Author Topic: Crouchbug Racing?  (Read 13690 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Crouchbug Racing?
« on: May 24, 2008, 06:45:36 pm »
EDIT:
Crouchbug has been fixed under normal circumstances, BUT usage of a bugged weapon will still cause crouchbug to happen.

No, I'm not suggesting it as an official game mode, I'm suggesting it as a type of sub-game mode in CTF.

After playing around in fistbox with a Minimi I made which happened to have crouchbug, I had this idea when I just woke up today in the morning, which was to try to make a game mode with the crouchbug element, put together with some other stuff, like Racing. This game mode, like Climbing and the typical racing, is highly dependent on the map and scripting is optional.

So it would be like this:

On the beginning of the game, every player gets to select any weapon they want using a /weap function. Any weapon meaning it includes Flamer, Rambo Bow, etc. While choosing weapons, players will be frozen in a fixed position until a time limit is over. After the time limit, the race would begin, and players would then roll forward, enabling crouchbug to happen. Players will now race through a series of obstacles with a jet amount dependent on the map in crouchbug mode. At the end of the map, there will be two flags. First one to get there, wins. If you happen to die, you will respawn instantly at the start, or if the server's script has it, maybe a checkpoint.

All weapons have the same stats (well almost). They may shoot, but they make no difference (because there's no damage or boost). Besides, this game mode is for crouchbug, if you don't use it, you can't win it as easily as the crouchbug players. May I add that the only way you can get killed is by hitting instant-kill polys, or if the script wants it, you can add the "Berserker Kit" which you have to avoid. It's completely optional what extra stuff you want to put inside.

For crouchbug, it is quite difficult to travel through very narrow terrain (try going around inf_Industrial in crouchbug, I succeeded but it can be a little tough). It is dependent on jets too actually, because the fastest crouchbug is one that is in mid-air, so on some maps where there are low jets, you have to time your jets perfectly to be the fastest, while you have to travel slowly on the ground on certain places. Besides, I'm sure some mappers would make obstacles where you would have to fly over them.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 05:45:33 pm by STM1993 »

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
Re: Game Mode: Crouchbug Racing?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 09:55:42 pm »
This would be funny, but I at least don't know how to get the crouchbug or how it works, let alone make it happen every time I want for a server. Otherwise, this would be fun, and hilarious to watch. But isn't the point to fix bugs?
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Evil Noob

• Major
  • Cluck Cluck-Moo
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 11:42:38 pm »
That's a really good idea 93.
I came 2ND in the inf_Industrial crouchbug race on the fistbox server with you. ^^.
The CrouchBug duckhunt was also pretty fun, maybe we could also make it a bit like the duckhunt servers.
For example: Alpha team are trying to get across the map with the crouchbug and bravo team are hiding with snipers.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 11:51:40 pm by Evil Noob »

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 12:30:27 am »
This would be funny, but I at least don't know how to get the crouchbug or how it works, let alone make it happen every time I want for a server. Otherwise, this would be fun, and hilarious to watch. But isn't the point to fix bugs?

Crouchbug... I'm not sure how it works, but one thing's for sure ; if you do something to your weapon in a certain way, it'd make it have crouch bug. For example, having reload 0 for the weapons.

Ya the point is to fix bugs, but why not give the crouchbug a special reason to remain?

I mean, I too hate the crouchbug in an actual fight, but I'd like to see this crouchbug remain as a way to create new game modes or whatever funny ideas. I'd like to see the bug fixed, but also have an option like /crouchbug to enter the crouchbug state for fun purposes.

Even better if you can shoot and reload in crouch bug (but will always aim straight). Imagine some kind of Gundam or Robot mod with that feature. It looks like you transform into a vehicle and start flying around XD This is just an idea, don't take this paragraph so seriously.

That's a really good idea 93.
I came 2ND in the inf_Industrial crouchbug race on the fistbox server with you. ^^.
The CrouchBug duckhunt was also pretty fun, maybe we could also make it a bit like the duckhunt servers.
For example: Alpha team are trying to get across the map with the crouchbug and bravo team are hiding with snipers.

Lol I was first XD
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 12:37:25 am by STM1993 »

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 12:41:51 am »
You can get out fo the crouch bug with prone,... and there's not much chance of anyone actually Modifying a bug so you cant get out of it....

Player since late 2007

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 12:56:47 am »
You can get out fo the crouch bug with prone,... and there's not much chance of anyone actually Modifying a bug so you cant get out of it....

