Author Topic: Best Weapon?  (Read 8896 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: Best Weapon?
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2008, 06:59:44 pm »
Yea, im practising, i use knives alot.

Still getting used to that slight angle when you fire long distances.
But, getting better.

Can you 1 hit kill (Head Shot) with Ruger?

You can't kill in one head shot for any weapon in Normal mode. But if it is Realistic, Ruger can.

Here's some factors to determine whether the Ruger kills in two or three shots:

Hitting the head does 115% damage, hitting the torso is 100%, the leg is 90% in Normal mode.

Head + Head = 2 - Kill
Head + Torso = 2 - Kill
Torso + Torso = 2 or 3 (possibly because of bullet speed, not 100% sure)
Head + Leg = 2 or 3 (estimated)
Torso + Leg = 3 - 1 more shot
Leg + Leg = 3 - 1 more shot

Notice that as long as you hit the head, your next shot will definitely kill (unless you hit the leg then maybe not), and vice-versa.

Anyway, when it comes down to the Ruger, just aim and shoot, don't bother so much about hitting the head, leg or body. But of course, if you can, aim for the Body (torso), because it has quite a large area and you can be sure that you may kill in 2 shots. Also, the torso is in between the head and the legs. If he moves up slightly, it still hits his leg, but if he moves down, it hits his head. And Ruger has only 4 shots per clip.

I don't recommend aiming for the head because it is very easy to miss. One slight movement and you will completely miss. I only recommend you to do so if you are extremely confident that you can hit and finish off that guy before he runs away or if it is Realistic mode.

On a side note, Grenades kill in one hit on the leg, may not kill instantly on the body, does not kill in one hit if it explodes on the head.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 07:10:20 pm by STM1993 »

Offline SpeedKill

• Major
  • {AC} SpeedKill
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2008, 08:57:06 pm »
Kk, i use Ruger and AUG. Aug and Ruger own!
Leader of {AC}

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2008, 10:09:18 pm »
Hey speedkill.

I've been playing with you in pubs, and see that you've been using the chainsaw a bit.

Personally, saw is an excellent weapon. Firstly, you should know how to use prone properly.  Always, the idea of it is to flank them or take their legs.  Don't use it 100% of the time cause people might pick up your tactics and use it against you.  Change your style of attack every now and then.  To flank people unexpectidly, approach them head on, using jets, Go prone and disable jets, pointing the saw at the enemy.  When they come down out of the air at you, stand up in the air, and use the jets to boost your way up behind them, if done fast enough they will keep going, and possibly be pointing the other way, so you can easily strike them in the back, or legs.  (This is also like jousting, it often all happens in a split second)

I usually only use saw low, as it's really tight on some maps you can own a lot of gunners down there.  In open terrain, you really need to move.  Use the terrain to your advantage, spot out a place where a poly may go vertical, and jump off it.  These are very useful when they are pointed in the general direction of an enemy. 

Also, here's a cheap-o one.  If approaching another sawer (usually low) and there is like a small gully or dent in the terrain in-between you and him, that's enough to conceal your whole body, go prone and fly into it, as if you are laying down in a trench.  Aim your saw up, at an angle towards the advancing enemy, or as the terrain goes most of the time.  If done fast enough, he would expect you to face him head on, or go for his legs, but you went even lower, and as he's adjusting to the sudden change of expectations, he runs ofer the trench and your saw tears off his legs.  Just make sure you duck into the trench as close to him as possible, or he'll just saw the ground as he runs over and clean you out of the hole. 

That's just a few tips.  I'm still working on some of those tactics..  but yeah gives you a general idea of saw tactics.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 10:46:57 pm by Hair|Trigger »

Player since late 2007

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2008, 03:53:18 am »
Sweet mate!
I'm one of those people who use a saw as primary.
Read my avatar message.  That's what I do with saw.
I basically do Hair|Trigger's thing
So I basically pretend to go in for the classic superman kill which seems to work half the time, then I unprone back out (knocks them offguard if they have bad sensitivity xD), turn around (200% sensitivity) and do the superman kill to their unprotected back.
That way, it's less embarassing if I miss, and I miss less.
But if you see 2 enemies, NEVER do that - when you're done with the first, your back is to enemy#2.

