.

Offline SpeedKill

• Major
  • {AC} SpeedKill
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2008, 06:49:23 pm »
Yea, im practising, i use knives alot.

Still getting used to that slight angle when you fire long distances.
But, getting better.

Can you 1 hit kill (Head Shot) with Ruger?
Leader of {AC}