Well you can get out of the bug with prone, but still, the race's supposed to be for crouch bug, so non-crouchbug players can't go as fast as the crouchbug players. Or if you're referring to changing the bug into an actual thing, that's more like something to do with the game itself than for modding.

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 12:58:50 am »

Yes you can, someone made an "auto-croucher" with a modification of the ak, I'll attach it later if I can find it.

It's not a bad idea 93, I mean hover-racing was a big hit when it first came out. I'm just not sure if this idea will last for long...
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 01:02:50 am »
Well if it works I think it would go well with climbing based maps too :P

Player since late 2007

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 11:35:30 pm »
Code: [Select]
[Ak-74]
Damage=272
FireInterval=10
Ammo=60
ReloadTime=120
Speed=180
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=6
Bink=-24
MovementAcc=3
Recoil=0

Ok, I think I've found the "AK Auto croucher," someone was mucking around with it and now you crouch everytime you backflip.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 11:37:28 pm by NinjaGimp369 »
[/url]

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 02:28:41 am »
Sorry - I dunno what crouchbug is xD

But it sure sounds fun
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline Requiem-

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 07:31:16 am »
Sorry - I dunno what crouchbug is xD

But it sure sounds fun

It's a bug where you get stuck in the crouching position, without being able to do anything (firing your gun, reloading, etc.) except for jetting.

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 04:46:38 am »
So how do you race with it?
=)
Just jet across the map as well as you can?
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 05:09:07 am »
Whilst avoiding the deadly polygons. To be honest, the more I read this, the more fun it sounds. :|
[/url]

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 05:23:17 am »
So how do you race with it?
=)
Just jet across the map as well as you can?

Basically, you enter the crouch bug, then after that you'll race through a map. You will use jets to aid you, such as helping you keep in mid-air (makes you move faster than sliding on the floor) and to get over higher obstacles.

Offline Requiem-

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 06:15:59 am »
You could put some Icy polygons in as well, I think you'd go faster then whilst sliding on the floor. You could ask some people to make some sort of prototype map, so you can test it out and see if it works out alright.

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 06:25:59 am »
Well..
1) How do you enter crouch bug?
2) Do you automatically move forward, or do you use direction keys to direct something, or is there another way to get you moving?

Offline Requiem-

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 06:48:20 am »
1) There's a special bug for it with the AK. I think it's posted somewhere above.
2) You move in the opposite direction of your cursor automatically. Mouse down -> you go up, mouse left -> you go right, etc.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 06:53:55 am »
Well..
1) How do you enter crouch bug?
2) Do you automatically move forward, or do you use direction keys to direct something, or is there another way to get you moving?

1) There's a special bug for it with the AK. I think it's posted somewhere above.
2) You move in the opposite direction of your cursor automatically. Mouse down -> you go up, mouse left -> you go right, etc.

1) It's a bug which can happen ingame sometimes. It works 100% perfectly when you make some settings to certain weapons. For example, the AK posted here. Or, you could give the chainsaw reload=0. In toumaz's fistbox, I made a Minimi with -30 speed, 1 ammo and 0 fireintrval firing plain bullets I think, and it would go into crouch bug. To enter crouch bug mode, you either BACKFLIP or ROLL.

2) Actually, it depends on which direction you began your crouch bug. If you ROLL FORWARD, you will move forward. If you BACKFLIP or ROLL BACKWARDS, you move backwards. No, it doesn't move towards your cursor. Only front or back. If you had rolled forward and point your cursor to the right, he will move right. Left, he will move left, but if you point up or down, he won't move up or down. Strictly left or right only.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 06:55:55 am by STM1993 »

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 06:58:38 am »
Ohk sure STM sounds fun!
So up and down is controlled by jets and gravity respectively?

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 07:52:07 am »
So up and down is controlled by jets and gravity respectively?

Correct.

Hold on, I'm coming up with a demo to show you how the crouch bug is like.

EDIT:
I recorded a little demonstration with Fraps, 50 FPS with sound. It was 2+ Gigs in avi format, so I used windows movie maker to reduce the size by a lot (and quality too... had to sacrifice a bit). Now its about 7 MB, placed in a RAR folder it would be about 6.43 MB. Uploaded it into my ripway account. Click the link, and there you go! Happy watching!

EDIT 6/7/09:
Download link is broken.