Glad you picked up the ruger, VERY efficient weapon.
STM, I'm sure you know barret and 79 kills in 1 headshot in normal mode =P

EDIT: another tip - ruger is an awesome killer if you combo it with a nade - due to its low fire rate and perhaps aiming mistakes, you may need to fire 3 or 4 shots to kill which takes quite a bit of time considering the fast pace of soldat.  So learn to nade well - 1 nade + 1 shot should kill if they didn't eat anything
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 03:55:28 am by Platehead »
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2008, 06:01:27 am »
Asking for any tips how to play?
1. Spam nades.
2. Finish your wounded enemy (with anything other than 1-hit).
3. Take nadebox.
4. Spam nades.

Best tactic ever. :d

Offline PewPew430

• Major(1)
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2008, 07:59:40 am »
Sorry offtopic but; HairTrigger, what is the font used in those "diagrams"? (the white text)

SpeedKill, if you are using Ruger, I recommend you lower your mouse sensitivity as it usually helps (for ruger) - although, you should really use what's comfortable for you. Using a lower sensitivity might take a while to get used to, but can dramatically improve your aiming and your game overall.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2008, 08:08:03 am »
best tactic, download at almost max speed, as Lag > skill.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2008, 08:54:13 am »
Using a lower sensitivity might take a while to get used to, but can dramatically improve your aiming and your game overall.

The only flaw to low sensitivity is the fact that you can't turn around and shoot quickly when the enemy moves very fast. Also, it depends on the mouse. I use a Razor mouse and I had to set to 25 sensitivity in order to get the same sensitivity as another mouse with settings as 100 sensitivity. It's all dependent on your style and preference.

Offline Evil Noob

• Major
  • Cluck Cluck-Moo
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2008, 09:25:45 am »
but SpeedKill stay away from the minigun :D
Lol.

Offline SpeedKill

• Major
  • {AC} SpeedKill
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2008, 05:14:45 pm »
Hey speedkill.

I've been playing with you in pubs, and see that you've been using the chainsaw a bit.

Personally, saw is an excellent weapon. Firstly, you should know how to use prone properly.  Always, the idea of it is to flank them or take their legs.  Don't use it 100% of the time cause people might pick up your tactics and use it against you.  Change your style of attack every now and then.  To flank people unexpectidly, approach them head on, using jets, Go prone and disable jets, pointing the saw at the enemy.  When they come down out of the air at you, stand up in the air, and use the jets to boost your way up behind them, if done fast enough they will keep going, and possibly be pointing the other way, so you can easily strike them in the back, or legs.  (This is also like jousting, it often all happens in a split second)

I usually only use saw low, as it's really tight on some maps you can own a lot of gunners down there.  In open terrain, you really need to move.  Use the terrain to your advantage, spot out a place where a poly may go vertical, and jump off it.  These are very useful when they are pointed in the general direction of an enemy. 

Also, here's a cheap-o one.  If approaching another sawer (usually low) and there is like a small gully or dent in the terrain in-between you and him, that's enough to conceal your whole body, go prone and fly into it, as if you are laying down in a trench.  Aim your saw up, at an angle towards the advancing enemy, or as the terrain goes most of the time.  If done fast enough, he would expect you to face him head on, or go for his legs, but you went even lower, and as he's adjusting to the sudden change of expectations, he runs ofer the trench and your saw tears off his legs.  Just make sure you duck into the trench as close to him as possible, or he'll just saw the ground as he runs over and clean you out of the hole. 

That's just a few tips.  I'm still working on some of those tactics..  but yeah gives you a general idea of saw tactics.

Thanks Hair|Trigger, I dont really use the chainsaw much anymore, im more of a person who throws knives at the approaching enemy's now. But when i come to the situation when i only have chainsaws, this will greatly help. Thanks :D
Leader of {AC}

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2008, 06:11:29 pm »
It's more the gunner than the gun.

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2008, 06:17:39 pm »
It depends on a lot of things but better guns do appear to come out:

1v1: Barrett, you get good enough aim you cannot be touched.

Ctf Main Route: Aug, probably the easiest gun to use at the moment, used properly it is amazing top.

Ctf Alt Route: Ruger, In my opinion it just seems to work better than a Barrett.

Def: Aug or Ruger, both work wonders with it.

Rushers: Mp5, probably the best all-around gun for rushing.

The rest of the guns have specialized uses, used improperly they can damage your team terribly.

Its kind of funny that I say that, because using mainly Deagles I screw up a lot, I'm just too stubborn to change.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2008, 02:10:50 am »
Spam

Sorry offtopic but; HairTrigger, what is the font used in those "diagrams"? (the white text)

The white text is BankGothic, same as in the soldat menus.  Sorry I forgot what one is used in the second diagram : P

Player since late 2007

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2008, 05:35:09 am »
I don't think there is a best weapon. Soldats pretty much a more exciting version of rock scissors paper.

Offline Zabijaka

• Soldier
  • Soldat Fan, Hitman Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2008, 05:38:53 am »
Spas is the best weapon in normal and realistic mode :)

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2008, 06:04:52 am »
That's what YOU think =P
If speedkill is fine, this discussion is going no-where.. =/
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2008, 06:10:04 am »
Speedkill has already found his weapon and his style etc. He's mainly a one-hitter. He uses Barrett M82A1, M79, Combat Knife, but mainly, Ruger 77.

This discussion is turning into some thing else =P

Offline SpeedKill

• Major
  • {AC} SpeedKill
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2008, 06:56:41 am »
Speedkill has already found his weapon and his style etc. He's mainly a one-hitter. He uses Barrett M82A1, M79, Combat Knife, but mainly, Ruger 77.

This discussion is turning into some thing else =P
Ye, updated list, Barrett, not so much. M79 hardly ever.

Used:
Ruger
Combat Knife
AUG
NADES!

P.S. STM1993 whats ur in game name?
Leader of {AC}

Offline Wela

• Major(1)
  • Killing Time.....
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2008, 08:36:10 am »
M79 , Knife and Barret  .....

Sometimes Mp5 and Ruger77
Don't Bleed , Be a Beast.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2008, 09:19:04 am »
P.S. STM1993 whats ur in game name?

Read my personal message below my avatar. My ingame name is 93. And my appearance is a completely black in colour character, with "normal" hairstyle, like in my sig if I was in Bravo(blue) team.

I currently use Ruger and Socom mainly, playing mostly INF or DM.

Date Posted: 28 May 2008, 21:52:11

Im looking for some sort of guide to the AK-47?
I use Ruger and AUG. But i see this character called 1 go around and kill everyone with an AK-47 and its so awesome......
Any Guides?
Mentors?

Actually it depends on your style and preference. Anyway, about the AK:

3 - AK-74  [AK74]:
Damage / DPS: 103 [24720] (7 shots to kill, BS = 240) / 148320, 6 {Mid Range}
Fireinterval / Reload: 10 / 150
Ammo / DPC: 40 / 988800
Bink / Movementacc: -16 / 2
Startup: 0

The AK is the slowest-firing auto, but deals the most damage per shot. In addition, it is considered the most accurate auto. It has a high ammo clip of 40 ammo and a rather long reload of 150 ticks (2.5 seconds). Its bullet speed is 240, as opposed to the Aug's 260. The AK is the second most popular auto, and I'd say it is the "slow and steady" auto. Most people call it the "Minimi-carbine", because it is quite similar to the Minimi.

For AK, when you shoot, you normally don't hold down shoot. You'd probably tap it shot by shot and make every bullet count. What makes AK superior is the fact that it can hold out in very long fights. A general gun might have run out of ammo and start reloading, while the AK probably still has about half or more of the ammo (20) to deal with you.

Why is it the "Minimi-carbine"?

1. Similar firing rate (Minimi's no doubt, faster of course)
2. High Damage (statistically, Minimi kills in 8 shots, AK in 7, Aug and MP5 take 9)
3. High ammo (AK has 40, Minimi has 50, both can last long battles)

What makes them different:

1. Accuracy. AK is much more accurate, though of lower bullet speed. Minimi is much more inaccurate due to very high movementacc, it only makes up for it with high bullet speed (270)

2. Reload time. AK takes 2.5 seconds, 150 ticks. Minimi easily takes 3.85 seconds, 250 ticks. In a typical situation, the AK's reload is long enough to survive prolonged fights, but with Minimi's reload, you're basically dead meat if you cannot survive a heated fight and run away to refill ammo and HP. Both AK and Minimi can fight in pro-longed battles, but Minimi has a limit.

I personally use the AK if I play CTF, if I don't use the Ruger that is. I like it because its very easy to aim with it, accurate, and is powerful enough. I can last a long while before I need to reload.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about the AK. I have knowledge on the weapons, but most of these are just maths and statistics, and are the basics of the gun. The rest of the info, you have to learn from experience, or let an AK-expert be around to teach you the rest.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 09:29:47 am by STM1993 »