Date Posted: 27 May 2008, 20:19:30
Btw, note that the weapon I used to demonstrate to you is a modified Minimi. The stats are:

[FN Minimi]
Damage=0
FireInterval=0
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=30
Speed=-30
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
Recoil=0
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 12:17:05 am by STM1993 »

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 08:06:29 am »
after making a cheap test map ill have to say this has potential :P just need a few good maps and then i will add it to my multimode server

Offline Requiem-

• Soldier
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 08:13:37 am »
Hooray for Bombski!
For all you mappers out there: get your butts to work!

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 08:23:23 am »
I'll be happy to do any testing/playing around for you 93 if it is required, since we both play on Aussie servers and have decent ping.
[/url]

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 08:34:29 am »
Hooray !!! There's a chance this would succeed =D

Oh and, thanks for the offer Ninja. Ya if I need help I may just PM you.

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 10:17:54 am »
So where are those maps then? :P

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 12:20:16 pm »
Lol, thats the big problem. I wonder if there are any map makers who would even bother =/

Date Posted: 28 May 2008, 23:52:08
Alright, I guess I'm going to try and make a map myself. I'm not a map maker myself, but I guess I'll try with whatever amount of time I have. But if there are any mapmakers who are interested, you can also make some maps too.

I only request to know how to colour the polys with custom pallettes, I can't seem to use any other colour other than white or black.

EDIT:
Here's a concept of how's its gonna be like. I'll call the map cbr_testflight. Start (spawn) at pink thingy, travel, then finish at the purple flag where the flags are. Black = normal polys, Red = Kill, Blue = Ice
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 12:53:02 pm by STM1993 »

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 05:26:46 pm »
people will go prone on ice, cuz its faster than crouchbugging. and deadlies makes it more like climb instead of race..
and i suggest u put a lof of jet ^^
heres my crappy test map that i made.. its too small but its just to give u an idea of what i had in mind

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 12:18:01 am »
people will go prone on ice, cuz its faster than crouchbugging. and deadlies makes it more like climb instead of race..
and i suggest u put a lof of jet ^^
heres my crappy test map that i made.. its too small but its just to give u an idea of what i had in mind

Hey... that's actually a lot better lol!

(Oh my, you've got 666 posts!!! Ahhh!!!)

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 05:05:26 am »
I've made a map for it using your design STM - needs more obstacles though - WATCH THIS SPACE
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 06:14:42 am »
I've made a map for it using your design STM - needs more obstacles though - WATCH THIS SPACE

Watch this space? o.O

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 07:57:52 am »
Yeah - meaning I have created the map (mostly), posted, but needed some adjustments - so just keep an eye out here for when I post again soon

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2008, 11:10:59 pm »
Hey, I think the map should have been like this:

http://www.addictinggames.com/helicopter.html

I think that should be what I should work on first for a start... I may add some other stuff along the way.

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2008, 01:36:13 am »
Well - here's what I've got for your design. Most of the polys (grey ones) are set to "hurt". The triangle marked "safe" is set to a normal poly. The red ones are bloody deadly, blue ones ice, and in the centre - the health pack which is huge, regenerates health. (although in crouchbug it will be hard to hover over it - so it won't be a huge advantage)

Offline muzikman

• Major
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2009, 10:08:13 am »
Anyone noticed how the crouch AK seems to not let you drop or switch weapons, and when you throw grenades he points his gun forwards but doesn't throw.   I'd love to know why this bug happens- it seems just to be a glitch that freezes the actions of a player indefinitely, which is probably why you keep moving, you keep the intantaneous velocity of the roll/backflip

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2009, 04:04:34 pm »
This sounds cool...crouchbug olympics :D! How about you just script the players into having the crouch but automatically, so they don't go into all the trouble trying to get into the crouchbug position.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2009, 06:35:00 pm »
Because you can't script that.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2009, 08:24:11 am »
I don't know bout the rest of you, but if you guys would've ever payed attention you'd know how to make crouchbugs, try reloading at high speed then rolling, or stop dead and reload fast, TA DA! you're in a crouchbug...
b&

Offline Ragnaros

• Soldier
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 08:30:02 am »
This sounds cool...crouchbug olympics !
crazy idea... i love it!!! F12 myeye!

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 04:45:32 pm »

Why doesn't someone figure out how then?
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2009, 04:49:40 pm »
I don't know bout the rest of you, but if you guys would've ever payed attention you'd know how to make crouchbugs, try reloading at high speed then rolling, or stop dead and reload fast, TA DA! you're in a crouchbug...
Apparently you don't know either. You don't have to run fast nor kill yourself first. TA DA!

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2009, 03:07:27 am »

Cause you can't.  That's why it's called a bug.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2009, 06:06:45 am »
Dusty who said anything bout killing himself??? i have it happening all the time and even tried catching the bug and succeeded, the easiest weps to catch it with are autos, speed up a bit, reload and quickly tap roll....don't tell me what i can and can't do right...
b&

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2009, 02:51:13 pm »
Missed the point of 'stop dead', sorry for that. Just to make you aware, I know exactly how to do the crouchbug. And you do not.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2009, 02:55:10 pm »
socom, instant roll when starts reloading (the line is 1 pixel) enters the crouchbug
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2009, 12:49:58 am »
So that means we MUST start with a weapon or else we can't get into the crouchbug position at all unarmed?

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2009, 11:02:27 am »
well, i havent found any other ideas
i will try something now

edit:
no, you cant provoke it by changing the reload time to -1 and then reload
seems like it needs to be the first tick to enter crouchbug
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 11:12:32 am by croat1gamer »
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Luke Strife

• Major(1)
  • Erratic Englishman.
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2009, 12:13:01 pm »
I've had the crouchbug a number of times before. At first I was like "WTF" and then after that it was funny. But when you do it multiple times it gets annoying after a while.

I never knew what initiated it before I came on the forums.

This idea look cool anyhow, hope it goes well, hehe.
"The best warriors never have to fight."

"What is worth having is worth working for."

Offline muzikman

• Major
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2009, 06:28:14 pm »
The word can't means "not able to".  Just thought I'd clarify that...

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2009, 10:07:30 am »
Cause you can't.  That's why it's called a bug.
Here's tutorital how it works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi1ae4kKR_o

EDIT* oh, nevermind. It seems to be found already.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 10:25:09 am by smiluu »

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2009, 01:12:34 pm »
*And now EnEsCe reads the thread*
Meanwhile...
NEW CHANGELOG for 1.5.1.*
(...)
Fixed crouchbug
(...)
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2009, 04:24:24 pm »
Meanwhile...
(...)
Fixed crouchbug
(...)

Eh, a damn shame, cause even if someone was to pull this off in 1.5.0, it'll be dead, as what happened to 1.4.2 pubs, so there's no point anymore.
b&

Offline Reptile

• Major(1)
  • "nice miss"
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2009, 05:08:07 pm »
Shame.

Oh well, another good idea down the drain.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2009, 05:29:18 pm »
I didn't mean that he's already fixed it. What I said was that he will probably do it after reading this thread. He has now so much info about this bug... ;p
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2009, 01:51:53 am »
Yeah and that was sort of the point..
We know quite a few bugs/glitches that could threaten the peace of pub servers.

Take this as a good example

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2009, 02:46:10 am »
I'm surprised this thread is alive =P

Told NSC about it via PM, smiluu? That's a good find.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2009, 04:18:11 am »
But evertything seems to go into one point - net code.

Offline Cyrix

• Soldier
  • I'm trigger happy, trigger happy!
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2009, 01:57:53 pm »
Dang. I wanted a chance to try this before it got fixed. Lol  :o
""A man should look for "what is" instead of what he thinks should be"" -Albert Einstein-

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2009, 05:25:38 pm »
Dang. I wanted a chance to try this before it got fixed. Lol  :o
Don't worry, for now Enesce doesn't seem to bother.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2009, 02:26:07 am »
What about making it a feature instead of a bug? It'd be quite fun to into "hover mode" and it would be balanced too since you cant fire your weapons, can't jump and you need to aim the opposite direction to go forward.

Maybe some key combo like hitting crouch button 3 times in midair to enter crouchbug. And use prone to cancel it.

Offline ValiS

• Major
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2009, 05:34:51 am »
hmm.. "hover mode" sound kind of... obvious. I think it should be smth like "Buddha mode". Cause you kind of look like a floating buddha if you have a bit imagination. Plus buddhas dont shoot too, so the name is accurate too.
I eat EFCs for breakfast (with a lot of ketchup ...)

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2009, 07:29:15 am »
hmm.. "hover mode" sound kind of... obvious. I think it should be smth like "Buddha mode". Cause you kind of look like a floating buddha if you have a bit imagination. Plus buddhas dont shoot too, so the name is accurate too.

I dont think so, that sounds dumb.
I'm thinking of explaining it as a special system the jet boots provide the soldat.
If it needs more balancing, it could use jet fuel at 1/5 of normal jet rate to fuel the hover mode.

I'd see it really fun grabbing the flag and going into hover mode while others chase you with hovering or running. The thing so good about crouchbug is that it slides smoothly over surfaces like the soldat has no friction. And you're more packed up than standing and thus you're a smaller target to hit.

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2009, 07:41:19 am »
What about making it a feature instead of a bug? It'd be quite fun to into "hover mode" and it would be balanced too since you cant fire your weapons, can't jump and you need to aim the opposite direction to go forward.

Maybe some key combo like hitting crouch button 3 times in midair to enter crouchbug. And use prone to cancel it.

Balanced? Speed is much more important than killing in at least the CTF mode. First off, this is a terrible idea for it's own game mode. People complain about fixing bugs instead of adding new feautures. Now why would we suggest a bug BECOMING a feature? Secondly, if this HAD to be implemented, it would be nothing more than one of those special bonus boxes(pred, rambo, etc...), but that is higly doubtful and stupid as well.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2009, 08:12:20 am »
Dunno, I think it might work great. Crouchbug isnt particulary super fast either and it doesnt need to be any faster. Its the smoothness of movement its great at.

A skilled player should be able to reach a hovering EFC fairly fast by sprinting and some superman boosting. And besides that, nothing is faster than the bullet.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2009, 09:25:15 am »
A skilled player should be able to reach a hovering EFC fairly fast by sprinting and some superman boosting.

Only if the EFC is a total tard who cannot glide...

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2009, 04:39:41 pm »
A skilled player should be able to reach a hovering EFC fairly fast by sprinting and some superman boosting.

Only if the EFC is a total tard who cannot glide...

Ding ding ding ding!
We have a winner!
No seriously, he has a point.
Not all soldat players are sctfl champions ;/
b&

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2009, 04:49:34 pm »
Neither am I but its not hard to sprint across a map though.
Not to mention bullets will still be many times faster than the EFC or the chaser and not to mention that the hovering EFC cant retaliate with weapons while hovering.

On another note, I should really try becoming a SCTFL champion though. Might be fun. :D

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2009, 04:59:09 am »
Meanwhile...
(...)
Fixed crouchbug
(...)

D:

http://bugs.soldat.pl/view.php?id=526
Quote from: EnEsCe
It is with much sadness that I bring you the following.....
The Crouch Bug is fixed in 1.5.1.10

Sorry :(

P.S that YouTube video is incredibly stupid. People have known how to do this for years, myself included.

P.P.S the reason for the certain 'spot' is the reload animation frame that the weapons 'Clip Out' animation will also play (When the sprite drops a clip to the ground), which varies for each weapon. The combination of reload, clip out, and rolling animations trying to play at once caused this bug.

Ah well, it's probably for the best... so long, crouchbug!
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2009, 06:38:06 am »
Oh, I thought that was a joke. lol oh well.
Good anyways, thats one less bug to worry about.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2009, 12:00:22 pm »

The one and only bug ever having made me smile instead of frown...
b&

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2009, 01:57:19 pm »

The one and only bug ever having made me smile instead of frown...

Yeah, I agree. It was more of a laugh then rage everytime this occured ingame. Not to mention I could have tried using it more frequently ingame now that I know how to force it (thanks to smiluu).

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2009, 01:41:24 pm »
Forcing it is actually easy, always has been, you just needed a good timing.
b&

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2009, 02:14:27 pm »
You all know it's going to be fixed in 1.5.1 aight????!

Offline Cyrix

• Soldier
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2009, 03:17:50 pm »
You all know it's going to be fixed in 1.5.1 aight????!
1.5.1(3) material ~ So if it wasn't a new discovery then how about a pretty damn sweetnut reminder just in case? :[

Lol. I can feel the love in here!
""A man should look for "what is" instead of what he thinks should be"" -Albert Einstein-

Offline HeavyMetal.Penguin91

• Major(1)
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2009, 12:33:33 am »
Yeah, I get that crouch bug in 1.5.0 every now and then, but I see it more often in bots. As a racing game, yes I'd play that :)

You could a features such as jumping over obstacles by self-launching with the M79 and such ;)
(">

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2009, 03:25:09 am »
Crouch buggin bots? Never played with bots that much to see it happen.
Must be hilarious I bet. :D

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2009, 04:34:50 pm »
Crouch buggin bots? Never played with bots that much to see it happen.
Must be hilarious I bet. :D

No way, I've played every bot since 1.3 and not a single one has ever done that with me.
b&

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2009, 04:57:04 pm »
Maybe he meant lan game.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2009, 05:27:28 pm »
I don't recall seeing bots get into crouchbug mode under normal circumstances. However, I did see them get into crouchbug if I gave them a bugged weapon that would cause crouchbug to always happen whenever you roll with it.

I'm gonna try making a bugged weapon, see if weapon mods can still cause crouchbug...

EDIT:
BAH! Is 1.5.1.9 or 1.5.1.10 newer? 1.5.1.10 looks just like 1.5.1.1. Also, if 1.5.1.10 is newer, then why is it my beta (1.5.1.9) doesn't update?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 05:48:18 pm by STM1993 »

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
Re: Crouchbug Racing?
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2009, 02:29:01 am »
1.5.1.10 hasn't been released yet, that's probably why.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2009, 02:56:00 am »
1.5.1.10 hasn't been released yet, that's probably why.
Ah, alright. I just thought the version number was very... awkward.

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2009, 08:47:12 pm »
I have seen bots crouchbug before, albeit I have played A LOT of games with bots, and it doesn't happen often.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Cyrix

• Soldier
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2009, 02:13:01 am »
I have seen bots crouchbug before, albeit I have played A LOT of games with bots, and it doesn't happen often.

Woah. Though i was the only person to have a bug. Its happened to me two or three times against bots. Weird.... Anyone else?

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2010, 12:48:56 am »
Sorry for bumping:

Hey, tested out 1.5.1.10. Crouchbug is still possible if you use a bugged weapon such as:

[FN Minimi]
Damage=0
FireInterval=0
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=30
Speed=-30
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
Recoil=0

Otherwise, crouchbug doesn't occur.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2010, 11:35:01 am »
I thought the reload time made it happen?

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2010, 11:54:10 am »
The mix of animations did it, and the reload time is one of the factors how long the reload anim is happening.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2010, 04:52:21 pm »
If reload=0 then its constantly happening, you just can't see it, then you bug when you roll.

Offline zIceman

• Major(1)
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2010, 05:19:11 pm »
I crouchbugged yesterday. I cant remember which weapon I was using, (but must be minimi or Deagles.. only weaps I use) but it was on Leo's Ctf. I just backflipped to the edge of a hill then rolled off right into it. Then I proceeded by flying all the way to the enemies base.. b4 getting owned b4 I could even pick up the flag.. good times..

Any chance of this taking off ?

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2010, 05:36:37 pm »
I crouchbugged yesterday. I cant remember which weapon I was using, (but must be minimi or Deagles.. only weaps I use) but it was on Leo's Ctf. I just backflipped to the edge of a hill then rolled off right into it. Then I proceeded by flying all the way to the enemies base.. b4 getting owned b4 I could even pick up the flag.. good times..

Any chance of this taking off ?

Probably not, because of the whole "it's a bug, should be fixed" attitude...
Pussies...
b&

Offline AquaByrd

• Soldier
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2010, 05:46:44 pm »

Pussies...

I could've sworn that I read somewhere that MM wasn't going to fix it because it was funny, but having said that, EnEsCe is in charge now.

EDIT: If this actually takes off, I'm quite happy to make some maps for it.
My sig was 300 x 120, the maximum size is 300 x 125. Check next time will you.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2010, 06:12:36 pm »

Pussies...

I could've sworn that I read somewhere that MM wasn't going to fix it because it was funny, but having said that, EnEsCe is in charge now.

EDIT: If this actually takes off, I'm quite happy to make some maps for it.

He may have said that, he does seem like the guy to enjoy a harmless bug.
But the people who have that attitude are the gamers, not the programmers...
b&

Offline AquaByrd

• Soldier
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2010, 07:17:54 pm »
Yeah shame really. It would appear the thought of doing something 'for the lulz' doesnt occur to many.
My sig was 300 x 120, the maximum size is 300 x 125. Check next time will you.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2010, 07:20:17 pm »
Yeah shame really. It would appear the thought of doing something 'for the lulz' doesnt occur to many.

The term "fun among gamers" is long dead.
b&

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2010, 05:27:01 pm »
Lol, add an option: Enable The Epic Crouch Bug? in server options.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2010, 05:31:14 pm »
I find it rather annoying when I unintentionally do this crouchbug, especially during awesome rage. ;p

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2010, 06:01:26 pm »
pene will have fixed it.
At least that's what my sources tell me

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2010, 07:15:16 pm »
pene will have fixed it.